my wife hates my kids from my previou...
relate

Canada

#62 Apr 5, 2013
yes she threatens to leave and for her son she had coustidy for four years and decided to let him live with his dad because he wanted to be with his father
tbt

United States

#63 Apr 6, 2013
If a woman loves YOU, she would never threaten to leave. By threatening, it gives her the upper hand. When you love someone, you accept them and all they have. Have your daughters ever done anything to warrant this hostility? And speaking from a mothers point of view, I'd go through hell before I let my son go. A child usually wants to be with their mother. You may truly want to evaluate your relationship. Yes, it sucks to start over, but I'd rather be alone and miserable than with someone that wouldnt accept ALL of me. Good luck
jlc

United States

#64 Apr 9, 2013
when mommy is not on time wiith daddy and daddys not on time with mommy. The kids grow up off schedule.
yeah

Dallas, TX

#65 Apr 10, 2013
I myself am with a guy tht has kids I didn't know he had any intell like a year n a half tht I been with him it kinda bothered me whn I myself found out don't know why he didn't tell me whn we frist started seein each other he never even talked about them or nun I don't have any kids myself but anyway we been together 4 five years now and he barley started talkin about them and it really does bother me I know I might b in the wrong but I dnt wnt 2 hurt his feelings by tellin him....;)
Anonymous

Ashburn, VA

#66 May 31, 2013
I plan on holding a one man protest this month, so parenting can be permanently banned by law.
Eva P

Lovington, NM

#67 Jun 14, 2013
Speaking from experience- she most likely doesn't hate your children. She will in fact resent you and them because YOU do not make them act respectful towards her. And punish them when they do disrespect her. This will teach them that it is okay to disobey her and disrespect her. In turn they will not like her because you yourself do not show your wife respect. She needs you to stand by her and for her. Keep rules even when she is not there. Both you and your wife should be a team and stand together. Then there will be more harmony.
Eva

Lovington, NM

#68 Jun 14, 2013
Yes I agree counseling is needed. It might not be that she hates the kids. She probably just needs your support to teach your kids to respect her. Women usually don't hate kids and can just move in and love them as their own, but if they don't respect her and you don't make them- then that will change everything. And you have to be consistent with rearing them and not leaving it up to her. She is not their mother, so you have to step in and instill all the rules so she can be able to get along with them.
Jegan

UK

#69 Jul 8, 2013
Wow no difrence ignore your wife and enjoy your life without your wife. It will never go away until she lives with you.
Step Parent Authority

Dallas, TX

#70 Jul 26, 2013
Uh...no it is not a package deal! I married my spouse not the kids. There is no rule book that says since I married my spouse that I have to accept or bond with their children! But they will respect me and accept their place in my new family. If they don't...let the asses hit the pavement on the way out!
same here

Brownfield, TX

#71 Jul 26, 2013
Same here totally agree w u especially when u have to deal w the ex who in my case is such a freaking drama queen its not my fault her kids r disrespectful and weak she raised them tht way so dnt go expecting me to fix it now! And im soooo happy they have stayed away and i hope they continue to cuz i started off liking them but they ruined it w there big mouths
Tony

Mishawaka, IN

#72 Aug 11, 2013
Quit Multiplying wrote:
You need to quit having babies with different women or you'll end up not being able to live in peace. You have no one to blame but yourself. Surely, you had to know your second wife was not that nice. She has it made with a child from a previous marriage there in the house.
Don't ignore your first children but make sure they know how to behave. Not so much so that 2nd. woman is happy but for the kids' own good.
For goodness sakes, NO MORE KIDS! It doesn't prove anything except that there problems ahead.

Dude, you simply have no clue what you are talking about.

With my first wife, she was fine until she developed borderline personality disorder, which can happen as late as their late 20's.

So, one day fine, the next day hell. And before that she was normal all the time.

Then, my second wife, she was with me for 1 year as girlfriend and then married for about a year before she started changing to where she seemed to not get along with one of my children.

So, unless you want to live with the woman for a year or two, often you can not know what they will do.

Actually, sort of funny, but reminds me of some "theory" a friend of mine told me.

He said you can not see the true side of a woman unless you are with her for 2 YEARS.

Because some, will just put on a fašade for the first two years until you finally see who they really are.

So, no, you are not correct thinking you can just "look at them" and somehow know they will be different 2 years later.
Anonymous

Mishawaka, IN

#73 Aug 11, 2013
Step Parent Authority wrote:
Uh...no it is not a package deal! I married my spouse not the kids. There is no rule book that says since I married my spouse that I have to accept or bond with their children! But they will respect me and accept their place in my new family. If they don't...let the asses hit the pavement on the way out!

