LA deputies shoot man after foot chase

LA deputies shoot man after foot chase

There are 23 comments on the My Mother Lode story from Jan 22, 2012, titled LA deputies shoot man after foot chase. In it, My Mother Lode reports that:

A man stopped while riding a bicycle in northern Los Angeles County was shot and killed by sheriff's deputies following a short foot chase.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at My Mother Lode.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Oldman

United States

#1 Jan 22, 2012
So where was themans weapon? Or did he use hes bike as a deadly weapon

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#2 Jan 23, 2012
He didn't have a weapon. The LAPD have always been out of control. Bernard Park was their best Sheriff, he laid off a bunch of bad cops, and was gone to get rid of all the rest that wasn't doing their job. That is why they fired him. Why when a suspect have a knife or anything that is not a gun, they shoot to kill? And why when a suspect go into his or her pocket supposedly and the cops shoot to killed, and when it's all said and done the suspect didn't have a any weapons at all. One more, why when there is two or more cops on top of a suspect trying to put handcuffs on a suspect and the suspect is not resistant the cops start to hollering out loudly stop resistant. I tell you why so that they can do bodily harm and sometime killed. How man death this year along have been by the LAPD?
Just the facts

Bakersfield, CA

#3 Jan 24, 2012
Parks was never a Sheriff and the article says nothing about the LAPD...

Location hidden

#4 Jan 24, 2012
Just the facts wrote:
Parks was never a Sheriff and the article says nothing about the LAPD...
Do I have to spell it out to you, ok, I meant to say Chief Bernard Parks, and I still stand by what I said. One more thing there are more Blacks Americans and Mexican Americans killed by white cops then any other cops here in America make you wonder why is that. Maybe there shouldn't be any white cops on the police force. The truth hurts dont it.
Just the facts

Chicago, IL

#5 Jan 24, 2012
That's amazing! I'd live to see where you got that information. Send me a link.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#6 Jan 24, 2012
Isaacko wrote:
<quoted text>
Do I have to spell it out to you, ok, I meant to say Chief Bernard Parks, and I still stand by what I said. One more thing there are more Blacks Americans and Mexican Americans killed by white cops then any other cops here in America make you wonder why is that. Maybe there shouldn't be any white cops on the police force. The truth hurts dont it.
Why are you going on about the LAPD? They have absolutely nothing to do with this.
Just the facts

Chicago, IL

#7 Jan 25, 2012
My point exactly

“ Dump Obama November 6, 2012”

Since: Jan 11

Flush it.

#8 Jan 26, 2012
Isaacko wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you ever stop and think, What am I saying of course you don't.

More blacks and Mexicans are killed by white police officers, Try to think about that, Could it be most police are white and most of criminals the police come in contact with are either black or mexican. That just isn't that hard to understand

Location hidden

#9 Jan 26, 2012
Amanda two wrote:
<quoted text>Did you ever stop and think, What am I saying of course you don't.
More blacks and Mexicans are killed by white police officers, Try to think about that, Could it be most police are white and most of criminals the police come in contact with are either black or mexican. That just isn't that hard to understand
Because they only patrol the Blacks, and Mexicans, neighborhoods. I would bet if they were to patrol more whites neighborhoods they would be arresting more of them. We know who bringing the drugs in, so why not go after them and leave the users along. That would save a lot of tax payers money.
Sam

Mountain Home, AR

#10 Jan 26, 2012
Isaacko wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they only patrol the Blacks, and Mexicans, neighborhoods. I would bet if they were to patrol more whites neighborhoods they would be arresting more of them. We know who bringing the drugs in, so why not go after them and leave the users along. That would save a lot of tax payers money.
Because they only patrol the Blacks, and Mexicans, neighborhoods)) GGGGEEEEE I wonder why. LOL
OWRer

United States

#11 Jan 26, 2012
Funny,I would bet that if fewer blacks and mexicans(and whites)would quit breaking laws,they would quit getting arrested!That would also save taxpayers money!

“ Dump Obama November 6, 2012”

Since: Jan 11

Flush it.

#12 Jan 27, 2012
OWRer wrote:
Funny,I would bet that if fewer blacks and mexicans(and whites)would quit breaking laws,they would quit getting arrested!That would also save taxpayers money!
Isn't that funny how breaking laws gets people mostly black and mexicans in jail. Kind of odd how that works.
OWRer

United States

#13 Feb 6, 2012
Whites and others end up in jail too,look at the AB!If people don't want to do the time,they shouldn't do the crime.It's not their skin color,it's their choices!If they choose to do drugs,steal,join gangs,they will hopefully get arrested.If they choose to run with dirt bags and look and act like crooks,they will be more visable and even more likely to get caught when they CHOOSE to commit crimes.People of all skin tones need to takes responsibility for their own actions.

Location hidden

#14 Feb 7, 2012
OWRer wrote:
Whites and others end up in jail too,look at the AB!If people don't want to do the time,they shouldn't do the crime.It's not their skin color,it's their choices!If they choose to do drugs,steal,join gangs,they will hopefully get arrested.If they choose to run with dirt bags and look and act like crooks,they will be more visable and even more likely to get caught when they CHOOSE to commit crimes.People of all skin tones need to takes responsibility for their own actions.
I Agree.

Location hidden

#15 Mar 6, 2012
I just heard on the news the cops in Lancaster, CA shot a black man 9 times in the back, and once in the leg, sound like a KKK hanging to me. I dont see the Antelope Valley Press writing anything much about that. If you ask me the Antelope Valley is just as much the blame as these cops out here, and all of these rednecks, hating on the African Americans, and the Mexican Americans.The Antelope Valley, need to first of all get rid of the Antelope Valley Press, and replace it with a paper that is not afraid to put out the truth, and not sweeping news up under the cover. The cops out here they get the Judges to set the minorities bail so high behind small shit, and the whites go and do the same crime and get no bail. Now tell me who truly is playing the race cards. These cops out here need to be replace. The cops that shot that guy 10 times are nothing but murderers. I dare you to speak up Antelope Valley Press.
OWRer

United States

#16 Mar 8, 2012
Isaacko,I don't live in the AV and know nothing of the shooting.What did he do to get shot at?One thing that I do know,is that "cops" in general have as many or more complaints with Judges than most people do.It's very unlikely that they have any say so over bail amts.I'm going to guess that bail amts. are set due to current/prior arrests and convictions and likelihood of showing up for the court date.I don't know if there are statistics on race,re-offending and failure to appear,but it's an interesting topic.
Do you always see people as broken down into racial categories?"Rednecks ","African Americans",and Mexican Americans"?Do you assume that all people that are arrested are innocent?Or just those that are not "white"?
Not trying to judge you here,it just seems like you only see the color of peoples skin,not who they are.

Location hidden

#17 Mar 11, 2012
Isaacko wrote:
I just heard on the news the cops in Lancaster, CA shot a black man 9 times in the back, and once in the leg, sound like a KKK hanging to me. I dont see the Antelope Valley Press writing anything much about that. If you ask me the Antelope Valley is just as much the blame as these cops out here, and all of these rednecks, hating on the African Americans, and the Mexican Americans.The Antelope Valley, need to first of all get rid of the Antelope Valley Press, and replace it with a paper that is not afraid to put out the truth, and not sweeping news up under the cover. The cops out here they get the Judges to set the minorities bail so high behind small shit, and the whites go and do the same crime and get no bail. Now tell me who truly is playing the race cards. These cops out here need to be replace. The cops that shot that guy 10 times are nothing but murderers. I dare you to speak up Antelope Valley Press.
Go back to October when that shooting happened and read the AV Press.

Location hidden

#18 Mar 14, 2012
jason f wrote:
<quoted text>Go back to October when that shooting happened and read the AV Press.
Not the paper I would get my news from.

Location hidden

#19 Mar 15, 2012
Isaacko wrote:
<quoted text>
Not the paper I would get my news from.
Read any of the other papers then.
OWRer

United States

#20 Mar 16, 2012
OK,read multiple.
From what I read,a guy who has a past history of acting up and threatening when angry,gets his gun and fires a shot during an argument with his wife.Cops get a call,of shots fired.When they show up,they order everyone out.Wife comes out,guy and his brother in law hide in garage.They refuse to come out and wife claims to not be able to help them get in.Officers know he has a gun and will use it,cause he already fired at least one shot before they got there.He's also not alone,and he is refusing to follow orders.They get in the door of the garage and things go bad.
Shooting someone in the back looks really bad.Why was his back turned?If I was hiding from the cops and they were coming in the door,I'd be facing the door,or running out another door.It doesn't sound like he had decided to cooperate and open it.
It doesn't sound like this is a race issue,it sounds like this guy made really bad choices that day.Had he not fired that first shot,had he not hidden,had he followed orders,he'd be alive.Had he been a white guy who made the same bad choices,it would've ended the same way.
The KKK did horrible things to innocent people simply because of the color of their skin.This was nothing like that.Bad racist stuff happens,but this wasn't it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lancaster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lancaster going ghetto (Sep '06) Sun Davidh5396 270
Keep a Word, Drop a Word! (Apr '12) Oct '17 _Zoey_ 323
any info on redman elementry on E-4 and 90thwe... (Jun '12) Oct '17 wolffiee2u 4
Suckibg hard cock (May '17) Sep '17 TJR 7
A dangerous house fire caught on video by a Tv ... Sep '17 Newsroom_LA 1
Organized Stalking Sponsored by Government (Apr '13) Aug '17 Mikenike 42
Kara Jo Aug '17 Justaskin 1

Lancaster Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lancaster Mortgages