Motorcycle driver killed, passenger i...

Motorcycle driver killed, passenger injured in Palmdale crash

There are 18 comments on the LA Daily News story from Nov 8, 2010, titled Motorcycle driver killed, passenger injured in Palmdale crash. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

An 18-year-old motorcycle driver was killed and a 25-year-old passenger suffered injuries in a Sunday night crash.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

“Be the change you want to see!”

Since: Dec 08

Taos, NM

#1 Nov 8, 2010
"Dameon and Traivon".....Too much 'King Cobra'???
Rose

United States

#2 Nov 8, 2010
No such thing as a motorcycle "driver".
The operator is simply called a rider and
if someone is with him, they are the passenger.
pete

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Nov 8, 2010
one less punk.
Mark

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Nov 8, 2010
Pete, if your kids, or if you ever have kids, and one of them enjoys riding a motorcycle and he happens, God forbid, to have a horrible motorcycle accident, I am sure you won't enjoy it when random people call your son a "PUNK". The article doesn't depict anything for one to assume he was a "punk". Keep your comments to yourself if you have nothing to say. Be sensible.
Bobby

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Nov 8, 2010
So this accident was caused by the passenger creating a condition where the vehicle lost control and caused a fatality. What action is being taken against the passenger? When the driver of a vehicle caused harm to a passenger, every one is out to lynch the driver. I hope there is some recourse for the person stupid enough to jump off a moving motorcycle causing death to the rider.
Rob

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Nov 8, 2010
the only thing I can guess that would cause a passenger to "jump" off a bike would be the rider was going too fast in an intersection and hit those rain gutters that cross the roads. THat could chause the bikes suspension to compress and rebound shooting the passenger up inthe air as the bike was cresting the high point of the intersection. Or he hit a speed bump. OR worse, he was showing off and attempted a wheelie and the passenger wasnt ready for it.
wingdemon

Torrance, CA

#7 Nov 8, 2010
A 18 year old un-experienced rider crashes on motorcycle, dead. Is that really a surprise. I waited just short of my 30th birthday to start riding a motorcycle. He didn't even have enough experience driving a car safe, why get a motorcycle?
AfroManOf EastPalmdale

United States

#8 Nov 8, 2010
The passenger has some explaining to do and possibly drinking had something to do with accident. Regardless, God Bless.
Ron

Moorpark, CA

#9 Nov 8, 2010
I bought my first motorcycle at 15. Buy Keith Codes "Twist of the Wrist" and then spend the weekend with his instructors at Willow Springs Racetrack. All you riders I see almost everyday that don't understand countersteering and braking are slow dancing with the GRIM REAPER.

The motorcycle safety courses are insufficient.
Carmen

Sherman Oaks, CA

#10 Nov 8, 2010
Exactly ! The family and friends of these 2 young men dont deserve to see the comments from some that no nothing about this horrific accident.
Mark wrote:
Pete, if your kids, or if you ever have kids, and one of them enjoys riding a motorcycle and he happens, God forbid, to have a horrible motorcycle accident, I am sure you won't enjoy it when random people call your son a "PUNK". The article doesn't depict anything for one to assume he was a "punk". Keep your comments to yourself if you have nothing to say. Be sensible.
sha

United States

#11 Nov 9, 2010
All of you who thought they would share a negative or insinsitive opinion about what has happened to these two young men who had their whole lives ahead of them I feel sorry for you it makes me sick to my stomach to read some of these post as someone who knew them I pray for you and your souls because you obviously need prayer if you dnt know them or anything about the situation don't speak up on it

“Be the change you want to see!”

Since: Dec 08

Rio Rancho, NM

#12 Nov 9, 2010
sha wrote:
All of you who thought they would share a negative or insinsitive opinion about what has happened to these two young men who had their whole lives ahead of them I feel sorry for you it makes me sick to my stomach to read some of these post as someone who knew them I pray for you and your souls because you obviously need prayer if you dnt know them or anything about the situation don't speak up on it
"Sha"-it!!!!
Gods son

