Garretts Country Kitchen

Posted in the Lancaster Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
GCBaller

Magee, MS

#1 Dec 11, 2011
It opens up today everybody should go and check it out it's off of old 27 where Bills Diner use to be.
Yukiko

Knoxville, IA

#2 Dec 13, 2011
What are your hours?
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#3 Dec 13, 2011
Yukiko wrote:
What are your hours?
You still looking for breafast? hahaha
Yukiko

Knoxville, IA

#4 Dec 14, 2011
I sure am Wolf!! lol
tiger lily

Pella, IA

#5 Dec 16, 2011
We just had breakfast at Garrett's and its worth giving it a try. The prices are very reasonable, the service was great and the food was really pretty good. Biscuits were so soft, omelet was not greasy at all and was big. She gave us a sample of the butterscotch pie and it was excellent. My grandmother made the best butterscotch pie EVER but this was a really close second.

The place is alot cleaner than Big D's too.

Give them a try! We'll definitely be going back. She said that they also own a restaurant in Carlisle named Garretts.
Carlisle Friend

United States

#6 Dec 16, 2011
The Garrett family have been in business for several years.

They have always had good food. The pies are homemade and great!!!!

Give them a try and I know you'll keep going back!

Good Luck Dick with your business.

Miss you in Carlisle!!!!!
customer

Philadelphia, MS

#7 Dec 16, 2011
Let's help them out we need a good business in this county and if it proves it can make it that only means more businesses to come
tiger lily

Pella, IA

#8 Dec 16, 2011
I agree Customer!
good mood food

Lexington, KY

#9 Dec 17, 2011
great place to eat....will be back.
Ditto

Manchester, KY

#10 Dec 18, 2011
good mood food wrote:
great place to eat....will be back.
Do they play hymns for mood music? I couldn't eat at Big D.
tiger lily

Somerset, KY

#11 Dec 18, 2011
@Ditto---no they weren't playing any music at all LOL Did they play hymns at Big D's? I never noticed! That would've been distracting for me too
customer

Lebanon, KY

#12 Dec 30, 2011
Great food! I will go back.
Jim Atkins

Somerset, KY

#13 Jan 11, 2012
My wife and I eat there a least twice a week,the owners and staff are friendly,food is good and served hot.Food is home style and the place is clean,it never seemed clean with the previous owners.Pies are wonderful !! I wish them success !!
Moomba99

Mount Vernon, KY

#14 Jan 11, 2012
I went there and got a to go order to bring home since my girlfriend wasn't feeling good. They really cleaned the place up and we were very impressed with our food. She had their burger and fries. I got their Hot Shot and it was excellent with the beef fresh roasted there (none of that premade mess. Everything they carried out to their customers looked wonderful. Our cherry cobblers were so yummy. Its so nice to have this place here and the pride they take in it. I wish them all the best!!!
PurpleColoredBut tHole

Winchester, KY

#15 Jan 11, 2012
I ate there today and still have the runs from this place!
To you

Waynesburg, KY

#16 Jan 12, 2012
EmiLy always had the runs anyway so it's not the food. Heehee
Randall

Chicago, IL

#17 Jan 12, 2012
We ate there and it was very good ...
tiger lily

Clarkson, KY

#18 Jan 15, 2012
We ate there for breakfast yesterday and we had been there before and had really positive things to say about it. When we were paying our bill, I asked Damonica a question about something on the menu, something simple and non confrontational. And you would've thought I was dogging or criticizing the place (I wasn't at all, just simply asking a question about the menu) and she looked at me like I was doo doo under her feet! Rude, condescending and clearly po'd that I'd asked anything. Her whole attitude was "how dare you challenge me about running a restaurant?" Funny thing, I wasn't challenging anything! I simply asked if they had a particular item on the menu, just so I'd spot it next time we were in there; thinking I'd overlooked it. WOW! Talk about touchy! I can sometimes over read people's attitude but even my low-key, rational husband was taken aback by her response to me. I had planned on telling her how much we enjoyed coming there to eat but after her smart a$$ed attitude, I kept those positive remarks to myself. I am underimpressed with them and she appears to be overimpressed with them. Its sad because we were really happy they reopened the place. If she looks down her nose at people, her business is not going to do well. She needs to remember that she's got to establish a whole new reputation here; the one she brings with her really means nothing until she shows us here what she is.
the truth

Somerset, KY

#19 Jan 15, 2012
I hear that she is a real bitch. He can't be much better since he stole all that money when he was the carlisle sheriff.
The REAL truth

Richmond, KY

#20 Jan 15, 2012
I hear that she is a real bitch. He can't be much better since he stole all that money when he was the carlisle sheriff.

Demonica and Dick are both 2 of the best people in the world...simply put, if you don't like what you see, don't go back! They have plenty of business without you negative people on here! Besides, Dick is over that crap that happened in Nicholas County, leave him alone and let him move on with his life....you people are lucky to have him in your area! He was and always will be the best sheriff Nicholas County has ever had! There's other sheriffs in Kentucky that have done alot worse than him!(By the way, he didn't take anybody's money, it was drug forfeited monies. Get your facts straight before you open your mouth, or start pecking with your finger)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lancaster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking ?! 1 hr Bad Boy 6
Chris Day 2 hr Just Wondering 7
Pastor Wendell Johnson at 1ST Assembly Church 21 hr yep 6
Lancaster Drug dealers Sun Fedup 21
Mark Scott Sun Amy 1
Imma virgin (Sep '12) Aug 19 martin garey 6
Easiest piece in Garrard County Aug 19 Scaredteenager 14

Lancaster Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance