Woman charged with murder in infanta s death

Apr 10, 2009 Full story: Joplin Globe 15

A Fairview, Mo., woman has been charged with first-degree murder in connection with the death of her infant son last month.

Full Story
Amber

Bossier City, LA

#1 Apr 11, 2009
I have known Amy for many years and I know that she didn't do this. She loved her kids with all her heart and there where a couple of other people there at her house at the time this happened and her husband told all of us that Amy took a sleeping pill before she went to bed and that he checked on baby Zane at 3 am and he was fine. Jamie Inman and Chris's dad were up all night pacing the floor and Amy's husband saw them. The newton county police aren't after the right person and that's a shame. There is a whole lot more to this and it is awful funny that Jamie and Chris's dad were awake but seem to know nothing. Amy woke up to finding her baby lifeless. She doesn't deserve to be treated the way she has by the newton county police department. They need to bring these people in for a lie detector test and then the truth can finally come out. The police department needs to look at the whole picture and not just one person. The people that have made statements to the department are trying to cover something up. I find it funny that they haven't told the whole story only part of it. Why is that?
Mo Mo

United States

#2 Apr 12, 2009
Amber wrote:
I have known Amy for many years and I know that she didn't do this. She loved her kids with all her heart and there where a couple of other people there at her house at the time this happened and her husband told all of us that
We need to keep her and her family in our prayers. We also need to pray the police solve this mystery correctly.
Amber

Bossier City, LA

#3 Apr 14, 2009
We do Thank You for ALL of your prayers. We appreciate all of your support.
The facts

Blue Springs, MO

#4 Apr 15, 2009
She needs to pay for what she did!! She knows she did it!! I only pray she stays in a cell for the rest of her life even though she deserves more!!
Know The Facts

United States

#5 Oct 12, 2009
Dear Facts,
You are fast to judge. There is no way Amy could have went that far and there is alot of unanswered questions. What about Chris the father that has left the country, no one not even his family knows where he is and he hasn't been to see Amy in months. It is strange he was the last one to see him alive. No one ask about Chris's mental health and about his temper, his jealous fits over the children and him thinking Zane was to blame for all of Amy's problems, not the fact that he couldn't control himself or use birth control.
hmmmm

Norwood, MO

#6 Oct 12, 2009
I didn't know birth control was a man's responsibility? I think that if Amy had any fear for Chris or fear for harm of her or her children, her family would have made sure he stayed away from her and the kids!
whatthef

Davenport, IA

#7 Oct 13, 2009
hmmmm wrote:
I didn't know birth control was a man's responsibility? I think that if Amy had any fear for Chris or fear for harm of her or her children, her family would have made sure he stayed away from her and the kids!
What century were you born in? Birth control should be a woman AND man's responsibility. He probably wouldn't use a condom and or let Amy use the pill. Her family probably tried repeatedly to get her away from him, but wasn't able to.

Women in abusive relationships are often left with very low self worth and no financial means of support. They are threatened if they ever try to leave with promises of a violent death.
hmmmm

Ozark, MO

#8 Oct 13, 2009
whatthef wrote:
<quoted text>
What century were you born in? Birth control should be a woman AND man's responsibility. He probably wouldn't use a condom and or let Amy use the pill. Her family probably tried repeatedly to get her away from him, but wasn't able to.
Women in abusive relationships are often left with very low self worth and no financial means of support. They are threatened if they ever try to leave with promises of a violent death.
If I didn't know the family I MIGHT agree with you!!! But I know both sides of the family and I don't feel any of the grandparents would let anything harm the kids! I am just like others and don't understand why or what happened! I personally don't think the investigation was handled the in the best way!
whatthef

Davenport, IA

#9 Oct 14, 2009
It seems other people commenting here know the family also. They were aware of Chris's temper. I'm sure Amy's family were aware as well, but short of going in and taking the child away for fear of his safety, their hands were tied. They had no legal right to do that, as much as they may have wanted. All they could do was try to convince Amy to get out, but as usual in these types of relationships, they stay. They stay because they've been convinced nobody else would ever want them and have most likely been told if they ever leave they'll kill them.

You said the grandparents wouldn't let anything harm the kids, yet.....look what happened. They may not have know just how abusive the relationship was. NOBODY can protect a child in situations like this if the mother is too emotionally broken herself to ask for help.