Lancaster, CA

#13 Nov 13, 2010
WOW I cant believe he called my friend a punk! Ive been knowing both the passenger and the driver my whole life and nither of them deserve that! They were both brothers with a loving family and many friends! You couldnt imagine how these deaths have hurt us! & just so u all know both BOTH were killed in that accident! How would you feel if you lost 2 brothers in 1 night? They left behind 2 brothers and 3 sisters! My friends LOOOVED lived and breathed motorcycles! They had plenty of experience! They were trying out there new bike and lost control!!!! You WILL be judged and punished by the lord for your heartless comment!!! RIP BROS WE ALL LOVE YOU AND MISS U DEARLY!!!!!
waldobinney

Anaheim, CA

#14 Nov 15, 2010
Ron wrote:
I bought my first motorcycle at 15. Buy Keith Codes "Twist of the Wrist" and then spend the weekend with his instructors at Willow Springs Racetrack. All you riders I see almost everyday that don't understand countersteering and braking are slow dancing with the GRIM REAPER.
The motorcycle safety courses are insufficient.
Most of the fools I see on motorcycles are either speeding around my car, or just flat out ignoring all laws of the road....Most cycle riders should have their licenses revoked.
YoungSinema

Temecula, CA

#15 Nov 30, 2010
@Gods son, they didn't both die. I used to live on the same block as them. A lot of these comments are stupid, you guys have no idea what you're talking about. They've been riding bikes since they were young boys, they have experience. I was a passenger with one of them before. The rider did a wheelie and his brother flew off. Then the rider looked back to check on his brother and ran into a curb, thus flying into a pole.
Fiesty

United States

#16 Mar 10, 2011
If anyone could accurately say something about this motorcycle rider it would be ME since he was my ex boyfriend who was carrying his baby. I am a motorcycle rider myself & I am the one who has gotten him back on the bike scene since he would ride my bike everywhere (laying it down twice because he would show off) trying to pop wheelies at every crowded intersection and cutting countless cars off & always riding at high speeds. We got in many many arguments cause he would pop wheelies with me on the back not even letting me know he was going to pop one and I would almost fall off the bike as well!!! He always dogged my bike out... Always felt he was invinsible and never wanted to listen to nobody & death was the result.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#17 Mar 10, 2011
YoungSinema wrote:
@Gods son, they didn't both die. I used to live on the same block as them. A lot of these comments are stupid, you guys have no idea what you're talking about. They've been riding bikes since they were young boys, they have experience. I was a passenger with one of them before. The rider did a wheelie and his brother flew off. Then the rider looked back to check on his brother and ran into a curb, thus flying into a pole.
. Tragic for the survivors, a boon to every other person on the road who doesn't hafta worry about some wheelie crazed lunatic coming through their windshield, a relief to every pedestrian who doesn't hafta worry about being turned into a quadraplegic by a dumbass going 70 on one wheel, a good nights rest for homeowners who won't find him crashed through their infants bedroom wall. Die wheelie poppers, die, better you than us. And for the surviving riders, remember how little sympathy your family and friends are gonna get when you die risking everyone around you's health and life. Parents who think a motorcycle is a good thing for a little kid, still think so? Then you won't get my sympathy either. If you give a kid a gun and let him be an idiot with it then the bodies are on YOUR hands too. You just don't get to play russian roulette with other peoples well being then cry for sympathy, nor do you get to raise kids reckless and inconsiderate then want pity for them when they get what they threaten everyone around them on a regular basis with.
Fiesty

United States

#18 Mar 10, 2011
He actually wasn't a kid... He was 22 going on 23 years old and knew very well of the possible outcomes of being a reckless rider since I would remind him every day to calm it down. This is a learning lesson for those riders who think showing off is worth risking your own life. Life is a blessing... Don't EVER take it for granted "especially" on a motorcycle.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lancaster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for lost family. Sun Still looking 1
Keep a Word * Drop a Word (Jan '15) Fri _Zoey_ 645
dispen-sary 24/7 A d d y s, T a r, H , etc May 17 Zagatan 1
News L.A. sheriff's narcotics detective accused of i... May 10 KCCOWGIRL 1
Organized Stalking Sponsored by Government (Apr '13) May 2 Mic 45
News Body found in Palmdale was shooting victim, pol... Apr 27 Kimberly K 1
Saucequatch Apr 25 Squatch is my fri... 5

Lancaster Jobs

Personal Finance

Lancaster Mortgages