HELP US LORD II

Downey, CA

#66 Oct 1, 2012
I believe they do sacrifce and probably do not benefit financially but is this biblical? A man should prosper from the field he is working in. Jesus who made the ultimate sacrifice, said "it is finished!" He was the sacrifice, and I believe that just about all the comments made on here are seasoned with some bitterness but yet coupled with truth. V.O. does have a dogmatic way of "DOING CHURCH", God does not call us to that but "TO BE THE CHURCH". The biggest problem I see with your posting is this, the fact that too much emphasize is put on he Man of God. We create monsters in ministry, greed and selfish ambitious reeks when we put the empahsize on the pastor "way too much". My brother have friendship with Christ first and remember the sacrifice he made, and tend to the flock. Is the flock growing in CHRIST ASK YOURSELF?, ARE YOU GROWING IN CHRIST?(NOT MINISTRY?) Let Jesus acknowledge those that serve in those quiet places, he will raise them up publicly. I do not have a problem with V.O., just the so called body of CHRIST...
Heather

Laguna Niguel, CA

#67 Oct 14, 2012
VICTORY OUTREACH IS NOT A CULT, BEEN A MEMBER SINCE 1989 AFTER VISITING A VARIETY OF CHURCHES SINCE 1976....MADE IT MY HOME CHURCH BECAUSE IT LINES UP WITH MORE SCRIPTURE THEN MOST CHURCHES ALL OVER THE WORLD.....THERE I HAVE NEVER FELT PRESURRED TO DO ANYTHING BECAUSE ALL OF WHAT THEY DO IS MOSTLY DONE BY PRAYER AND EXAMPLE.....THAT'S WHY THEY HAVE BEEN HONORED BY ALL LEVELS OF SOCIETIES AND CITIES AND COUNTRIES, THERE ARE MILLIONS OF VO FOLK BUSY SERVING THE LORD ALL OVER THE PLANET AND DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS FOOLISHNESS ON THE INTERNET.....I HAVE TIME BECAUSE I AM DISABLED NOW FROM THE NEGLECT I GOT FROM MY COACHES IN HIGHSCHOOL.....BUT I HAVE A VERY STRONG LIFE, HAPPY LIFE, FULFILLED LIFE AND STILL GOING STRONG IN VICTORY OUTREACH, I HAVE BEEN BLESSED TO BE APART OF SUCH A HUMBLE,AWESOME MINISTRY WHO WALK THE SCRIPTURES NOT JUST PREACH THE SCRIPTURES, WELL I WILLING AND LOVINGLY AM OFF TO CHURCH....GOD BLESS YOU AND WE ARE PRAYING FOR YOU EVERYDAY.....PEACE:)
Apologetix

Salt Lake City, UT

#68 Oct 18, 2012
Heather wrote:
VICTORY OUTREACH IS NOT A CULT, BEEN A MEMBER SINCE 1989 AFTER VISITING A VARIETY OF CHURCHES SINCE 1976....MADE IT MY HOME CHURCH BECAUSE IT LINES UP WITH MORE SCRIPTURE THEN MOST CHURCHES ALL OVER THE WORLD.....THERE I HAVE NEVER FELT PRESURRED TO DO ANYTHING BECAUSE ALL OF WHAT THEY DO IS MOSTLY DONE BY PRAYER AND EXAMPLE.....THAT'S WHY THEY HAVE BEEN HONORED BY ALL LEVELS OF SOCIETIES AND CITIES AND COUNTRIES, THERE ARE MILLIONS OF VO FOLK BUSY SERVING THE LORD ALL OVER THE PLANET AND DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS FOOLISHNESS ON THE INTERNET.....I HAVE TIME BECAUSE I AM DISABLED NOW FROM THE NEGLECT I GOT FROM MY COACHES IN HIGHSCHOOL.....BUT I HAVE A VERY STRONG LIFE, HAPPY LIFE, FULFILLED LIFE AND STILL GOING STRONG IN VICTORY OUTREACH, I HAVE BEEN BLESSED TO BE APART OF SUCH A HUMBLE,AWESOME MINISTRY WHO WALK THE SCRIPTURES NOT JUST PREACH THE SCRIPTURES, WELL I WILLING AND LOVINGLY AM OFF TO CHURCH....GOD BLESS YOU AND WE ARE PRAYING FOR YOU EVERYDAY.....PEACE:)


Victory Outreach does have a tendency to take scripture out of context. They're not very sound in doctrine. They're also guilty of adding to scripture. Revelation 22:18. The honor and praise of men mean nothing if in the end it cost your life. Matthew 7:21-23. I would rather be persecuted in this world and praised by our Lord, this is more honorable. My brother you're the one that needs prayer. You're walking in spiritual deception. You're commiting yourself to a man and his "vision." He refers to you all as treasures, and why not? Sonny Arguinzoni has made merchandise of his followers and now he's living a life of luxary, with several homes, cars, a private jet...etc. 2 Peter 2:3. In the words of Paul, Don't be ignorant!! The bible warns of these false teachers for a reason. Open your eyes to the truth God's word.

May God show you and everyone who defends this ministry the truth.
Apologetix

Salt Lake City, UT

#69 Oct 18, 2012
Heather wrote:
VICTORY OUTREACH IS NOT A CULT, BEEN A MEMBER SINCE 1989 AFTER VISITING A VARIETY OF CHURCHES SINCE 1976....MADE IT MY HOME CHURCH BECAUSE IT LINES UP WITH MORE SCRIPTURE THEN MOST CHURCHES ALL OVER THE WORLD.....THERE I HAVE NEVER FELT PRESURRED TO DO ANYTHING BECAUSE ALL OF WHAT THEY DO IS MOSTLY DONE BY PRAYER AND EXAMPLE.....THAT'S WHY THEY HAVE BEEN HONORED BY ALL LEVELS OF SOCIETIES AND CITIES AND COUNTRIES, THERE ARE MILLIONS OF VO FOLK BUSY SERVING THE LORD ALL OVER THE PLANET AND DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS FOOLISHNESS ON THE INTERNET.....I HAVE TIME BECAUSE I AM DISABLED NOW FROM THE NEGLECT I GOT FROM MY COACHES IN HIGHSCHOOL.....BUT I HAVE A VERY STRONG LIFE, HAPPY LIFE, FULFILLED LIFE AND STILL GOING STRONG IN VICTORY OUTREACH, I HAVE BEEN BLESSED TO BE APART OF SUCH A HUMBLE,AWESOME MINISTRY WHO WALK THE SCRIPTURES NOT JUST PREACH THE SCRIPTURES, WELL I WILLING AND LOVINGLY AM OFF TO CHURCH....GOD BLESS YOU AND WE ARE PRAYING FOR YOU EVERYDAY.....PEACE:)


I apologize, I barley caught your name. So where ever I refer to you as a man I apologize.
ex VO Church Kid

United States

#70 Nov 7, 2012
Im a PK. Born & raised in VO for 25 years. As a child I was forced to go to church, and discouraged to make any friends outside of the GANG, I was also discouraged from having any type of innocent relationship w/ the opposite sex. My dad was burned by many ministers and then shunned by his peers after 32 years of service because he decided to resign. So Fuck all ya. Its a cult that brain washes and neglects its children. And has cliques of friendly but unwelcoming ppl. My dad is still a pastor in VO and it breaks my heart how the vision is preached more then the bible, and wen the bible is broken down, its used to fulfill self interest of the ministry. Cant believe i lived a lie for so long. Btw i went thru the UTC for 15 months and have gone to every international event my entire life. Im not some butt hurt mens home drop out. I am a casualty child of vo.
Johnny

Rowland Heights, CA

#71 Nov 14, 2012
ex VO Church Kid wrote:
Im a PK. Born & raised in VO for 25 years. As a child I was forced to go to church, and discouraged to make any friends outside of the GANG, I was also discouraged from having any type of innocent relationship w/ the opposite sex. My dad was burned by many ministers and then shunned by his peers after 32 years of service because he decided to resign. So Fuck all ya. Its a cult that brain washes and neglects its children. And has cliques of friendly but unwelcoming ppl. My dad is still a pastor in VO and it breaks my heart how the vision is preached more then the bible, and wen the bible is broken down, its used to fulfill self interest of the ministry. Cant believe i lived a lie for so long. Btw i went thru the UTC for 15 months and have gone to every international event my entire life. Im not some butt hurt mens home drop out. I am a casualty child of vo.
I believe you my brother, I stopped forcing my kids to attend the youth , utc, night service etc...it is Bg brain washing movement. Once I I'd did that blessings fell on us, it is not by works were no man can boast, v.o. Is straight out prideful. Everything is to out do the next person or ministry, news flash God uses other and anoints other ministries! I believe what you say I experienced the same as a minister, thankGod for his word and grace. God loves you wether you put in work or not, do not let anyone tell you different. That is a lie.
nice

