Was man-made global warming just a snow job?

Feb 1, 2011 Full story: New Jersey Online 8

Snowboarders at the top of Belle Mountain. Back in the winter of 2007, I wrote a column on the demise of Belle Mountain , a public ski area just a few miles up the road from Trenton .

Full Story

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

#1 Feb 1, 2011
"I've been talking with Easterbrook for years about the complicated topic of global warming, but only recently has his specialty come into the news. It seems that a lot of climatologists are using the PDO to explain why we're getting all this snow in the midst of what was supposed to be a warming period."

"The colder it gets, the more it seems like it drives them into a frenzy," he said of his fellow scientists.

The scientists' explanations for all that snow are complicated, but Easterbrook's prediction is simple:

"Get used to it. It's gonna keep coming."
-
Well that isn't good news for anyone.
Fun Facts

Cedar Crest, NM

#2 Feb 1, 2011
If you liked the weather of the 50s and 60s your in luck.

The PDO has shifted, solar activity has declined and to add to the mix the NAO is in a negative phase.

Welcome to the new normal.

#3 Feb 1, 2011
Fun Facts wrote:
If you liked the weather of the 50s and 60s you're in luck.
The PDO has shifted, solar activity has declined and to add to the mix the NAO is in a negative phase.
Welcome to the new normal.
Weather in the 40s was even worse than the 50s and 60s and if that's what's on its way, I might be considering a move even further south.
The Azores look enticing all year round.

#4 Feb 1, 2011
Was man-made global warming just a snow job?
More like a snow blower job.
In LA

Northridge, CA

#5 Feb 1, 2011
It always amuses me that some people look at blizzards as evidence of climate cooling. It's quite the opposite. You only get blizzards at warmer winter temperatures (near the freezing mark)because the air has to be warm enough to carry that much moisture. Warmer than that and you get rain. You don't get many blizzards at O degrees fahrenheit because air that cold does not hold moisture well. Blizzards are not evidence against global warming.
Bubba

Garland, TX

#6 May 20, 2011
Yeah, let's just ignore science and go with the GOP opinion that it's BS. That will take care of everything. So much for getting a college degree.
litesong

Arlington, WA

#7 May 20, 2011
In LA wrote:
It always amuses me that some people look at blizzards as evidence of climate cooling. It's quite the opposite. You only get blizzards at warmer winter temperatures (near the freezing mark)because the air has to be warm enough to carry that much moisture. Warmer than that and you get rain. You don't get many blizzards at O degrees fahrenheit because air that cold does not hold moisture well. Blizzards are not evidence against global warming.
Of course, you are right. That is why large areas of the Polar regions are considered desert (less than 10 inches precipitation per year). Often the seeming 'blizzard' weather we see at the Poles is already deposited snow blowing to other areas.

#8 May 21, 2011
In LA wrote:
You're right, that must be why it snows a lot on the equator almost every day?
Was the February snow 'storm' in LA blamed on glowbull warming?
ֿ

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lambertville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Work by Robert Beck On View in Lambertville Oct 23 Lynell 1
Sicklerville man, former Stockton police office... Aug '14 Crack Kills 1
Delaware River Tubing, 46 percent off sale! Jul '14 Funzie 1
Stockton Inn Jul '14 Hungry hound 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in New Jersey... (Oct '10) Jul '14 Francis Sheer 24
Pa. couple wed in N.J. during gay pride parade ... (May '14) May '14 Tamara 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Lambertville, NJ (Jul '10) May '14 Melissa Lehnhardt 11

Lambertville News Video

Lambertville Dating
Find my Match

Lambertville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lambertville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lambertville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News