Lamesa Teen Arraigned In Cousin's Death

Full story: KCBD-TV Lubbock

A Lamesa teenager is one step closer to trial. Randall McKnight was arraigned in Dawson County Wednesday for the murder of his 28-year-old cousin Michael Lopez.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of49
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
GIG

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2006

Im from Lamesa and he did do it in a nasty way to his blood cousin he will rott in prison or die ..........
I bet you wanna know wrote:
I hope if he did it he should be executed.
luv4cuz

Plano, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2007

Judged:

Well he is obvisiously not gonna rot in prison. His 20yr. sentence is bull crap they give people with drug charges more time then that. I'm sure everybody from Lamesa as I was born there knows there is alot more crooked activity going on there then they filmed in the Walking Tall movie. Its a sad sad situation. I love and miss my cousin dearly and pray to God to get this feeling of negativity out of my heart. Its so hard when you know someone like Michael and the person he was verses the spoiled mean heartless brat Randall was.Why Michael? Why this sentence on Randall(it makes no sense)I'm sure plenty of others agree.
mlopez2005

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2007

This situation is something I never thought I would have go through with a my own cousin, not someone like Michael especially he was awesome loving person and for a cold hearted bastard to do the to his own cousin is beyond belief. I wish he had gotten a worse sentence but he will get what is coming to him and all the others that were involved he and all his friends God will make them pay for what they did. They will deserve all they get for hurting our family like this.
fighting_4_Miche al

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2007

Judged:

the basterd did along with other sons of bithches.That if we don't get them out here they will pay when they become someones bitch in prison.We are closer than ever to getting them all the judge,richard garcia and the crooked cops,and the Steven,Mcknight family they all will pay for what they all have done.They all have his blood on their hands.If they don't pay here they will when they meet thier maker.
justice was not done

Lubbock, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2007

i'm not surprised with what lamesa, judge and the DA did. how easy the steven's paid their grandson's murder,but he's doesn't have enough money to pay he's way when he's turn come to meet with the man of true justice. and the rest of lamesa police department and lawyers that have their kids involved they are bunch of sorry bastards. they is no forgiveness when someone has blood of another human being without justice.will see who will be the bitch in prison.
melall

Ephrata, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2007

I went t o school with micheal and he was a good person.I am married to a guy that his brother did the same thing but got the death and was executed.I think the same thing should have happen to him too,i think the Lopezs will deal with him in there own way!!!!!!!!!!"If and when he gets out..........
nascarjunky

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2007

that is bull shit....he killed that man..lamesa sucks.... and all the law officers sucks they do what they want and they just see how far they can push people. same with the DA office...
i know a man in prison for exposer to a girl when she walked in on him while he was in the shower and at court she said she didn't see anything and they still got his ass.. 10 YEARS..and you got a KILLER and all he gets is 20 years...BULLSHIT....
inthesystem

Glendale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2007

can't really understand how certain people can literly get away with this crime. one guy got 10 yrs. for mistaking idenity because the police said it was him and every one else knew it was someone else. when you are a certain race or you don't have the money justice can do a person any kind of way. their motto "here to protect and serve" i wonder who they are protecting and who they are serving? makes me wonder.
Mr-BIGG MOUTH

Sugar Land, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2007

Man this is all BULLSHIT.My cousin killed somebody here in Lamesa, and they gave his ass 52 years. Yeah, he deserved it, but what about Randall? Like we all say here, it all about your color and money. All I know is that he is gonna have to have that killer instinct in prison. Unless his grandpa already worked out a deal to where he wont be with the rest of the population in the unit. Then Jermey Luera gets 20 years for a DUI. Man he didn't kill anybody! Yeah they will say that he was always messing up, but so was Randall! My thoughts and prayers are with the Lopez familiy. May the real justice be served in or out of the prison he will be going to.
mcmurder

Sweetwater, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2007

i went to school with randall and i know that he was just a kid out for trouble! i never once saw him trying to better himself or stay out of trouble. people are telling me that they gave him a soft sentence because he was under the influence at the time.....even more reason to make him stay in prison for the rest of his life! even his family are crazy they dont give a shit either. my sentence for randall would be to die in prison and give the justice to the lopez family. this whole case is shit he did it and needs to pay for it just like any other person. aaron fuller was executed for killing a lady and this kid gets 20 yrs for killing his own blood.... what the hell is up with that!!!? 20 yrs for a DUI and 20 yrs for a murder thats not right! Please do the Lopezs right and give randall a real sentence for MURDER!!!
deal with the mcmurderers

Sweetwater, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2007

I have found that alot more children are doing the killings now what ever happened to the sense of fear parents would put in their children for acting like they were bigger than God well i'll tell you it went out the door when parents like the Mc Knights let their son get away with the small things in life and if we in lamesa are facing the same thing with the Paysons than I think we need to watch that child too because it will be only a matter of time before it happens again and then what it'll still be a mistake again and we as a community will be dealing with pain of loss again well i'll tell you I'd rather be loosing money on taxes for real cops and officials than on fake crap that is afraid dealing with reality and by the way I remember when a friendly guy like Aaron Fuller was full of life and was a real great guy and just wanted to help people and for one night of so called "fun"killed an elderly woman not even related to him and he got the death sentence for it and is now gone forever but now this troubled maker gets away with it what justice is that for the Lopez family and where is this justice!!!!!!!!
THANKS FOR NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!
dont worry about it