No, let your ass hit the pavement on the way out.
Abby ghosh

Scarborough, Canada

#74 Oct 17, 2013
YEAYEa wrote:
When you say hate.. what does that mean what does she do to make you think this.. Tell us then we can really help. Is it that they treat her good or bad and she retaliates or what is it
please help me. I'm an indian with Chinese wife. I have a son who is 14 yrs from previous marriage. she knew that I have a son since we started to date 5 years back. now she hates my son and talks terribly bad about him . she has a daughter too from previous marriage. she threatens to walk out of the relation all the time. my son only comes to see me on weekends. and he is nice to her. please help me to keep this relation by way of counseling or contacting me . my email is aghosh@sartrex.ca. thank you. regards to you.
Joker

Reklaw, TX

#81 Mar 16, 2015
John wrote:
<quoted text>
My kids are from my previous marriage and they are 16 and older and this is my second marriage. We've been married for 11 years and I'm nine years older than her but anytime I try to reach out to my kids she gets angry and asks why I didn't tell her and my response is that I shouldn't have to but she accuses me of being "sneaky"
Sounds to me like your wife must have a guilt contious herself buddy.. shes probably da one sneaking... js
Joe

Nicholasville, KY

#82 Mar 17, 2015
needing help wrote:
I've tried talking to her but when I do she gets mad and says I'm taking there side and I don't love her and that I'm looking for a way out to get back with my ex I have no relationship with my ex other than getting information about the kids like school health and how they are doing other than that that's it
She's insecure! She is also acting like a spoiled brat. I would guess she may also have plans on leaving. Sorry to say that... but she seems to be picking at you and coming up many excuses. In my line of work, I have seen many family's split up because one partner was hiding something (usually an affair). My advise: Ask her to go to family counseling or to your local pastor. If she refuses, ask her point blank if she is seeing someone else and/or wants a divorce. Let her know that your children come first. If she doesn't respect that, she may not be the one for you anyway. You're obviously a family man and love your children. Let her know that.

“The beard faded...”

Since: May 14

to 62 shades of gray

#83 Mar 17, 2015
yeah wrote:
I myself am with a guy tht has kids I didn't know he had any intell like a year n a half tht I been with him it kinda bothered me whn I myself found out don't know why he didn't tell me whn we frist started seein each other he never even talked about them or nun I don't have any kids myself but anyway we been together 4 five years now and he barley started talkin about them and it really does bother me I know I might b in the wrong but I dnt wnt 2 hurt his feelings by tellin him....;)
He was probably worried your grammar would rub off on them.
sad story

Chino, CA

#85 Apr 23, 2015
Same situation here. Afraid to leave cuz of my new baby. yes. I saw the red flags.. I guess I'm just that stupid.
Nickswish49

Burbank, CA

#86 Apr 29, 2015
She says the children remind her of the ex
living it

United States

#87 Apr 29, 2015
Do they listen to her I know in my case there very disrespectful and if I don't put up w it from my kids I'm not gonna put up w someone's else's kids thinking t world revolves around them. I'm sorry it didn't work out between there mom and dad but it shouldn't be taken out on me and my children. Personally I wouldn't care if they reminded me of there mother that wouldn't b a problem what t problem is t disrespect and t self-centered attitude. Maybe that's what's going on w ur wife just a thought
Chuck

Spokane, WA

#88 May 2, 2015
I have suffered through this drama for thirty years. After all this time my wife still goes into seclusion or plays the quiet but not upset attitude card. She used to leave town to her moms when they were little. Leaving me to fend for myself without a baby sitter. My boys are fully grown now and she still has attitude when I talk to them on the phone. I helped raise her son who turned out to be a deadbeat 30 year old loser still living with us, till he was recently forced to leave. I treated him like my own son and he's always referred to me as dad. Why could she do that for me? When I was young I'd just let her go, find a babysitter and cheat while she was gone. Trouble is we had more kids together over the years and I love them dearly, talk about being trapped. She's been a less than stellar wife over all these years as well. I can't say I hate her, but my love for her is certainly nowhere near what it was when we were dating. I read somewhere a long time ago that women have a difficult time accepting children from another woman. Whereas it's easier for a man to accept a woman's kids from another man. I wish I had taken that advise and run! It may be too late for me to get out because I'm stuck but, I'm certain I would have been much happier just staying single and dating. I'd be much better off financially too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lamesa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Landry v 25 min Loco 5
kbobs bartenders (Aug '16) 4 hr Openmind 9
Jessica Moreno Marmalejo 11 hr JustAnotherLamesa... 6
Aaron abram 13 hr Openmind 2
Swift Stop Fri Tha one and only 1
Monique garcia Thu Monique Garcia 9
Sadievillagrana Thu Wow 1

Lamesa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance