Discussion without Intrusions

Posted in the Lamar Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Since: Jun 09

Erick, OK

#1 Sep 15, 2012
Seems very important that a forum should be available to Christians who want to discuss the Word of God with other Christians. So far the idea has not been successful because of nonbelieving posters who want to cause trouble or are lonely and wanting attention.
Therefore, to promote this forum tell only your Christian friends about it and invite them here.

“Proud To Be A Christian”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#2 Sep 15, 2012
Workitout wrote:
Seems very important that a forum should be available to Christians who want to discuss the Word of God with other Christians. So far the idea has not been successful because of nonbelieving posters who want to cause trouble or are lonely and wanting attention.
Therefore, to promote this forum tell only your Christian friends about it and invite them here.
I'm here/

Since: Jun 09

Erick, OK

#3 Sep 15, 2012
Now what ? LOL

Glad you are here. I have contacted a couple of others as well. Asked them if interested but didn't tell them where we are yet.

You said there were some subjects you would like to discuss if I remember correctly. Shall we get started ? If not I can offer a subject.

Since: Jun 09

Erick, OK

#4 Sep 15, 2012
I will begin by giving a testimonial. God saved my life. Probably more than once but I will tell about the time about 14 years ago when my doctor had my entire body XRayed. There were five tumors discovered; 1) on the brain at the spinal chord and unoperable. 2) in the humorus bone left arm about the size of a golf ball 3) in the skull above the left ear 4 and 5) were tumors in ribs. My doctor sent me home to get my affairs in order and die. The famous old "why me" talk.

I wasn't ready. I called on Jesus to lend me a hand. I went to him in prayer in praise and thanksgiving. I ended the prayer knowing he would heal me. I was more careful about lifting bales of hay and other heavy stuff but kept on doing what I usually did. One year later the VA XRayed me again. They compared the old XRays to the new. There was no sign of any tumors.
Normally, when I tell about this the reaction is that I am crazy. So, I stopped telling it. But it is better to be crazy than dead.

“Call sign: Apache One Six”

Since: Mar 11

US 62 @ US 81

#5 Sep 15, 2012
>>Workitout
I believe you. I was associate pastor of a church in KY. One Saturday night our youth had a skating party. One young lady 12 years old fell and broke her arm. Confirmed with Xrays. Drs wrapped the arm and put it in sling. They couldn't put on a cast until the swelling went down. Sunday in church she grabbed her arm and said, "My arm feels funny." Monday parents took her back to the Dr. more Xrays. No break, no bruising, no pain. Drs left the arm wrapped just to be on the safe side.

I have more but will stop for now.

Since: Jun 09

Erick, OK

#6 Sep 15, 2012
Shall we discuss Prayer ?
Phillipians 4:6-7 Be anxious for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your request be made known to God. 7..And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
When it says "be anxious for nothing" do you say; Wellll, Paul hasn't heard my case. It's different now a couple thousand years later. You know, the family, spouses, finances, business, jobs, kids, etc..don't get your britches in a wad.

Since: Jun 09

Erick, OK

#7 Sep 15, 2012
Allen Richards wrote:
>>Workitout
I believe you. I was associate pastor of a church in KY. One Saturday night our youth had a skating party. One young lady 12 years old fell and broke her arm. Confirmed with Xrays. Drs wrapped the arm and put it in sling. They couldn't put on a cast until the swelling went down. Sunday in church she grabbed her arm and said, "My arm feels funny." Monday parents took her back to the Dr. more Xrays. No break, no bruising, no pain. Drs left the arm wrapped just to be on the safe side.
I have more but will stop for now.
Thanks for that Allen. I have done some associate pastor work myself. I have a lot of stories about this sort of thing as well. On the sad side, there was one fantastic young man who was a lab technician for the FBI. A brain tumor caused him to become blind. He loved the Lord dearly. He, another gentleman and I prayed for healing. He said he wanted to. Later I spoke to his mother and she said the day before the lad said he spoke to Jesus and said he was going to be with him. So ??? Later I found that his father died the same way. Folks prayed with him also and he died. His mother said he knew that and didn't expect to live.
Well, if you expect to die I don't have an answer for that one.

“Call sign: Apache One Six”

Since: Mar 11

US 62 @ US 81

#8 Sep 15, 2012
Workitout wrote:
Shall we discuss Prayer ?
Phillipians 4:6-7 Be anxious for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your request be made known to God. 7..And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
When it says "be anxious for nothing" do you say; Wellll, Paul hasn't heard my case. It's different now a couple thousand years later. You know, the family, spouses, finances, business, jobs, kids, etc..don't get your britches in a wad.
That is one of my areas of weakness as well. As the one person said to Jesus, "Lord I believe, help thou my unbelief."

“Proud To Be A Christian”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#9 Sep 15, 2012
Workitout wrote:
Now what ? LOL
Glad you are here. I have contacted a couple of others as well. Asked them if interested but didn't tell them where we are yet.
You said there were some subjects you would like to discuss if I remember correctly. Shall we get started ? If not I can offer a subject.
First, I really have the blow up argument's with my brother in law about predestination found in Romans 8:29-30. My brother in law seem to think that God allows people to be born to go to hell, and I tried to explain that I believe it means God really meant for us all to be with him in heaven, but some chose to live for them selves. What is everyone here's take on this subject.

“Proud To Be A Christian”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#10 Sep 15, 2012
Workitout wrote:
I will begin by giving a testimonial. God saved my life. Probably more than once but I will tell about the time about 14 years ago when my doctor had my entire body XRayed. There were five tumors discovered; 1) on the brain at the spinal chord and unoperable. 2) in the humorus bone left arm about the size of a golf ball 3) in the skull above the left ear 4 and 5) were tumors in ribs. My doctor sent me home to get my affairs in order and die. The famous old "why me" talk.
I wasn't ready. I called on Jesus to lend me a hand. I went to him in prayer in praise and thanksgiving. I ended the prayer knowing he would heal me. I was more careful about lifting bales of hay and other heavy stuff but kept on doing what I usually did. One year later the VA XRayed me again. They compared the old XRays to the new. There was no sign of any tumors.
Normally, when I tell about this the reaction is that I am crazy. So, I stopped telling it. But it is better to be crazy than dead.
Nope, your not crazy, I hear these testimonies quite often and it is very inspiring. I too was diagnosed with a brain tumor in 2006 while physically beating myself back into shape like military specs. to prepare for Trooper academy, and I began having dizzy spells, went to the doctor whom sent me for a contrast MRI, and BOOM! My life felt as if it exploded apart as the doctor told me I had a brain tumor. I researched my option and decided on Gammaknife radio surgery. The entire time I was in the surgery, I felt peace like no other time in my life. I was running like 14:00 mile and a half prior to surgery, and when I test for the Troopers 2 years after, I made the mile and a half in 12:28. I have been a Christian all my life, but that part of my life really reinforced my relationship with Christ Jesus. So your testimony is inspiring my friend.

“Proud To Be A Christian”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#11 Sep 15, 2012
Workitout wrote:
Shall we discuss Prayer ?
Phillipians 4:6-7 Be anxious for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your request be made known to God. 7..And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
When it says "be anxious for nothing" do you say; Wellll, Paul hasn't heard my case. It's different now a couple thousand years later. You know, the family, spouses, finances, business, jobs, kids, etc..don't get your britches in a wad.
Sure. This is an area I need to work on, I pray, but not enough with my family. Sometimes I question myself on this area too. I know I am the spiritual leader of my home, but man, I really have not only let God down, I have let my family down.

“Proud To Be A Christian”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#12 Sep 15, 2012
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
That is one of my areas of weakness as well. As the one person said to Jesus, "Lord I believe, help thou my unbelief."
Me too!

“Proud To Be A Christian”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#15 Sep 15, 2012
_Jesus_Freak_ wrote:
Hello my FRIENDS in Christ. Thank God for small favors!
Good to see you here.
I just don't understand them with the constant bashing.

“Proud To Be A Christian”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#16 Sep 15, 2012
_Jesus_Freak_ wrote:
BTW, I lived in MO. some time back and I may return.
I've only traveled through it one time on business.

“Proud To Be A Christian”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#18 Sep 15, 2012
Workitout wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for that Allen. I have done some associate pastor work myself. I have a lot of stories about this sort of thing as well. On the sad side, there was one fantastic young man who was a lab technician for the FBI. A brain tumor caused him to become blind. He loved the Lord dearly. He, another gentleman and I prayed for healing. He said he wanted to. Later I spoke to his mother and she said the day before the lad said he spoke to Jesus and said he was going to be with him. So ??? Later I found that his father died the same way. Folks prayed with him also and he died. His mother said he knew that and didn't expect to live.
Well, if you expect to die I don't have an answer for that one.
You ever wonder if God didn't put us here for one specific job, and that was it? I have pondered this thought often and when you said that about the lab technician it made me think about it again. Maybe this guy had a specific task in his career that God needed him to do that no other person in the world could do, and he completed the task and he went home to be with the Lord.

“Proud To Be A Christian”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#19 Sep 15, 2012
_Jesus_Freak_ wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a game my dear. Although I hold total disdain for the RCC hierarchy, Nettie isn't close to being Catholic or Baptist any more than her llama. Atheists and Agnostics put them to shame. I don't really care what anyone believes or preaches until they blasphemy and defy my Lord in the name of religion. Then I get defensive. The RCC is the doomed Babylon, and justly so.
I agree, because I have very close friends at work that are catholic, and they never treat me like that, there are some really good people (and I really think they are Christians) in the catholic church that don't see it but I love these guys I work with the same, and will literally die beside them but people like nettie are the one that turns us against them. What is the old saying...Nettie knows just enough to be foolish?

“Proud To Be A Christian”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#21 Sep 15, 2012
_Jesus_Freak_ wrote:
Curious if any of you were friends, acquaintances, brothers, or whatever or Ken aka Icy? I love and miss him. He was a long-time poster and endured horrid harassment and burn-out so I have not brought up his name. In the meantime, BLL has returned, lol.
I have not heard of that one in a long time.

Since: Jun 09

Cheyenne, OK

#23 Sep 16, 2012
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
That is one of my areas of weakness as well. As the one person said to Jesus, "Lord I believe, help thou my unbelief."
It's good to go to Matthew 6:25-34 and read them just to refresh our memory. While we are here in our earth-suit we have open communication with the Lord on a 24/7 basis. One thing that gives us a feeling of discomfort is sin. When we became Christians our sins were forgiven and we are promised an everlasting life. This is why the term "sinless" is used to describe a saint. Even though we are saved we still sin. We know that God hates sin and will have nothing to do with it. Asking forgiveness can clear our rightousness of it. I doubt that prayer is heard with sin in your heart. Back to Phillipians 4:6-7, if you take those directions seriously, item by item, surely your prayers will be heard.

Since: Jun 09

Cheyenne, OK

#24 Sep 16, 2012
CIMLAS2 wrote:
<quoted text>
First, I really have the blow up argument's with my brother in law about predestination found in Romans 8:29-30. My brother in law seem to think that God allows people to be born to go to hell, and I tried to explain that I believe it means God really meant for us all to be with him in heaven, but some chose to live for them selves. What is everyone here's take on this subject.
So, it sounds to me like you both are right. You just say it differently. We are all born into sin. What happens after birth depends on what God foreknew (observed). God does allow all of us to go to hell.
We cannot earn and we do not deserve a place in heaven.
In v 29 the words "also did predestinate" in Greek means foreordained.
Does your BIL object to God letting us be born then going to hell?

Since: Jun 09

Cheyenne, OK

#25 Sep 16, 2012
That last post didn't come out just right. I worded it to sound like a sinner could not be saved based on his past. No so. God knows by observation if a person has faith in Him .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lamar Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Charles Feldmann (Sep '08) Apr 5 pauly 42
please beat the crap out of malden Jan '15 great one 2
thief on tenth street Dec '14 great one 5
Review: Trio's Pizza (Sep '14) Sep '14 stlcf1986 1
Double Deuce (Sep '14) Sep '14 Willis Brickey 1
Coblentz Bulk Foods (Apr '11) Aug '14 Emily 4
News Two drivers hurt in traffic accident in Vernon ... (Jul '14) Jul '14 becky mccollum 1
More from around the web

Lamar People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]