Under the table AVRCD directors meet...

Under the table AVRCD directors meetings at Lancaster Denny’s.

Posted in the Lancaster Forum

darel

Pottstown, PA

#1 Feb 11, 2010
In January 2010 and on 2-10-10 Antelope Valley Recource Conversation District President Kathleen Burr, her AVRCD staff and certain AVRCD directors have had unnotified , unpublished, and undocumented meetings at the local Denny’s. The apparent purpose of the meetings are on how to clean up the Antelope Acres Dust Busters project lawsuits. The public was not notified and not invited. No records or documents were filed.
Manny H

Simi Valley, CA

#2 Feb 12, 2010
Holy Crap Batman
I am woundering if all the board members were allowed the info.
Seems like somebody is trying to keep a lid on it.
I hope there was't more than 2 directors present.
Sounds sneaky
didyouknow

Simi Valley, CA

#3 Feb 20, 2010
they are sending out notices of an open house in april. I don't recall this being discussed at the canceled meetings. other open houses have been voted on by the board, sounds like somebodies out of control
Morons

Pomona, CA

#4 Feb 25, 2010
The Open Houses have been talked about for a few months now. Take a look at the minutes of the last few months. It was discussed that there are two open houses a year and that there is a $4000 or $5000 budget for them for the entire year. That includes advertising. If you don't go to the meetings then you need to keep your mouth shut. How in the hell would you know what's going on if you're not there? You people need to get a life and find something else to do with your time. Oh... meeting at Denny's? Were there more than 2 directors there? No.... there was not. Then it's not anything to concern yourselves about, is it? Good God!
reply to Morons

East Greenwich, RI

#5 Feb 28, 2010
This a paragraph from the letter that you were presented with on the first investigation

"The Brown Act protects the public’s right to participate in the decision making process.
The Act accomplishes this important function by requiring that all meetings are open
and public"

"Further, the public must be notified of the business to be considered by an
agency at any of its meetings in a location that is accessible continuously for the
requisite period of time. Government Code Sections 54954 and 54956. Agencies may
only meet in closed session on those matters explicitly permitted by law. Government
Code Section 54962."

"Your agency must comply with the requirements of the Brown Act regarding notice of
regular and special meetings. In our review of agendas and minutes from past AVRCD
meetings, it appears that a member of your agency justified non-compliance with the
notice requirements of the Brown Act by citing the “special meeting” provisions of the
Public Resource Code. Such reliance is misplaced."

Your efforts to hold secret meetings is illegal and the only reason you have a "mouth piece" at the meetings is to protect your scrawny butt.

you do not want public participation because you can't afford to have the public know your agenda
2thelosers

Birmingham, AL

#6 Mar 25, 2010
I've read most of these remarks, it seems pathetic that people are seeing dark shadows in broad daylight to fill their obviously dismal, and dull lives.I've attended a few of these meetings and it's like a pack of wolves looking for the least bit of controversy to jump on with howls of protest. Talk about a mob, these guys fit the bill. From the looks of the language and spelling these guys are uneducated, yammering malcontents with nothing much else to do. The comments aren't coming from anyone who really desires to add to the improvement of whatever issues, but rather to harass, criticize and denigrate whoever is in charge. If you don't see it their way, then there's something nefarious going on, and it must mean that they are being ignored. I usually ignore whinny, nonproductive input in the meetings that hold too, but it does make it hard to accomplish and discuss things in an orderly fashion. Civil discourse usually leads to an honest exchange and most often a reasonable resolution to issues. When people are unreasonable they can hardly expect to elicit a change in any situation short of armed mobs, destruction and anarchy.
reply to Buuurrrppp

Lancaster, CA

#7 Mar 25, 2010
Analysis of below statement: You have your 1st person and 3rd person confused, of course you were at the meetings Ms. Pres.
"I've attended a few of these meetings and it's like a pack of wolves looking for the least bit of controversy to jump on with howls of protest."
"I usually ignore whinny, nonproductive input in the meetings that hold too, but it does make it hard to accomplish and discuss things in an orderly fashion."
Analysis of below statement: You don't allow a discourse nor do you want to change, you like your power trip. If you don't like the subject you pass it over to another month where your minions conveniently forget to carry it over.
"When people are unreasonable they can hardly expect to elicit a change in any situation short of armed mobs, destruction and anarchy."
Just your heading shows your contempt for anybody who doesn't agree with you.
Mrs

Lancaster, CA

#8 Mar 29, 2010
Where in the heck do you get "armed mobs, destruction and anarchy" in a Podunk minor agency. you really are screwed up to think that you are that important that somebody is going to throw away their life in a "armed mobs, destruction and anarchy" to aver throw a flea like you..
granny

Los Angeles, CA

#9 Apr 4, 2010
You ignore everybody and do what ever you want. I was at a meeting this summer and sat in the outer office and was totally disgusted with your ham fisted approach. If I wasn't so old I would box your ears like I do my nephews
RRR

United States

#10 Apr 5, 2010
GET ER GONE
enough of her

Los Angeles, CA

#11 Apr 15, 2010
Why haven't we been able to get rid of her?
tired of cheats

Lancaster, CA

#12 Apr 15, 2010
She sleeps with anything
I spie

Simi Valley, CA

#13 Apr 17, 2010
Crappy for a micro manager, good for paranoid skitzo.
heck she doesn't live in the distric, she hates traffic and has an apartment in LA
i spie

East Greenwich, RI

#14 Apr 22, 2010
Now that the PE lawsuit threat is gone, there is a real effort o hide the source of funds that paid off the bill.
hear

East Greenwich, RI

#15 May 11, 2010
Why did the people that gave the Dust Busters grants have to bail out DB when Preferred Equipment threatened to go to the Supervisor. Dust Busters had over $100.000+- to pay the bill.
idontcare

Acton, CA

#16 May 28, 2010
There is a letter from the:
Los County District Attorneys Office,
Bureu of Fraud and Corruption Prosecutions
and Public integrity Division
Relating to unsavory tactics of the AVRCD and their lack of allowing the public acess to their meetings and subject matter at
http://www.avhidesert.com/forum/showthread.ph...
hear

Acton, CA

#17 Jun 10, 2010
Hey I read the letter and I think these people are shady.
Jerry

Simi Valley, CA

#18 Jul 23, 2010
At the Antelope Acres Town council meeting a gentelman announced that dustbusters was having a meeting at ave F soon. I have not seen a notice on the meeying, any body have any info????
wendy

Lake Hughes, CA

#19 Dec 3, 2010
I hear they are trying to cover their azz with dustbusters
jocko

Lake Hughes, CA

#20 Jan 16, 2011
Dust busters is a loose knit private group of citizens that love to meet at the Palmdale sizzler and discuss Dust busting subjects and haven't done much more, YET.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lancaster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keep a Word, Drop a Word! (Apr '12) Thu _Zoey_ 315
Keep a Word * Drop a Word (Jan '15) Thu _Zoey_ 611
Kara Jo Aug 14 Justaskin 1
AV Lancaster California gay/bi boys (Feb '15) Aug 13 Want it 24
federal imagination laws Jul 25 Red Cloud 1
Samantha wright Jul '17 yeah ok 1
Suckibg hard cock Jul '17 Smokeyws 5

Lancaster Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance