Garretts Country Kitchen
Old Timer

Nicholasville, KY

#21 Jan 15, 2012
Ate there for lunch today. Food was very good and the service was better. Best chocolate pie I have had in many, many years!
Carlisle Friend

United States

#22 Jan 15, 2012
DON'T JUDGE ANYONE BY RUMORS YOU HEAR!!!!!

They are great people, so give them a chance!!!!
itsme

Kitchener, Canada

#23 Jan 15, 2012
they serve fried mice and booger soup. They also poop in the food.
Carlisle Friend

Tishomingo, MS

#24 Jan 15, 2012
to: itsme,

no they don't serve that but maybe you better try McDdonald's!!
tiger lily

Mount Vernon, KY

#25 Jan 15, 2012
I didn't criticize the food or the service, both have been good. I was taken aback by Damonica's attitude, that's what I'm referring to. There was NO need for her to be pissy to me. No need whatsoever. I think her business skills need some honing. He is friendly and very professional, her---not so much. She is not really friendly to anyone that I've seen and I don't care about that one way or the other because I'm there for a meal, not to be "best friends." But when you approach a business owner with a simple question and get the kind of negativity and arrogance I got, then she needs to work on her business etiquette. Like I said, her arrogance was uncalled for. I don't think Dick would appreciate the image she's projecting to his customers. That's my only complaint with the place! I want there to be a decent place to eat in this area but people will not go there if she's nasty to them---plain and simple.
I know

London, KY

#26 Jan 16, 2012
I know Damonica and Dick.The money he took did belong to someone. It was not just floating around.Dick is a pretty good person as a person. But as for Damonica she is in that for money. She has always acted like she is better than you.She is a big bitch.I don't know what he wants with her anyway.If you work in the public you have to be good to people and respect them.He might be a good person but she sure ain't no good person she has issues.
tiger lily

Hazard, KY

#27 Feb 17, 2012
Well, we'd pretty much decided after our last encounter with DEMONica, that we were not going back to Garrett's. But everyone has ranted and raved about how good the fish is on Fridays so we went this evening. Well, lo and behold, DEMONica was an absolute b$$CH to us. First of all I have to say that she doesn't even know us and we've always been friendly and pleasant to her when we've been there so I don't know what her problem is but here is yet another example of her downright rudeness and unprofessionalism. We went in and it was really busy so we worked our way to the far back area to try and find a table. The only one open was a big table (it was just my husband and myself). We sat down because there was no other place to sit. She came straight up to us and announced loudly, "you have to move, this is reserved; get up." The people around us looked like they'd been hit in the face with a wet fish---theie eyes and mouths flew open and they were appalled. I don't for one second believe the table was reserved and even if it was, there were alot of other ways to have handled the situation. A business saavy person would've made an effort to help us find a table and been alot less argumentative and confrontational. What the hell is her problem? We've only been in there 3 times and everytime she's been a complete a$$hole to us. She doesn't even know us and has no reason to be so rude. I can't believe what happened! If she's gonna make a living off the public, she'd better get herself in check!
Bell

Georgetown, KY

#28 Feb 18, 2012
I tried it yesterday and its a clean place and the food was good!
tiger lily

London, KY

#29 Feb 18, 2012
@Bell---we've not got any complaints about the cleaness or the food.
crybabies

Lexington, KY

#30 Feb 18, 2012
tiger lily wrote:
Well, we'd pretty much decided after our last encounter with DEMONica, that we were not going back to Garrett's. But everyone has ranted and raved about how good the fish is on Fridays so we went this evening. Well, lo and behold, DEMONica was an absolute b$$CH to us. First of all I have to say that she doesn't even know us and we've always been friendly and pleasant to her when we've been there so I don't know what her problem is but here is yet another example of her downright rudeness and unprofessionalism. We went in and it was really busy so we worked our way to the far back area to try and find a table. The only one open was a big table (it was just my husband and myself). We sat down because there was no other place to sit. She came straight up to us and announced loudly, "you have to move, this is reserved; get up." The people around us looked like they'd been hit in the face with a wet fish---theie eyes and mouths flew open and they were appalled. I don't for one second believe the table was reserved and even if it was, there were alot of other ways to have handled the situation. A business saavy person would've made an effort to help us find a table and been alot less argumentative and confrontational. What the hell is her problem? We've only been in there 3 times and everytime she's been a complete a$$hole to us. She doesn't even know us and has no reason to be so rude. I can't believe what happened! If she's gonna make a living off the public, she'd better get herself in check!
just go find u a new place to eat and quiet your crying...live and learn...
tiger lily