Bakersfield, CA

#72 Nov 21, 2012
It's another way to drop out of a gang!
Dee

United States

#73 Nov 30, 2012
Mayra wrote:
Lynn wrote:
The only reason there is nobody on here defending Victory Outreach is because they are not allowed to read anything that is not on the approved reading list. LOL!!! Talk about control!!!
sad face wrote:
this argument has been used to validate some of the worst things done to humanity and thats in the name of God!. I am a Christian and am so sad to hear story after story of the hell victory puts people through with their manipulative ways and brainwashing sessions. I have recently had a close girlfriend commit suicide, because her father (a pastor of victory back east) didn't allow her to live out her personal relationship with God so he told her, she lost Gods covering over her life due to her disobedience. God has called us to one thing and one thing alone to run this race with Him. Not with someone else her father is a man and he will die one day....and where dose that leave her and her sisters and mother cover less?????? God dose not work that way He will never set you up to fail.
HER FATHER GOT SUM SERIOUS ISSUES! HE WILL HAVE 2 ANSWER 2 G-D ON JUDGEMENT DAY!! I dont no how he can live with himself! Im so sorry 4 ur loss! My mom committed suicide not 2 long ago ;(
Dee

United States

#74 Nov 30, 2012
If I eva realized my pastor added to or changed bible scripture, I will be the 1st 2 run! I would not want any part of it!!!!
henry

Compton, CA

#75 Dec 3, 2012
am a member victory outreach Compton . there was a time in my life when i was controlled by rock cocaine .back in 80s . i have clean ever since . i UNDERSTAND that JESUS CHRIST is my LORD. not victory outreach or any other church,you care to mention .The fact is we are a church that believe in salvation by grace alone. we also believe the bible is the spoken word of God thru the HOLY SPIRIT. Remember Jesus said if they hate you is because they hated me first.WE IN VICTORY OUTREACH have always been critize . Its nothing new .THE DEVIL NEVER COMES UP WITH NEW LIES lol lol finally may the GOD OF OUR SALVATION BE PRAISE FOR EVER AND EVER
wxposed

Ireland

#76 Dec 17, 2012
i was in vo Dublin for almost a year and we were out from 9 in the mornig until at least 1 fundraising and its a long day and specially when you dont have valid permits and gettin stopped by the guards regularly because you havent got the right pemit you have to question the motives,target was 250-Thursday 300-Friday and 350-Saturday for each person that went out and if u werent reaching target you were ungreatful..to God and the outreach, i mean i hve to question with the target money and rent money where is it al going to and your told not to question or 'focus' on the money that your clean..victory outreach are using drug addicts relentless attitude and rather than changing it they are usiing it to thier advantage with all the vunerable people coming into the programme,people cant c that it is themselves who are gettin clean and that without the home they can still stay aclean and sober minus the control freaks and money grabbers having broken peole go out and do thier dirty work. I would love to see the pastors out doind thier own dirty work with a clipboard, tvictory outrecah have to be exposed
pandarosa

United States

#77 Dec 19, 2012
I did confrount them brother Bobby leader Guy of the men's home in Portland or. I whent to bring my ex bf 5.00 because they stole all the money from his job. Well brother Bobby came out screaming and yelling sweat dripping down his face (high on crack) telling me I had to give him the money. I laughed. He got real mad right in my face I thought he'd hit me I hoped he would them I would have called the cops news everyone. My ex whent in to get off drugs for me but I knew it was a cult right away and would not join. My ex made me choose I chose not going. After a year of VO he's on drugs with a list of thefts. Good work vo. I feel sorry for the poor people needing help. You will astort for profit.
pandarosa

El Monte, CA

#78 Dec 19, 2012
Also there is no bitterness in me. I found out my ex is an a-hole even off drugs at the time I only wanted him clean. And now I am happily married and don't even see my ex though I still worry. I also seen what they do 12 men in the basement of a house beds in hallways everyone of them paying there hole checks for rent. Coffined shops making money collections making money donations making money. Yard debris. Scrapping food stamps wellfare checks. Pastor in jail for Sterling money none of it taxed. Starvation. Mind controlled compleat control over every waking hour of the day. Sounds like a cult to me.
nothangiseveryth angtome

