Sheriff's investigators arrest 22 peo...

Sheriff's investigators arrest 22 people in Antelope Valley raids

There are 58 comments on the LA Daily News story from Jan 7, 2009, titled Sheriff's investigators arrest 22 people in Antelope Valley raids. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

Twenty-two people were arrested Wednesday as gang investigators from the Lancaster and Palmdale sheriff's stations served nine search and arrest warrants in the Antelope Valley.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
wally p

Thousand Oaks, CA

#1 Jan 7, 2009
clean em up! i just ask that the sheriffs be equal opportunist lawmen.
there are more METH ADDICTS out here, then crack addicts. they tend to pick on the people of color
Good Riddance

Pacoima, CA

#2 Jan 7, 2009
Great going, too bad the Sheriff's dept couldn't get a bounty or bonus for each gang bangers bruised up head that they lock up.
ExPate

Waianae, HI

#3 Jan 7, 2009
Oh, yeah! Remember when Palmdale/Lancaster was a nice place to live? Can we assume by "forged documents" that the arrested are some of the crimmigrants?
Allahu Snackbar

San Marcos, CA

#4 Jan 7, 2009
wally p wrote:
there are more METH ADDICTS out here, then crack addicts. they tend to pick on the people of color
Racist.
Honesty is all we ask

Downey, CA

#5 Jan 7, 2009
I wonder how many of these cases will be dropped or thrown out due to the hand full of badge wearing criminals that are assigned to the Palmdale and Lancaster sheriff stations. Fabricated witness statements and falsified evidence are the name of the game in the Antelope Valley.
It doesn't matter what happens or what the truth is; it's how they write it up.
I'm all for stopping the criminals but law enforcement officials should not be fighting crime with crime.
Marion Ferguson

AOL

#7 Jan 8, 2009
Ahh, Lancaster! I don't live in your fair state anymore, but my friend calls and tells me that they never go out at night anymore because of all the gangs. What a wonderful place to be FROM!
sher

Vancouver, WA

#10 Jan 8, 2009
awww good old palmdale. i was raised on a.v. moved away ninr years ago>>>}}} best thing i ever did! have a good day
Kolia

United States

#11 Jan 8, 2009
wally p wrote:
They're so busy with people of color that they cannot get to the next segment.
Former Resident of

United States

#12 Jan 8, 2009
wally p wrote:
Are you referring to the "day-laborers", who gather at the liquor store at 55th East and Pearblossom Blvd. referred to as 4 Points? It's the Caucasian rednecks who steal mail, break into cars, beat up their old ladies and slam and smoke meth. Palmdale and Lancaster are:
"Lovely Towns".
Former Resident of

United States

#13 Jan 8, 2009
sher wrote:
awww good old palmdale. i was raised on a.v. moved away ninr years ago>>>}}} best thing i ever did! have a good day
ME TOO!!!
I concur

Pomona, CA

#14 Jan 8, 2009
Honesty is all we ask wrote:
I wonder how many of these cases will be dropped or thrown out due to the hand full of badge wearing criminals that are assigned to the Palmdale and Lancaster sheriff stations. Fabricated witness statements and falsified evidence are the name of the game in the Antelope Valley.
It doesn't matter what happens or what the truth is; it's how they write it up.
I'm all for stopping the criminals but law enforcement officials should not be fighting crime with crime.
I concur. People do not realize that police and sheriffs are just people doing a job. Just because they are police officers and sheriffs does not make them more honest than the next human being. There are lots of bad law enforcement officials out there that are doing dirt and never have to answer for it. I am not saying that all law enforcement officials are dishonest. I am sure that there are a lot of good people in these agencies, but when the good ones see the bad ones doing things they shouldn't be doing and don't say anything about it or report it, it makes all of them look bad.
wallyp

Los Angeles, CA

#15 Jan 8, 2009
Kolia wrote:
<quoted text>
They're so busy with people of color that they cannot get to the next segment.
i agree racial profiling is awful. they can't get to the real criminals
wallyp

Los Angeles, CA

#16 Jan 8, 2009
Marion Ferguson wrote:
Ahh, Lancaster! I don't live in your fair state anymore, but my friend calls and tells me that they never go out at night anymore because of all the gangs. What a wonderful place to be FROM!
more undercover white gangs out here then anything else. there were some white kids hailing hitler on the corner of lancaster and 10th street west at the am/pm, until a bunch of brotha drove up. and the white kids drove away. brotha's were dressed the part too pants all saging. point is BOTH gangs needed their butts kicked...

Since: Oct 08

Los Angeles, CA

#17 Jan 8, 2009
Dig a hole in the desert and bury them all.

Since: Oct 08

Los Angeles, CA

#18 Jan 8, 2009
lol I wrote, "Dig a - hole in the desert and bury them all." and the DN edited that. lol
Jerred Fricke

Lancaster, CA

#19 Jan 10, 2009
As I was walking my dog at 9:30am in the morning. I watch the police as they got ready to raid a house on 70th street west and Ave M.
Jason

AOL

#21 Jan 10, 2009
wallyp wrote:
<quoted text>i agree racial profiling is awful. they can't get to the real criminals
And what would you consider to be the real criminals? Since its obvious that arresting gamg members who provide nothing but intimidation, violence, drug dealing, burglary etc arent really criminals.

Im not going to deny that racial profiling doesnt happen yet when I see minorities pulled over for the most part they had been driving like retards or chances are something came up on the computer leading to the stop. People need to stop pulling the racial profiling shit and realize that a huge majority of the time the people are getting pulled over or arrested for the right reason.
Robert

Santa Monica, CA

#23 Jan 11, 2009
The citizens of the AV can thank Chief Bratten for the scumbags he drove up to the Antelope Valley..
Thanks Chief, very much appreciated..........
Crime down, down in LA?? No shit !!!
All those lazy, crimeridden gangbangers are now giving Sheriff Baca and his boys a run for their money..........
Juan Carlos Hernandez

Palmdale, CA

#25 Jan 13, 2009
Lo unico que los malditos puercos (policias)quieren son bonos! existen muchas personas blancas que son una escoria para la sociedad y a ellos no los atrapan! que onda con esta injusticia?
Got it now

AOL

#26 Jan 13, 2009
Juan Carlos Hernandez wrote:
Lo unico que los malditos puercos (policias)quieren son bonos! existen muchas personas blancas que son una escoria para la sociedad y a ellos no los atrapan! que onda con esta injusticia?

Can we have Mayor Antonio Villaroigosa come over and translate this sh/te

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lancaster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keep a Word * Drop a Word (Jan '15) Fri Intrepid Surfer 85
Party Aug 21 forgotten memory 2
News 'Storage Wars' controversy, Jeff Jarred and his... (Jun '12) Aug 20 fubar 10
Any horny emo/scene girls at Antelope Valley Co... Aug 14 Abc 3
News Palmdale shooting under investigation (Mar '08) Aug 9 allin johnson 5
News All Los Angeles County Jails on Lockdown (Feb '06) Aug 6 dry lube 1,715
Organized Stalking Sponsored by Government (Apr '13) Aug 6 Mike 35
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lancaster Mortgages