There is no use trying to understand why someone would do something terrible like this. There is no reason or excuse in the world to kill an innocent child.
Ozarkian

Murphysboro, IL

#11 Oct 26, 2009
Let's hope that justice is served in this case although I must admit that USUALLY law enforcement is SLOW to charge the Mom. They must be reasonably sure that she is the culprit. Generally speaking, the mistake is made by almost automatically charging the man. By the way, I for one am sick and tired of this abused women crap. Obviously she had some motivation and benefit to stay with such an awful person(as some of you claim). After all, it is not that hard to find the door and there are shelters available. The 'perpetual victim syndrome' is starting to wear thin on society.
Missouri Native

Charleston, WV

#12 Nov 19, 2009
I don't understand this whole thing at all. I also don't understand why Amy was arrested because of statements given by Chris's family. Don't the cops know that heresay is inadmissible in court??? They also should look up Chris's mom's record--I went to school with her, and she was nothing but a crack whore who would lie about anything to get her way, and according to case.net , eventually caught a case a few years back over drugs, and I find it scary that the police would trust the word of some dope fiend just to try to solve a case. I also realize that poor baby suffocated, but isn't it possible that he pulled his blanket over his face or something? Isn't it possible that Amy's mother-in-law didn't like her and just wanted to get rid of her like she did Chris's dad? Maybe I'm wrong, but I think Amy is innocent, and I hope she's got a good attorney to prove it!
Themadhatter

United States

#13 Nov 19, 2009
By George, Someone Finally Got It! DING DING!!!
Themadhatter

Monett, MO

#14 Nov 2, 2010
http://fourstateshomepage.com/fulltext/...

This is unbelievable! They ruined this young lady's life, they took 1 1/2 years away from her, kept her in jail for over a year and then house arrest for another 6 months! She has had the rest of her children taken away from her and was never able to grieve the loss... of poor baby Zane. All this based on something a pathologist can just "change his mind" about? I would say there wasn't any hard evidence in the first place then if it was all based on something he could change later.

Ms. Tunnell is owed a great deal from Newton County I believe!
See More
Branson Girl

Squires, MO

#15 Apr 27, 2011
Themadhatter wrote:
http://fourstateshomepage.com/ fulltext/?nxd_id=155816
This is unbelievable! They ruined this young lady's life, they took 1 1/2 years away from her, kept her in jail for over a year and then house arrest for another 6 months! She has had the rest of her children taken away from her and was never able to grieve the loss... of poor baby Zane. All this based on something a pathologist can just "change his mind" about? I would say there wasn't any hard evidence in the first place then if it was all based on something he could change later.
Ms. Tunnell is owed a great deal from Newton County I believe!
See More
I agree more than you know. I know Amy personally, and for reasons I can't divulge, KNOW she is innocent. While she may not have been the perfect mother, she is no killer, and know Newton County screwed her hardcore. They lied about what was said in witness interviews, and I know the REAL reason they "changed their mind", and it had to do with a witness testimony that they KNEW would make them look ridiculous in court. The real credit needs to go to Amy's lawyer for fighting to find the truth. I personally know the witnesses. One was never spoken to and the other one wanted to clear Amy's name earlier, but knew the cops were crooked as hell, and didn't know who to contact until the lawyer contacted her, and the prosecutor was PISSED!!! This person is a very good friend of mine, and that is the only reason I know anything, cuz not one bit of truth has been released to the public. Newton county needs to bend over and kiss Amy's ass, and I hope she sues the hell out of them all!!!
Karma

Osceola, MO

#16 Oct 7, 2012
Branson Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree more than you know. I know Amy personally, and for reasons I can't divulge, KNOW she is innocent. While she may not have been the perfect mother, she is no killer, and know Newton County screwed her hardcore. They lied about what was said in witness interviews, and I know the REAL reason they "changed their mind", and it had to do with a witness testimony that they KNEW would make them look ridiculous in court. The real credit needs to go to Amy's lawyer for fighting to find the truth. I personally know the witnesses. One was never spoken to and the other one wanted to clear Amy's name earlier, but knew the cops were crooked as hell, and didn't know who to contact until the lawyer contacted her, and the prosecutor was PISSED!!! This person is a very good friend of mine, and that is the only reason I know anything, cuz not one bit of truth has been released to the public. Newton county needs to bend over and kiss Amy's ass, and I hope she sues the hell out of them all!!!
How do you know Amy so well? And also how do you know the witnesses? I know Amy and the witnesses VERY well myself and I know all their friends.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lamar Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
thief on tenth street Dec 13 ted 4
Charles Feldmann (Sep '08) Dec 10 pauly 40
please beat the crap out of malden Nov 20 Cville fan 1
Review: Trio's Pizza Sep '14 stlcf1986 1
Double Deuce Sep '14 Willis Brickey 1
Coblentz Bulk Foods (Apr '11) Aug '14 Emily 4
Two drivers hurt in traffic accident in Vernon ... Jul '14 becky mccollum 1

Lamar News Video

Lamar Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Lamar People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lamar News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lamar

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:36 am PST

ESPN 7:36AM
Sources: Goodell says no L.A. team in 2015
Bleacher Report 8:35 AM
Chiefs vs. Steelers: Live Score and Analysis for Kansas City
Bleacher Report 8:49 AM
Kansas City Chiefs vs. Pittsburgh Steelers: Live Pittsburgh Score and Analysis
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
New York Giants vs. St. Louis Rams: Live St. Louis Score and Analysis
NBC Sports10:55 AM
Chiefs pull off fake field goal, but wind up settling for field goal anyway