Santa Maria, CA

#79 Jan 6, 2013
does this program really keep you from your familys?
Nathan mawhinney

Dublin, Ireland

#80 Jan 9, 2013
Victory is an organisation to help the vulnerable people to show gods love for them to show them there is a reason to live think to yourself why are you on this world for it has to be a bigger reason than to have a good time.and all the people who come out of the church have had their addictions broken and those people who say its a cult ask the person who told you it was a cult are they backsliding and stop having such attitudes toward us
THANKS VO

Waterford, Ireland

#81 Jan 29, 2013
i spent nearly 9months in vo dublin mens home a few years back i was a heroin and crack addict i hav since left but i thank god for the place that got me clean cos im still clean from drugs today and hav a good job and a family and stil read gods word. no where else worked for me but like the others on this i wouldnt start dissing those places coz they probably work for others jus not me and what im reading is seems to b from people who r bitter coz it didnt work for them. vo didnt knock on my door and beg me to go into their programme i rang them strung out wit no where else to go and they were there to help thank god. theres a lot worse going on in the world for those bitter people and victory outreach is around since 1967 im sure if they werent doing gods work it would hav been dispanded by now
luke

Reno, NV

#82 Jan 30, 2013
Mayra wrote:
I am a member of Victory Outreach, in fact I've been a member for 11yrs. I have had my up & downs in my own personal walk with God, but the truth of the matter was, I was struggling with in my self because I had no real relationship with Jesus. But know I can say that I've spiritually mature in my walk with Christ, I know who I am in Christ. Instead of judging people just pray for them. We are not perfect, Jesus is perfect and with that I've learn to receive what the Spirit of God speaks to me. I don't fallow men I fallow Jesus Christ. "Do you know who you are in Christ?" Victory Outreach is not a cult, It's a God given ministry that helps anyone in need. Even those that don't like V.O. for personal reasons. Just remember Jesus Loves You & Victory Outreach does too.
Granted, weak willed people, unable to live life on life's terms, exist better in atmosphere's where they are told what to do, when to do it and how to do it. Ignoring the fact that we are supposed to do for ourselves, test the spirits, etc, the Potter's House, Victory Outreach and the Branch Dividian (remember Wacko?)take advantage of these ignorant souls. The term "cult" does not fit these groups as the word cult comes from the word "occult" which means "the hidden". No, these groups hide little in their methods of control and mental, emotional, financial rape of their "flock". The trouble is, the government protects religious groups until they stockpile guns and such (Victory Outreach may indeed do this but as of yet there's no proof). No, they are not cults. They are communists. Big difference.

By the way, you say you lack a personal "relationship" with "jesus". Then you say you know who are in "christ". Which is it? Jesus or Christ? And, instead you being in Christ, isn't Christ supposed to be in you? After all, if Christ is indeed "perfect", he/she has no need of you...it's the other way around. You're obviously a bit confused. The good news is that ignorance is only as permanent as you allow it to be.
luke

Reno, NV

#83 Jan 30, 2013
The question posted is, "Why do some people think that Victory Outreach is a cult?". Research the term and VO's practices and you'll see they are no cult. They are communists.
brian pollard

Dublin, Ireland

#84 Feb 3, 2013
I don't agree with what victory outreach do for addicts. I was in one of their 'recovery' houses a couple of years ago and I wasn't treated right at all. I was going through a terrible part of my life and very very vulnerable and all they wanted from me really was my money and for me to go out and collect money for them.Once I showed a little resistance to their ways they asked me to leave and just left me on the side if the road in the middle of no where with no money at all.. there was NO recovery whatsoever!!!!! I'm glad to say ive moved on in my life and and very happy now,no thanks to VO :)
Satan

Dublin, Ireland

#86 Feb 4, 2013
Lucifer here!!!(the fallen angel)
good job guys. keep up the good work. I'm very proud of you all.

SATAN.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lamont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 42 min Butterflypie 7,953
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 3 hr brewed 5,070
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 3 hr sloop 200,940
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 12 hr subscibe 15,995
Ashley Patlan Tue Insight 8
North Korea holds trial of American Matthew Miller Mon SirPrize 4
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Mon GOP bull 2,265
•••
•••
•••

Lamont Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Lamont People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Lamont News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lamont
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••