N.J. Gay Couples Unite in Civil Unions

Gay couples across New Jersey began claiming the same legal rights as married couples early Thursday in ceremonies that formalized their relationships as civil unions. Full Story
Tee

United States

#1 Feb 22, 2007
Yay I am so happy for the two of them

“I'd b surfing if I wasn't here”

Since: Jan 07

Indianapolis

#2 Feb 22, 2007

“Emancipate yourself!”

Since: Feb 07

Laurel, MD

#3 Feb 27, 2007
On Valentine's Day my partner and I registered as a domestic partnership in the District of Columbia; I imagine these folks in New Jersey feel the same way we do, while it's great that we can claim the same legal rights as married couples,it would be even better if we could be considered a married couple. It's a step in the right direction though, I guess.
RANDI

United States

#4 May 9, 2007
can u have a civil union if one person is over 18 and one is under
thebiggb

Avenel, NJ

#5 May 10, 2007
WandaJ wrote:
On Valentine's Day my partner and I registered as a domestic partnership in the District of Columbia; I imagine these folks in New Jersey feel the same way we do, while it's great that we can claim the same legal rights as married couples,it would be even better if we could be considered a married couple. It's a step in the right direction though, I guess.
You are sick and don't even know it.

“Emancipate yourself!”

Laurel, MD

#6 May 12, 2007
thebiggb wrote:
<quoted text>You are sick and don't even know it.
<yawn>
Cindy Sproul

United States

#7 May 24, 2007
RainbowWeddingNetwork.com
presents
Same Love, Same Rights
A LGBT Wedding Expo and Rally!
August 12, 2007 12:00pm to 5:00pm
***Always FREE to Attend
Tenafly NJ
Clinton Inn Hotel
145 Dean Drive
TENAFLY, NJ 07670

“Emancipate yourself!”

Laurel, MD

#8 May 24, 2007
RANDI wrote:
can u have a civil union if one person is over 18 and one is under
No Randi, you can't. Both partners have to be over 18, unmarried, and living in the same residence; at least that's the way the law in DC is. I would google 'domestic partnership' and your state to find out for sure what the laws are.
WeScott

Okanogan, WA

#9 Jun 9, 2007
I never had a problem with civil unions, in fact I agreed. I was not pro calling it a marriage but agreed and would of voted for civil uniion and equal rights under partnerships until the Gay community started backing the smoking bans.

Human Rights are human rights. When the Gay communities started shouting to take my rights as a smoker away I no longer felt compelled to support them.

The Gay community should be careful what groups they sponsor especially now when they are attempting to go forth in there endeavors.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lambertville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sicklerville man, former Stockton police office... Aug 20 Crack Kills 1
Delaware River Tubing, 46 percent off sale! Jul '14 Funzie 1
Stockton Inn Jul '14 Hungry hound 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in New Jersey... (Oct '10) Jul '14 Francis Sheer 24
Pa. couple wed in N.J. during gay pride parade ... May '14 Tamara 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Lambertville, NJ (Jul '10) May '14 Melissa Lehnhardt 11
NO MONEY DOWN? THINK AGAIN -- The era of easy c... (Oct '08) Mar '14 Fina 3
•••

Lambertville News Video

•••
•••

Lambertville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Lambertville People Search