Lamesa, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2007

luv4cuz wrote:
Well he is obvisiously not gonna rot in prison. His 20yr. sentence is bull crap they give people with drug charges more time then that. I'm sure everybody from Lamesa as I was born there knows there is alot more crooked activity going on there then they filmed in the Walking Tall movie. Its a sad sad situation. I love and miss my cousin dearly and pray to God to get this feeling of negativity out of my heart. Its so hard when you know someone like Michael and the person he was verses the spoiled mean heartless brat Randall was.Why Michael? Why this sentence on Randall(it makes no sense)I'm sure plenty of others agree.
as everyone knows the mcknight family are friends of steve payson i personally heard steve payson telling a man that randall was the nicest kid in town he'd never do anything wrong god will punish him for what he has done it really doesnt make sense the sentence they got.it is true that drug dealers did get worse sentences.but id prefer drug dealers over murderers.20 years dont make any sense he should of got the maximum no matter what.youd think the theyd wanna see him put away,but in this crooked town the cops,judges,and lawyers arent exactly seeking justice,but them to will get theirs.
Debra

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2007

Hey I have another idea, go on a strike like they did for the drug dealers!!!!!!!! Bu tthis is for a great cause!
Butterfly

Lubbock, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2007

fighting_4_Micheal wrote:
the basterd did along with other sons of bithches.That if we don't get them out here they will pay when they become someones bitch in prison.We are closer than ever to getting them all the judge,richard garcia and the crooked cops,and the Steven,Mcknight family they all will pay for what they all have done.They all have his blood on their hands.If they don't pay here they will when they meet thier maker.
HOW DARE YOU. This really sounds like a threat to me. That would make you no better than the person who did this. And for you to say the cops are crooked and have Micheal's blood on their hands. Once again HOW DARE YOU. I know they worked hard on this case and were just as upset with the outcome as anyone else. You need to stop and look at who YOU elected for D.A. and Judge. They are the ones who decided what his punishment would be.
mlopez2005

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2007

That was no threat it was the truth, if they worked so hard on this case they would have gotten everyone that was involved not just the ones who give their selves up. And if they did their job Michael would have never gotten murdered because that sorry ass kid would have been in jail as soon as he threaten to beat up his teacher or when he broke his nieces arm and child protection services had to take that child away, if they weren't crooked they would have made sure that kid would have never hurt anyone else after the first time, he should have been in jail not given another chance to hurt another human being. If that damn DA did his job instead of covering up his own kid, Randall would be given the death penalty. If I lived there I would have left that shitty crooked place cops and judges and DA are all on the McKnights payroll. Like the other guy said they are gonna have to answer to GOD.
michael

Lubbock, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2007

you are right, he should ---, but his family comes from money so he can get away with it.
michael

Lubbock, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2007

i did not vote for them
Butterfly wrote:
<quoted text>
HOW DARE YOU. This really sounds like a threat to me. That would make you no better than the person who did this. And for you to say the cops are crooked and have Micheal's blood on their hands. Once again HOW DARE YOU. I know they worked hard on this case and were just as upset with the outcome as anyone else. You need to stop and look at who YOU elected for D.A. and Judge. They are the ones who decided what his punishment would be.
sal

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2007

Butterfly wrote:
<quoted text>
let me tell you mrs. butterfly I did not elect these good for selling themselves sons of bithces. how were they not going to give him a sentence like this when they new that if they didn't other of thier spoiled brats were going to get busted because Randell was starting to talk.They know their kids were involved but Randell was the only minor so don't talk shit to me when you don't even know.So how dare you!

“I say it like it is”

Since: Feb 07

Lamesa,Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2007

sal wrote:
Randell was starting to talk.They know their kids were involved but Randell was the only minor so don't talk shit to me when you don't even know.So how dare you!
It does not matter if Randell was a minor. he should have been tried as an adult! They should have locked-up everybody that was there. Hell even the mom was in on it. Now if it would have been anybody else, they would have got the death penilty! But O-NO Mr.Stevens got a high dollar Lawyer, and paid a couple of people off. Thats why Randall only got 20 and walks in 10. I'm mean come on Jermey Luera got a D.W.I. and gets 20 years, come on he did not kill anybody. This snott nose kid should be EXECUTED, along with his PARENTS. SO FUCK YOU AND ANYBODY ELSE WHO THINKS THAT RANDELL WAS A GOOD HUMANBEING.
Weary

Denton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2007

I think the whole situation is a big mess. We weren't there to see what really happened, so who are we to judge against Randal. I new Micheal and I knew Randal. Yes, Randal was a good kid. There are just some things that happen to the best of us. There are always two sides to each story and we don't know the other side. I know it is easier said than done but we need to lay off Randal just a bit, what he did was not right but like I said there are two sides each story and it's sad that this story had to end like it did. I do feel for Micheal and his family, I don't know what I would do if I lost my brother.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of49
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Lamesa Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lamesa People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••