Review: A Biscuit & A Bath

Review: A Biscuit & A Bath

Posted in the Lamont Forum

animaladvocate

United States

#1 Apr 27, 2009
**BEWARE**owner Lisa Smith/Andrews puppy mill, sells sick dogs with parvo that die and does not accept responsibility. Kern county environmental health/animal control can do nothing about it as they have no regulation as to how many animals a breeder can have. Many complaints on file with Kern County and PETA

often changes business/kennel name due to problems with previous dog buyers. notes from pet owners on website are made up. " Please research the breeder before purchasing a puppy" is your subliminal warning!
please RESCUE

United States

#2 Jul 8, 2009
BEWARE, indeed. I feel very sorry for the dogs kept there. She changes the name often to avoid further trouble.
animaladvocate wrote:
**BEWARE**owner Lisa Smith/Andrews puppy mill, sells sick dogs with parvo that die and does not accept responsibility. Kern county environmental health/animal control can do nothing about it as they have no regulation as to how many animals a breeder can have. Many complaints on file with Kern County and PETA
often changes business/kennel name due to problems with previous dog buyers. notes from pet owners on website are made up. " Please research the breeder before purchasing a puppy" is your subliminal warning!
Jennifer Scott

Ardmore, OK

#3 May 24, 2012
sOUNDS LIKE sHE'S A drug addict alcholic? & (moves alot)?
animaladvocate wrote:
Jennifer Scott

Ardmore, OK

#4 May 24, 2012
She changed her Business Name again... Her New Buisness name is
(Smith's Barkery)
animaladvocate wrote:
Smiths Barkeries

Taft, CA

#5 Nov 17, 2012
These statements are untrue and I know exactly who is writing them. I have had the same business name since 2003, and also I have lived in Bakersfield since 2003 and have moved once. This was due to my divorce and MK knows that. As far as changing my Kennel name, I had a lady that did my website for several years, and she got sick and could no longer do it. She tried giving me the information to update my website myself, but I needed a special program to continue using Go Daddy. So instead I changed to Yahoo sitebuilder. As far as my last name, Andrews is my Maiden name, which is the name I used when I started my business, then when I got married to Smith, I changed my last name, and for people that knew me as Andrews I continued using that name. Actually I am using Andrews-Smith. If I had something to hide, I could have used a bogus name. Jennifer Scott, who are you to judge me??? I do know how to look up ip addresses, and since you posted this on the internet, I can sue you for defamation of character, and also I changed my name 5 years ago. Parvo??? That too is a lie, I have plenty of puppy buyers that will only speak highly of me. My puppies are all checked by my vet and a stool sample is brought in prior to selling my puppies. If these lies continue, I will be prosecuting. I have never denied anyone coming to my home, and considering I only have 4 dachshunds, it is hard to be a puppymill. You may want to look up that definition to see what it actually means.
dog lover

Bakersfield, CA

#6 Nov 19, 2012
She has changed her name last 3 times
Smiths Barkeries

Taft, CA

#7 Nov 19, 2012
Quit harassing me. I have you IP address and I will prosecute you. Get over your hatred towards everyone and leave me the hell alone.
A Bisquit & A Bath is my grooming, legal name, still active and has been since 2003, Ghizmosdarlings was my previous domain name and as I explained before I had to change it. M.K. get a life and leave me alone
EAS

Roseville, CA

#8 Jan 29, 2013
Hi, in 2008 my sons bought me a beautiful baby Yorkshire terrier name Bailey and it was the best Christmas gift ever. Bailey is a healthy and beautiful 4 year old, full of life and energy you would not believe. I get so many compliments that people all the time. So if what you are saying is true, I got the best pick of the litter. But I have to admit when I brought Bailey home and took him to my veterinarian for the first time, the doctor told me he couldn't believe how many deworming he had from the records you provided, and that he survived. But he also said that Bailey was very healthy and in good condition. So Lisa, that says you did a good job caring for him. Thank you for that. I hope the mean stories go away and that you continue to raise healthy and happy animals.
Dachshund rescue for life