London, KY

#31 Feb 18, 2012
@crybabies, you can bet we won't be going again despite the cleanliness and decent food. And by the way, I'm not crying about it, just describing our experiences so that others aren't blind sided like we were. This forum is for voicing opinions and that's exactly what I did.
loffer 41

United States

#32 Feb 18, 2012
tiger lilly i was there friday night i was just one table over and i know who u are.And let me tell u me and everyone in that room were very glad when they kicked u and your husband out.First of all u come in drunk as heck and stinking to high heaven.Sober up and take a bath and then maybe u would be allowed in to some decne place other then waffle house to spend your welfare check.Get a job u lazy booms and stop writeing cold checks and getting DUIs.DIRT BAGS!!!!!!!!!!
MEmE

Lexington, KY

#33 Feb 18, 2012
Can't wait to try it
Good Eatins

Centreville, MD

#34 Feb 19, 2012
Ate lunch there today and WILL definitely go back! The chocolate pie was out of this world! Watch out Friday night "all you can eat fish"
SICK

Mount Vernon, KY

#35 Feb 20, 2012
I ate there about 3 weeks ago, had the roast beef dinner. I barely made it home in time to make it to the bathroom. Violent diarrhea like the worst I can ever remember. You can have it, I'll never go back. The lucky people at the table next to me left because no one ever waited on them.
crooks huh

London, KY

#36 Feb 21, 2012
didn't know about him stealing drug money,well thats enough for me to never go back there.others should follow that lead because we shouldn't be supporting any crooks.
BJtrucking

Lebanon, KY

#37 Feb 21, 2012
Man I ate there while hauling gravel from here to Stanford and parked my truck out back and some dog was peeing on the wheels when I came out. I had to go too so I just whipped it out and whizzed all over the ground.. I got really sick and had to stop in Nicholasville going back at Circle K. Also by the time I got to Lexington I had the squirts man.

Never again will I eat at that place.. if it doesnt give you a heart attack, it will give you the squirts!
Miss Jane

Lexington, KY

#38 Feb 21, 2012
SICK wrote:
I ate there about 3 weeks ago, had the roast beef dinner. I barely made it home in time to make it to the bathroom. Violent diarrhea like the worst I can ever remember. You can have it, I'll never go back. The lucky people at the table next to me left because no one ever waited on them.
Have you been checked for IBS.thats the way it works.You can eat a good meal and you will be pushing it to get home.Have yourself checked out. Before you put down the food you have eaten.just saying.
tiger lily

Lexington, KY

#39 Feb 24, 2012
@loffer 41, you couldn't be more wrong about what you wrote. I don't drink, neither does my husband, we both work. Sorry to burst your bubble but we ARE among the group pf people who work everyday so others don't have to work---probably like you! I can assure you that I alone have an income you can't begin to imagine. You got the wrong people buddy, you have no idea who I am. I may live in Garrard county but I am far from being the welfare drunk that you're referring to. Wake up, there are plenty of people in this county that aren't those things. You're just a straight liar! And making up lies isn't going to negate that DEMONica is and was rude and unprofessional.
customer

Mount Vernon, KY

#41 Sep 11, 2012
tiger lily wrote:
@loffer 41, you couldn't be more wrong about what you wrote. I don't drink, neither does my husband, we both work. Sorry to burst your bubble but we ARE among the group pf people who work everyday so others don't have to work---probably like you! I can assure you that I alone have an income you can't begin to imagine. You got the wrong people buddy, you have no idea who I am. I may live in Garrard county but I am far from being the welfare drunk that you're referring to. Wake up, there are plenty of people in this county that aren't those things. You're just a straight liar! And making up lies isn't going to negate that DEMONica is and was rude and unprofessional.
We were in there a few days ago to hear Damonica talk to one of her waitress like Sh$t.She has no respect for other people.She looked and acted like a b$tch.She is not professonial at all.She needs to go to the house..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lancaster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Devil at First Friday 10 min Ralphietta 32
Drama Queens 22 min Pansies 7
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 30 min umoron 151,813
Who are the Berea Moderates? 53 min Rough Rider 65
Review: Beyond Beauty (Aug '11) 7 hr White_Rabbit 21
Poll Do you feel that John Wilson will be reelected ... (Sep '13) Thu Guru 307
Go fight win Aug 23 Mom 2

Lancaster Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lancaster Mortgages