Window tint too dark
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Cee

Richmond, KY

#1 Oct 27, 2009
Has anyone been pulled over for their window tint being too dark? If so, what happened when you went to court? Did they make you take it off, did they dismiss it or what?
yea

United States

#2 Oct 27, 2009
they make you take it off and they make you pay a fine. Its stupid. I cnt remember how much my fine was.
todd

Lexington, KY

#3 Oct 27, 2009
Cee wrote:
Has anyone been pulled over for their window tint being too dark? If so, what happened when you went to court? Did they make you take it off, did they dismiss it or what?
Ask the Judge why the law does not apply to everyone? If you look at the most of the Police cars the tint is less than 35%. There is no law that exempts them from this.
que

AOL

#4 Oct 28, 2009
dark tinted windows are dangerous & useless.a driver needs to be able to see clearly where they are going & what is ahead or behind them.there is no legitimate reason to have windows as dark as some people do.dark windows are a danger to everyone,including the guy behind the wheel.what is the purpose in having windows so dark that no one can tell who is in the vehichle ? yeah they look cool in the daytime but they are very dangerous at night.

“so be it !!!!”

Since: Oct 09

lancaster ky

#5 Oct 28, 2009
i think the rule is that if you cant see your drivers license threw the tint its too dark. i have very dark tint on a couple of my vehicles (not my idea like que said i cant see out them at night and drive my car with light tent at night) if you leave the back window untinted so the police can see in they probly wont give you a hard time. someone i know got pulled over for having 5% tent and they only had to remove the tent from the back window. never tint your front window past 10 or 11 in from the top of the window unless you just want to get pulled over.
xvs

London, KY

#6 Oct 28, 2009
que wrote:
dark tinted windows are dangerous & useless.a driver needs to be able to see clearly where they are going & what is ahead or behind them.there is no legitimate reason to have windows as dark as some people do.dark windows are a danger to everyone,including the guy behind the wheel.what is the purpose in having windows so dark that no one can tell who is in the vehichle ? yeah they look cool in the daytime but they are very dangerous at night.
then why do the police tint there windows?i tint my windows because i have night blindness.light at night blinds me if it was not for tint it would be more dangerous.my question is why do the police let people drive around with driving lights on ?i know they come from the factory but they are illegal on the road.vehicles come with high beams but it is illegal to blind people with them.just the same it is illegal to burn more than one light on each side of a car.bottom line is spend more time worrying about your car and less time worrying about mine.you can have my tint and my freedom and my guns when you commy bastards pry them out of my cold dead hands.

“so be it !!!!”

Since: Oct 09

lancaster ky

#7 Oct 28, 2009
hahahhaa commy bastards for not liking dark tint, man that was stupid

“U may be right, I may be crazy”

Since: Oct 09

Garrard County

#8 Oct 28, 2009
xvs wrote:
<quoted text> then why do the police tint there windows?i tint my windows because i have night blindness.light at night blinds me if it was not for tint it would be more dangerous.
Some people have extraordinary difficulty adjusting to low light levels, and, in some cases, can not do so at all. Amalia Miranda, an ophthalmologist at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, notes that limited vision at night not only may be distressing, it can be dangerous. "night blindness ... can be the first symptom of retinitis pigmentosa, a disease which results in blindness or severely limited vision. People suffering from night blindness should never drive a vehicle after dark." (USA Today)

If you truly have night blindness, cutting down on the light level will make things worse. Sounds like you shouldn't be driving at night.
xvs

London, KY

#9 Oct 28, 2009
bethann69 wrote:
hahahhaa commy bastards for not liking dark tint, man that was stupid
i can tell you are female your suffering from selective hearing.you only hear what you want .if your not smart enough to see that our freedom is being taken away a little every day then i feel sorry for you.wake up and smell the coffee.if i want to 15 pieces of tint on MY CAR thats my right and my business.i have always had tinted windows and have not ever had a accident that was my fault.i need to knock on a piece of wood so knock on your head for me . please.hell a airplane might fall out of the sky and kill someone maybe we should outlaw them to.the only accident i ever had was caused by careless women driving like they own the road maybe we should outlaw this to i bet then you would smell the coffee.if you want to see stupid look in the mirror.
xvs