Long Beach, CA

#9 Jun 26, 2013
I think "smiths barkery's" unhinged and defensive reply speaks for itself. This brings back memories of very negative dealings with her. I absolutely cannot recommend this person or her various "businesses". I've since rescued several Doxies from Bakersfield. Don't buy, RESCUE!
Smiths Barkeries

Bakersfield, CA

#10 Jun 26, 2013
When exactly did you deal with me?? I believe you have rescued doxies from Bakersfield, but I doubt they are any of mine. I think your post is unfair and untrue. Yes, I am defensive, you would be too if you were slammed unfairly. Take care
Dont buy

Carlsbad, CA

#11 Jul 31, 2013
Wish I had read these before I had purchased from her.
My puppy was sick when I got it.
Underweight and sick.
I can verify and substantiate my allegations.
Do Not Buy from this seller.
UNETHICAL PRACTICES

Squaw Valley, CA

#13 Sep 14, 2013
It's all true !!!! Sue for defamation ?? Really !?!? Bottom line, this woman is a fraud and sells sick puppies .. Unfortunately after paying $900 for a puppy and over $1000 in vet bills due to parvo our puppy died. I was left with the aftermath and 2 devastated children. I sued and won, has she ever paid the judgement ?? NO, did I expect her to ?? Of course not she has no class or integrity how could I possible expect her to take responsibility ?? As far as suing for defamation .. Please I have the court documents to prove it's fact ..
smiths barkery

Bakersfield, CA

#14 Sep 16, 2013
Diane I really wish you would stop!!!!!!!
We both know that what you are saying is partially true. Why don't you tell the true story, yes the puppy had parvo, I offered you another puppy, I also offered to take the puppy back. I tried helping you in every way I could. So when you slam me, at least be truthful about it. Yes, I had a case of parvo many years ago, and tried my best to help you. Of course you won in court, I was never served with court papers!!!!
Adoptdontshop

Sunland, CA

#15 Dec 1, 2013
1st of all....What reputable breeder sells a puppy with parvo?!?! OR deworms a dog so many Times a vet still wonders how they are alive?!?Also...the bit about offering to take the dog back is interesting. We returned a puppy to her...were promised half of our money back...never saw a dime! She actually said she had already spent the money on utility bills! Wow.
smiths barkery

Bakersfield, CA

#16 Dec 1, 2013
Wow. Yes, I dewormed the puppy too much, following my vet's advice. This was years ago, and have changed vet since. As far as selling a puppy with parvo, the puppy left healthy, and a couple of days later came down with parvo. I am taking full responsibility for it, I had her litter mates still on my property, and called the puppy buyers and put a hold on picking them up until I knew it was safe. This was over 6 years ago, how much longer are you people going to bash me for it??? Have you ever made mistakes? I tried fixing it Adoptapet, I have no clue who u are or what u are talking about. I have used money from puppy sales to pay bills, absolutely true. I do not take puppies back and return money. Obviously you can't read. Anyway,it's been over 6 years since the parvo situation. Again, I'm not perfect, and doubt any of you are either. God Bless you all!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lamont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
any young ladies of legal age need a sugar daddy? (Oct '14) Apr 19 Rick 40
Calvary chapel Westbrook (Jan '15) Apr 19 Anon 3
Clubs or Strip Clubs Apr 18 Carlnarl 2
Teen Challenge Exposed! (Dec '06) Apr 18 Jdcross1969 52
MCDOT'S Metrolink Commuter Rail Service Apr 16 METROLINK MCDOT 40
News Kenneth Parnell, Steven Stayner's Kidnapper, Di... (Jan '08) Apr 15 OldLady 27
News Boy, 10, turns mom in for making phony money (Jul '08) Apr 13 Jason 42

Lamont Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lamont Mortgages