Lamesa Teen Arraigned In Cousin's Death

Full story: KCBD-TV Lubbock

A Lamesa teenager is one step closer to trial. Randall McKnight was arraigned in Dawson County Wednesday for the murder of his 28-year-old cousin Michael Lopez.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 49 of49
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Former Lamesan

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

I knew Randall in junior high. He was always stoned, or at least acted like it. What I'd like to know is Eric Payson's connection to the murder.
wondering
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Did anyone ever find out WHY Randell killed him? The whole story to me was odd!
truth

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

wondering wrote:
Did anyone ever find out WHY Randell killed him? The whole story to me was odd!
noone ever will all thats knwn is that day randall was on an ice binge w his cousin ronnie and randalls "girlfriend" then they seperated and supposedly randall pikd up michael cuz he wantd money cuz sonic got paid that day but after that only the killer and those who helped knw but it was total overkill multiple weapons and over 100 stab wounds i hope he rots along w the others
Rachel

Plainview, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

michael wrote:
you are right, he should ---, but his family comes from money so he can get away with it.
Uhh no. I am Randall's cousin. He doesn't come from money, so you can take that false accusation and shove it. His dad works hard to make ends meet, Randall didn't get that sentence because of money. He got that sentence from the court. They were both drunk and got into an argument. Idiot.
Rachel

Plainview, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

truth wrote:
<quoted text>noone ever will all thats knwn is that day randall was on an ice binge w his cousin ronnie and randalls "girlfriend" then they seperated and supposedly randall pikd up michael cuz he wantd money cuz sonic got paid that day but after that only the killer and those who helped knw but it was total overkill multiple weapons and over 100 stab wounds i hope he rots along w the others
First of all it was ONE weapon, a knife. And only 20 or so stab wounds. Get your facts straight if you want to run your mouth.
sick

Brownfield, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

I had to look up this aaron fuller and i did and i was like wtf y are ppl saying one night of fun went wrong he killed that lady and rapped her for money this is what i found >>>>>>> > Associated Press Writer

HUNTSVILLE, Texas - A twice-convicted burglar was executed in the Texas death chamber Thursday night after a series of joyfully praying and acknowledging guilt in the 1989 murder of a Lamesa woman.

Aaron Lee Fuller, 30, died at 6:20 p.m., six minutes after the lethal drugs began dripping into his arm.

Before the drugs were administered, Fuller smiled, laughed and prayed as he acknowledged his guilt in the murder of 68-year-old Loretta Stephens and expressed his love for the Lord.

"I have no bitterness toward the system," he said. "I want the victim's family to know I'm guilty of what I have been convicted. I pray they will forgive me, not for my sake but for the sake of the spirits.

"I have such a peace. Praise God, I'm going home," he said.

Then, after praying, he laughed joyously and said, "Thank you for saving for me." Then, he gasped twice and slipped into unconsciousness.

None of the victim's relatives were present at the execution.

Fuller was convicted of breaking into Ms. Stephens home, then beating and suffocating her as she slept.

He was the 34th convicted killer this year and second this week to receive lethal injection in Texas, extending a record year for executions in the state.

On Tuesday, Aua Lauti was put to death for the 1985 beating and strangling of his 9-year-old cousin in Houston.

Three more inmates are set to die later this month and at least three others have December execution dates.

The U.S. Supreme Court earlier this week rejected a final appeal for Fuller, an 11th-grade dropout who had worked as a diesel mechanic and was on parole when Ms. Stephens was killed.

"Most of the time I've sat in sadness and regret," Fuller told the Trinity (Texas) Standard in an interview last month. "God has blessed me with all of this time for a reason.

"I just wish I had made the right choices earlier."

Court records showed Fuller told police he decided to break into the woman's home March 18, 1989, when he saw her asleep in a recliner in her living room because he believed she had a great deal of money. According to documents, he beat the woman with his fist, suffocated her with a pillow and raped her.

After finding about $500 in cash in the woman's bedroom, he stuffed her body in the trunk of her 1982 Lincoln Continental, then drove off in the car, dumping the body along highway U.S. 87 north of Lamesa and about 50 miles south of Lubbock.

A Dawson County jury took only 30 minutes to convict him of capital murder.

At the time of the murder, Fuller had been on parole about six months after serving less than two years of a 15-year sentence for a 1986 burglary in Dawson County. It was his second burglary conviction.

Fuller told two versions of the murder, one from the stand at his trial and another that police videotaped after his arrest.

In court, Fuller said he and a companion, Juan Gomez, cut through a screen window and entered the woman's home. He testified that he struck her with his hands as she was sleeping, then with Gomez ransacked her home, finding about $500. After dumping the body, Fuller said he drove to Lubbock, left the car at the bus station there and then returned to Lamesa.

In a videotaped confession to police following his arrest, Fuller said he was alone when he killed the woman.

"I unfairly involved him (Gomez) after the deed had been done," Fuller said last month. "His only participation was to ride with me ... He never had anything to do with the death."

Prosecutors believed Gomez did not participate in the murder and he was not charged with the killing. Gomez said he caught a ride with Fuller and didn't become aware of the murder until Fuller stopped the car to dispose of Mrs. Stephens' body.
sick

Brownfield, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

I had to look up this aaron fuller cz they post he was a good guy and one night that went wrong h got.the deathpenalty well after i read i was like WTF What randell did was wrong and i knew suger he was a nice person but at least he got 20 yrs and yea the system sucks theres no justice but thats everywhere i know a family there brother that was a cop and got killed and he was a cop and all she got was 8 yrs so be happy he got more...anyways this is wjat i found on aaron fuller >>>>> Associated Press Writer
HUNTSVILLE, Texas - A twice-convicted burglar was executed in the Texas death chamber Thursday night after a series of joyfully praying and acknowledging guilt in the 1989 murder of a Lamesa woman.
Aaron Lee Fuller, 30, died at 6:20 p.m., six minutes after the lethal drugs began dripping into his arm.
Before the drugs were administered, Fuller smiled, laughed and prayed as he acknowledged his guilt in the murder of 68-year-old Loretta Stephens and expressed his love for the Lord.
"I have no bitterness toward the system," he said. "I want the victim's family to know I'm guilty of what I have been convicted. I pray they will forgive me, not for my sake but for the sake of the spirits.
Then, after praying, he laughed joyously and said, "Thank you for saving for me." Then, he gasped twice and slipped into unconsciousness.
Fuller was convicted of breaking into Ms. Stephens home, then beating and suffocating her as she slept.
He was the 34th convicted killer this year and second this week to receive lethal injection in Texas, extending a record year for executions in the state.
On Tuesday, Aua Lauti was put to death for the 1985 beating and strangling of his 9-year-old cousin in Houston.
Three more inmates are set to die later this month and at least three others have December execution dates.
The U.S. Supreme Court earlier this week rejected a final appeal for Fuller, an 11th-grade dropout who had worked as a diesel mechanic and was on parole when Ms. Stephens was killed.
"Most of the time I've sat in sadness and regret," Fuller told the Trinity (Texas) Standard in an interview last month. "God has blessed me with all of this time for a reason.
Court records showed Fuller told police he decided to break into the woman's home March 18, 1989, when he saw her asleep in a recliner in her living room because he believed she had a great deal of money. According to documents, he beat the woman with his fist, suffocated her with a pillow and raped her.
After finding about $500 in cash in the woman's bedroom, he stuffed her body in the trunk of her 1982 Lincoln Continental, then drove off in the car, dumping the body along highway U.S. 87 north of Lamesa and about 50 miles south of Lubbock.
At the time of the murder, Fuller had been on parole about six months after serving less than two years of a 15-year sentence for a 1986 burglary in Dawson County. It was his second burglary conviction.
Fuller told two versions of the murder, one from the stand at his trial and another that police videotaped after his arrest.
In court, Fuller said he and a companion, Juan Gomez, cut through a screen window and entered the woman's home. He testified that he struck her with his hands as she was sleeping, then with Gomez ransacked her home, finding about $500. After dumping the body, Fuller said he drove to Lubbock, left the car at the bus station there and then returned to Lamesa.
In a videotaped confession to police following his arrest, Fuller alone when he killed the woman.
sick

Brownfield, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Associated Press Writer

On Tuesday, Aua Lauti was put to death for the 1985 beating and strangling of his 9-year-oldq cousin in Houston.

In a videotaped confession to police following his arrest, Fuller said he was alone when he killed the woman.

"I unfairly involved him (Gomez) after the deed had been done," Fuller said last month. "His only participation was to ride with me ... He never had anything to do with the death."

Prosecutors believed Gomez did not participate in the murder and he was not charged with the killing. Gomez said he caught a ride with Fuller and didn't become aware of the murder until Fuller stopped the car to dispose of Mrs. Stephens' body.
Cisco

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday Apr 9

Randal McKnight was my ss teachers best friend

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 49 of49
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lamesa Discussions

Search the Lamesa Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 30 min Truth is might 20,379
lucinda reyes 1 hr eazy 1
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 7 hr Wild flowers 466
Johnny Sanchez 7 hr OMG 1
only slim not bbw 17 hr sol 4
Luis from Acevedo's 17 hr Belinda 7
fun 20 hr Richard 7
•••
•••
•••
Lamesa Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Lamesa Jobs