New Day Worship Center
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
curious

Lexington, KY

#1 Oct 18, 2012
What do you all think of it? Is it a nice place?
ex member

United States

#2 Oct 22, 2012
If u like seeing the offering plate 3 times a service then its wonderful. Just like 1st assembly. All they talk about is help financing to the church because our youth needs this n that while the preacher sits phat and paid
curious

Nicholasville, KY

#3 Oct 24, 2012
Wow. Really? Who's the pastor there?
christianman

Nicholasville, KY

#4 Oct 25, 2012
It's a shame how that church has turned out. A new guy took over it a little over two years ago. A bunch of redneck biker guys who refuse to present themselves decently is all it is. The pastor refuses to wear decent clothing - he will preach in his blue jeans and a regular shirt, and wears boots!

Also...the music is horrific there. It sounds like bar music! Unholy and unfit for God's house!

Also, they let 'former' drug addicts and felons handle their kids church.

We, as Christians, are called to be separate from this world - not of it!
church member

Nicholasville, KY

#5 Nov 8, 2012
Services are at 11:00 am on Sundays and Bible study on Wednesdays at 7:00 pm.

We welcome you to come worship with us! God Bless and have a great day!
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#6 Nov 8, 2012
So when was a suit and tie more Holy and sacred than blue jeans and boots? Or should the preacher have long hair and a robe type garment and wear sandals like the pictures we have been led to believe that JESUS wore?

As Tom T. Hall said in his song "I remember the year Clayton Delaney Died", it could be that the GOOD LORD likes a little music too.

It seems to me that the pros and cons are just a matter of personal taste and has nothing to do with Worship of GOD, the Creator.

really

Bellevue, WA

#7 Nov 8, 2012
christianman wrote:
It's a shame how that church has turned out. A new guy took over it a little over two years ago. A bunch of redneck biker guys who refuse to present themselves decently is all it is. The pastor refuses to wear decent clothing - he will preach in his blue jeans and a regular shirt, and wears boots!
Also...the music is horrific there. It sounds like bar music! Unholy and unfit for God's house!
Ye who is without sin cast the first stone. Judge not lest ye be judged. Do these quotes ring a bell. It's narrow minded hippocrites like you that stop a lot of people out of the church.
what

Bellevue, WA

#8 Nov 8, 2012
christianman wrote:
I have never been to this church don't know where it is but ask yourself this: if Christ was to return today wht would he be wearing a three piece suit or ragged dirty clothes? would you welcome him or turn him away? why would you judge someone for the clothes on their back or their past when you don't know what is in their hearts. these ex druggies and ex cons may have repented and been forgiven their sins and transgressions. I believe we must ask for forgiveness daily as we are all sinners and no one person is perfect or has the right to bash a church cause you don't like what they wear.
church member

Nicholasville, KY

#9 Nov 10, 2012
We're located right on US 27, heading north toward Nicholasville. We're right next to the Spurlin Funeral Home right outside of town.

I hope you all can come out and join us for a Sunday!
felons

Somerset, KY

#10 Nov 10, 2012
All the criminals and a lot of the town druggies go there to try to manipulate good people. No thanks.
what a joke

Lexington, KY

#11 Nov 11, 2012
christianman wrote:
You are the perfect example of what a Christian is NOT. This church has the most loving people that attend there and the pastor and is wife are the cloth that all pastors should be cut from. They are humble, loving, and caring. It is also a place that welcomes everyone and does not judge you for your past. Have you ever heard of the term "forgiven"? Apparently not. Sad to say, but you would not know Jesus if you tripped over Him.
felons

London, KY

#12 Nov 11, 2012
A true Christian will not be used as a tool to help the devil. Its great to help people but your supposed to turn your back to evil. So for a example do you want someone who is a convicted child molester to teach to a group of children at church? Would you trust your child at a overnight church lock in with that person? Think about that and then tell me about forgiveness and not judging others by their past. We all judge others and we should. We should protect our families and people who can not protect themselves from people who are proven untrustworthy.
pondering satanist

Danville, KY

#13 Nov 29, 2012
why dont we all just worship our selves...its a sin to lust and ect..but those are our natural feelings..y would god be agianst something thats naturaly given to us? preachers have wives..did they not lust for her before dateing and intercourse? i say give in to temptation, give in to ur natural feelings and respect amd enjoy them. we r only here for a short time. and to prove that we are only alive each season 75 times. meaning the avg human only sees 75 summers, 75 winters, 75 falls and springs
A church member

Lexington, KY

#14 Dec 8, 2012
There are no sex offenders on the Kids Connection staff at our church. Some of them do have a rap sheet for some other things in their past, but that's where those are at - in their past.

We'd invite you to come out and join us for worship services on Sundays at 11:00 am.:-)
Uknow who

Winchester, KY

#15 Dec 10, 2012
christianman wrote:
You sure sound very un-Christian to me. Didn't Jesus hang around sinners and welcome them to convert? Also,didn't God make a murderer and major sinner David King of Israel? It's easy for heathens like you to spew your hatred from behind a anonymous account....Now go repent and grow up!!
rick

Nicholasville, KY

#16 Dec 17, 2012
yall all take the bible to seriously
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#17 Dec 18, 2012
rick wrote:
yall all take the bible to seriously
Thanks for your opinion, but I will wait until I stand before the Judgement Seat of GOD and see if he agrees with you. If HE does, then I have not really lost anything. But if He does not, then I have gained everything. I don't see how I can possibly lose, maybe break even or win.
church member

Lexington, KY

#18 Dec 18, 2012
Christmas Celebration this Sunday at 11:00 am. Come out and join us. Pot luck after service! Bring a dish, Bring yourself, Bring a friend and/or family member!

May God bless you during this Christmas Season!
rick

Danville, KY

#19 Dec 18, 2012
yall ever wonder y wicca n voodoo is 2 of the oldest religons to date...and is still practiced...sumthings gotta b workin for them right? but the bible says its wrong..u r all sheep. the bible even refers to you as sheep lol.
christianman

Danville, KY

#20 Dec 19, 2012
Apparently I'm not liked on here. Jesus said that this would happen and that those who proclaim his word truthfully would be hated for it.

Wolves in sheep's clothing leading people astray. This church along with others in the area need to get off of the goody-goody feel good preaching, patting people on the shoulder and telling them that everything's going to be all right and actually preach God's salvation.

They need to quit singing the devil's music and just mixing in some words about God and actually sing some praises to him! They need to get their act together if they want to get into Heaven!

I'll be praying for them and for all of you as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lancaster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I heard Joe & Dolris Morgan sell drugs 1 hr bluebird 1
robert rhodus (Dec '11) 4 hr Duh 10
about brittany chambers? (Nov '08) 11 hr Shane 16
whitney hall and edwin preston getting married Wed linda 3
The Shells May 26 DOL 4
hamilton ave May 26 noisey 1
What happened with former officer Shaun Seger? May 25 lady 3
More from around the web

Lancaster People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE