Ex-guard convicted of murdering woman in Palmdale park-and-ride...

Full story: LA Daily News

A former security guard was convicted Friday of second-degree murder for the shooting death of an 18-year-old female college student in the Palmdale park-and-ride lot where he worked nearly 10 years ago.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of54
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
dug

Newbury Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Dec 18, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

... he mistook her for prostitute... so he had to kill her???...this article leaves alot to the imagination--- or did he shoot her because "she stood up for herself"? what does that even mean? if you are going to post an article, at least have make sense--- that's all we ask...
LACITY

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Dec 18, 2009
 

Judged:

1

So what was the motive for shooting the young woman? And why did it take so long for the defendant to go to trial? 8 years is a long time.
Justice

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Dec 18, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

Jennings Attorney asked the court for additional time to prepare a defense. Here is what happend:
1) Victim leaves her car in PNR Lot
2) V comes back and get dropped off by her friend.
3) Jennings aproaches V and V rolled down window.
4) Jennings was enthralled with V's Mustang.
5) Jennings was turned down by Victim.
6) V told Jennings she had to goto class
7) Jennings got upset he was shutdown.
8) Jennings pulls his gun and wants tells Victim he is gonna rape her.
9)Victim is able to get away and back in her car.
10) Jennings hits Victim in head with handgun
11) Jennings shoots Victim 5 times
12) Jennings Convicted of Murder
13) Jennings will eventually Die in Prison
JUSTICE SERVED!
brian

Tehachapi, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Dec 19, 2009
 

Judged:

3

1

1

wow 3 trials for the same charge, and you think this is justice ? most people would call this being railroaded...that is just wrong! I guess sooner or later you were bound to find the right (wrong) jury.... this is just sad...
geo

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Dec 19, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

Our young daughters don't realize that they can't wear sexy outfits, look sexy or beautiful as if in a music video, and safely say no to someone who has been aroused. That's the big hypocracy of our society.
Additionally, it's always what the judges keep the jury from knowing that keeps these criminals recycling and keeps us all in danger.
Not in LA Anymore

Rainbow City, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Dec 19, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

If he is guilty,kill him.Quit wasting money to keep these animals alive.They take use space.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Dec 19, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

brian wrote:
wow 3 trials for the same charge, and you think this is justice ? most people would call this being railroaded...that is just wrong! I guess sooner or later you were bound to find the right (wrong) jury.... this is just sad...
It could be railroading. Or it could be the evidence pointed at him and noone else. Or it could be he knew too much about things that detectives never told him. Hes the only one in the lot, didnt hear any cars leave, didnt see anyone leave and what turns up? A dead 18 year old.
MP-COP

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Dec 19, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

STATE PRISON HAS A NICE SPOT FOR HIM RIGHT NEXT TO MANSON!
William

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Dec 19, 2009
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Guilty without any real evidense. No gun shot residue, no gun, no witnesses, no finger prints, but guilty because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Now that's what I call a great Justice Syetem. Surely if he were guilty he would have had a pat story to tell or he would have gone AWOL while serving in Iraq or for that matter what murderer goes off and joins the Army and goes to war. Too many holes both ways we may never really know who killed that girl but we think we just convicted him?
Pacific

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Dec 19, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

dug wrote:
... he mistook her for prostitute... so he had to kill her???...this article leaves alot to the imagination--- or did he shoot her because "she stood up for herself"? what does that even mean? if you are going to post an article, at least have make sense--- that's all we ask...
I agree 100%, was that a fact brought out in the trial him thinking she was a prostitude or just a crack remark made by the attorney? As usual we have to try to find another source to get the real story.
Norealevidence

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Dec 19, 2009
 

Judged:

2

2

1

I've been following this all along and maybe I haven't heard everything but from what I know there is no way a jury could convict him on what they have. There is no physical evidence conecting him to her or her to him. No blood splatter, no DNA, no weapon, no motivation. Why would a guard who everyone knew worked at the Park and Ride shoot and kill someone? He didn't run away, didn't hide. There's nothing in his past to show that he was ever involved in any group or gang, no previous arrests, no asults, nothing. Even if he did think she was a prostute, why would he kill her? He worked there, he would be the first suspect. It doesn't make any sense at all. Also, there was no gun residue on his hands, he never left the Park and Ride and he called the police. There is no evidense that they had any contact at all. How could a jury convict him? Seriously. We all know from watching CSI that all kinds of evidence is left behind, but in this case there was none. They say she fought him off and defended herself but she has none of his DNA and he has none of hers. However, I heard there was some kind of police car or problem down Ave. S around the fast food restruants which is just down from the Park and Ride. Was that person ever looked at? Was anyone else ever looked at or was this guy the only one they could pen it on? I guess he'll appeal and I hope they take it out of the Palmdale/Lancaster area so a new jury pool, a more thinking one can hear all the ins and outs and see if anywhere there is a connection between this girl and the guard. Are they trying to say he was all prepared with a plastic suit from head to toe before he drove over and shot her for no reason, knowing everyone would know it was him? Not likely, which means the real killer is still out ther and the girls family can hardly say they have closure. It was a horrible, terrible thing for the girls family, a parents nightmare for sure but I can't see how it could be this guy. I saw Sylvia Browne on Montel when this family, these parents ask about who killed their daughter (she's a famous psychic) and she told them it was a man in a uniform and he took the gun and put it in a trash can by an elevator in a multilevel office building. Is this why they're sure it's that guard, in his uniform? That's just not enough evidence for me and there's no miultilevel buildings near the Park and Ride. It just doen't come together and I'd hate to see an innocent man spend the rest of his life in jail for something he didn't do.
Norealevidence

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Dec 19, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

1

This is all make believe! He has no reason to do any of that. He was a guard and had been cleared and licenced. He wasn't a stupid or hair trigger kind of guy. NOTHING connects him to the girl. How did she fight with him? There is NO DNA evidence. She had NONE of his and he had NONE of hers. No gun residue was on him. He worked at the Park and Ride, why would he shoot her there and hang around? No, I don't think he did it and there is no evidence saying so. The whole case is based on the fact that he was guarding the Park and Ride where she was killed; It's a big parking lot and you can't see from one side to the other. Mostly though, it makes no sense. Her car turned him on and she turned him on so he shot and killed her and did it without any blood splatter, no DNA, no gun residue on him? Wrong guy. I'll bet he'll get out on appeal. A real jury, in another town far away will see it for what it is. A greaving family wanted justice for their beloved daughter but not good hard science and facts. You can't put someone away because you feel sorry for the parents. That's just not right.
Justice wrote:
Jennings Attorney asked the court for additional time to prepare a defense. Here is what happend:
1) Victim leaves her car in PNR Lot
2) V comes back and get dropped off by her friend.
3) Jennings aproaches V and V rolled down window.
4) Jennings was enthralled with V's Mustang.
5) Jennings was turned down by Victim.
6) V told Jennings she had to goto class
7) Jennings got upset he was shutdown.
8) Jennings pulls his gun and wants tells Victim he is gonna rape her.
9)Victim is able to get away and back in her car.
10) Jennings hits Victim in head with handgun
11) Jennings shoots Victim 5 times
12) Jennings Convicted of Murder
13) Jennings will eventually Die in Prison
JUSTICE SERVED!
wrong guy

Palmdale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Dec 19, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

1

This guy was railroaded because the trail was in Lancaster.Another innocent person convicted. They were going to keep having trails until they convicted him.
Jimmy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Dec 20, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I think the right guy has been convicted.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Dec 20, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

1

William wrote:
Guilty without any real evidense. No gun shot residue, no gun, no witnesses, no finger prints, but guilty because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Now that's what I call a great Justice Syetem. Surely if he were guilty he would have had a pat story to tell or he would have gone AWOL while serving in Iraq or for that matter what murderer goes off and joins the Army and goes to war. Too many holes both ways we may never really know who killed that girl but we think we just convicted him?
He was already in the military, he didnt join afterwards. His military record played a huge part in the trial for the reason experts said it would take a expert marksman to shoot her the way she was shot. Guess who was qualified as an expert in the military?

How can you say he was in the wrong place at the wrong time and hes innocent? Doesnt see anyone enter or leave the park and ride, doesnt see any cars enter or leave and somehow a phantom killer gets in and out with noone seeing. His own story is what led him to become a suspect in the first place. He knew certain details that the detectives never said a word about. Details like the caliber of weapon she was shot with.
Norealevidence

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Dec 20, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Just be glad that YOU didn't work at the Park and Ride when it happened or YOU would be going to prison! With no other "evidence!". Unbelievable, I hope this guy can get a good attorney for his appeal.
Norealevidence

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Dec 20, 2009
 

Judged:

2

2

1

You can easily get in and out of the Park and Ride lot without being seen! Half of it in much lower then the other half Plus, it's not next anything but the freeway. There are no other buildings around it, only bare hills. It's isolated, except for the nearby freeway. Anyone could have pulled right off the freeway. It's lit up and by a small lake. She pulled her car into a private part of the lot in order to change her clothes. It could have been any nutcase hanging around in the dark area. No one would have seen a thing. I know the girls parents want justice, I understand that. What they went through no one should have to, but putting the wrong man in jail isn't really closure and if he's not quilty his parents are going through hell too! I don't see any evidence pointing toward him except he worked there and he "acted funny" about her when the police came. Oh really? You mean it wasn't just business as usual to find a dead, shot young woman in your parking lot? I imagine I would be acting "funny" after that too. And nervous and upset and confused. Where's the real evidence, the Science?
Norealevidence

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Dec 20, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

1

MP-COP wrote:
STATE PRISON HAS A NICE SPOT FOR HIM RIGHT NEXT TO MANSON!
What a STUPID thing to say! How is he connected to that at all? There's NO EVIDENCE, NO SCIENCE that convicts him of anything.
They got the right guy

Hesperia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Dec 20, 2009
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Hey Norealevidence what are you basing your evidence on, an article in the paper??? You need to read the trail information and you will find out that they got the right guy! At last justice has been served!!

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Dec 21, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Norealevidence wrote:
Just be glad that YOU didn't work at the Park and Ride when it happened or YOU would be going to prison! With no other "evidence!". Unbelievable, I hope this guy can get a good attorney for his appeal.
Apparently you dont get the fact he told the detectives things before they knew it or it was known publicly. Or that in each different interview he changed his story about how he found her. Or that he told the detectives himself that between the time he started his shift and they arrived no one came into the parking lot on foot or in a car.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of54
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Lancaster News Video

•••
•••

Lancaster Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Lancaster People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••