London, KY

#10 Oct 28, 2009
pilgrim33 wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people have extraordinary difficulty adjusting to low light levels, and, in some cases, can not do so at all. Amalia Miranda, an ophthalmologist at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, notes that limited vision at night not only may be distressing, it can be dangerous. "night blindness ... can be the first symptom of retinitis pigmentosa, a disease which results in blindness or severely limited vision. People suffering from night blindness should never drive a vehicle after dark." (USA Today)
If you truly have night blindness, cutting down on the light level will make things worse. Sounds like you shouldn't be driving at night.
yeah i will tell my boss tomorrow i cant work anymore after dark, because i have to be home before dark thanks for the tip

“U may be right, I may be crazy”

Since: Oct 09

Garrard County

#11 Oct 28, 2009
xvs wrote:
<quoted text> yeah i will tell my boss tomorrow i cant work anymore after dark, because i have to be home before dark thanks for the tip
Great? I and the other drivers on the road at night would appreciate that.
devilish01

AOL

#12 Oct 28, 2009
This little trouble maker thinks that we don't know who the new screen is, i'm surprised they aren't bashing peanut tonite.

“so be it !!!!”

Since: Oct 09

lancaster ky

#13 Oct 28, 2009
xvs wrote:
<quoted text> i can tell you are female your suffering from selective hearing.you only hear what you want .if your not smart enough to see that our freedom is being taken away a little every day then i feel sorry for you.wake up and smell the coffee.if i want to 15 pieces of tint on MY CAR thats my right and my business.i have always had tinted windows and have not ever had a accident that was my fault.i need to knock on a piece of wood so knock on your head for me . please.hell a airplane might fall out of the sky and kill someone maybe we should outlaw them to.the only accident i ever had was caused by careless women driving like they own the road maybe we should outlaw this to i bet then you would smell the coffee.if you want to see stupid look in the mirror.
ok fruit cake, i guess you cant read or your eye doctor doubles as a snake handler on the weekend. if you cant see at night stay home. i have dark tint on my truck and jeep and dont drive them at night because I CANT SEE CORRECTLY! no one told me i had to remove my dark tint from my automobiles, but common sense dictates i dont drive them after dark, at least not with my windows rolled up. if you want to gripe about having our freedoms taken away then be my guest, but please the rest of us that are truly worried about our diminishing freedoms would appreciate it if you would use real examples to support your rant so you dont make the rest of us look bad.
devilish01

AOL

#14 Oct 28, 2009
XVS is another screen name that the evil sister is using, I wonder if she will use it in court in Danville next Wed. at 11am.
Hope she gets all the lawyer help she can to get out of being doped up and running a red light, causing a three car crash. That might really get her in a mean mood. We wouldn't want that. Might cause another teenager to get molested.
I believe all that is just some nasty rumor started on such a fine pillar of the community. Don't you?
cee

Richmond, KY

#15 Oct 29, 2009
thanks for the comments, some seem helpful. If anyone else can give me info. on their personal experience in the court with a case like this or know a friend and so on.. I got advice to just leave it on there until court to see what the judge said but Im afraid I will get fined if I dont take action before court..help please.
Im trying to avoid taking it off because it was costly and I just got it done but if its necessary..
KNH

Harrison, AR

#16 Oct 29, 2009
If you leave the window tint on and you know that it is illegal you will get fined. If you believe it is legal and the cop didn't use a tint meter you should leave it on and say so in court. I had a friend who was cited for illegal window tint. They didn't require him to take it off when he went to court but i think he paid over $100 dollars for the fine and court costs. If you know it is illegal and you decide you want to take it off do so before going to court. If you provide evidence of the removal they may dismiss the case. You could always pay the fine and leave it on but if you got pulled over locally I wouldn't recommend this. The officer who pulled you over may notice that your windows haven't gotten any lighter.
cee

Richmond, KY

#17 Oct 29, 2009
KNH wrote:
If you leave the window tint on and you know that it is illegal you will get fined. If you believe it is legal and the cop didn't use a tint meter you should leave it on and say so in court. I had a friend who was cited for illegal window tint. They didn't require him to take it off when he went to court but i think he paid over $100 dollars for the fine and court costs. If you know it is illegal and you decide you want to take it off do so before going to court. If you provide evidence of the removal they may dismiss the case. You could always pay the fine and leave it on but if you got pulled over locally I wouldn't recommend this. The officer who pulled you over may notice that your windows haven't gotten any lighter.
Thanks this was very helpful.
que

AOL

#18 Oct 29, 2009
bethann69 wrote:
<quoted text> ok fruit cake, i guess you cant read or your eye doctor doubles as a snake handler on the weekend. if you cant see at night stay home. i have dark tint on my truck and jeep and dont drive them at night because I CANT SEE CORRECTLY! no one told me i had to remove my dark tint from my automobiles, but common sense dictates i dont drive them after dark, at least not with my windows rolled up. if you want to gripe about having our freedoms taken away then be my guest, but please the rest of us that are truly worried about our diminishing freedoms would appreciate it if you would use real examples to support your rant so you dont make the rest of us look bad.
lol.i like fruit cake.i like the freedoms we enjoy in this country.i'll stand up for freedom (& have)& will support anyone else who does.some folks think driving is a freedom but it's not,its a priviledge.therefore there are laws which govern our driving & vehicle practices.its a matter of public safety & not one of me wanting to take any rights away from anyone.i would very much enjoy the freedom to drive as fast as i wanted to(i could be in florida in 6 hours).or dead from the crash.lol.you are right Beth,if someone is going to stand up for their rights,they need to know what is a right & what is not. if this person is still reading,i wish him/her the very best & i hope that they can see where my statements came from.at least maybe they can see that there is a different side to this that has nothing at all to do with communism.
que

AOL

#19 Oct 29, 2009
cee wrote:
thanks for the comments, some seem helpful. If anyone else can give me info. on their personal experience in the court with a case like this or know a friend and so on.. I got advice to just leave it on there until court to see what the judge said but Im afraid I will get fined if I dont take action before court..help please.
Im trying to avoid taking it off because it was costly and I just got it done but if its necessary..
the county attorney can help you out some if he will.i would advise you to call him & explain the situation that you were not aware it was illegal & that you are willing (if necessary) to remove it.explain that you had just put it on & it was costly & that you are going to lose plenty of money if you have to remove it but that to pay a fine on top of all that seems just a little unfair to you. if that dont work or he dont help you,say the same thing to the judge.when your case comes up & is read,the judge will ask you how you plead.tell him then before you make any plea.be respectful & be honest.admit where you are wrong & explain the financial burden of the situation & offer not to make the mistake again. you never know,you may go before a judge who is more interested in justice than in collecting a fine.i dont understand how it is legal to sell illegal window tint for street use? i hope this didnt happen in Danville? if you arent working (you have time to fight it) & the above approach dont work,i'de go to a jury trial with the same plea.
que

AOL

#20 Oct 29, 2009
xvs wrote:
<quoted text> then why do the police tint there windows?i tint my windows because i have night blindness.light at night blinds me if it was not for tint it would be more dangerous.my question is why do the police let people drive around with driving lights on ?i know they come from the factory but they are illegal on the road.vehicles come with high beams but it is illegal to blind people with them.just the same it is illegal to burn more than one light on each side of a car.bottom line is spend more time worrying about your car and less time worrying about mine.you can have my tint and my freedom and my guns when you commy bastards pry them out of my cold dead hands.
i hope after reading my other post that you understand i'm not nor would i try or support anyone who does try to remove,revoke,or otherwise inhibit the rights of any American citizen.i certainly am not a communist & dont personally know anyone who is & i had the very best Daddy that anyone ever had until he died.i dont support gun control in any way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lancaster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gas station off 34 old bridge general store? 5 hr Cougarlover 1
Home Mon Candance 1
I'm telling Tony Mon peter pan 9
leos Sun loop 6
McDonald's Jun 23 Longer bjs 17
think your lover is cheating check the out Jun 22 Jeff 5
Social workers of Garrard county Jun 22 Here ya go 8

Lancaster Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lancaster Mortgages