Bavarian Dancers to perform at Oktobe...

Bavarian Dancers to perform at Oktoberfest - Lamar Ledger

There are 8 comments on the Lamar Ledger story from Sep 28, 2010, titled Bavarian Dancers to perform at Oktoberfest - Lamar Ledger. In it, Lamar Ledger reports that:

The Prowers County Commission met Thursday, telling the Prowers County Lodging Tax Board that they would not approve $1,200 for the board to bring in Bavarian Dancers for Oktoberfest.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lamar Ledger.

AmanteNino

La Veta, CO

#1 Sep 28, 2010
And you wonder why nothing goes over well in Lamar. The elected officials sit on the fence.
Oktoberfest is much better in other cities who welcome events, Lamar just can't get with it! La Veta has a good Oktoberfest and La Veta is much smaller than Lamar, but then it's leadership!
Hmm

Denver, CO

#2 Sep 29, 2010
I am all for having a good event, but let's be real here, couldn't $1200 be spent on promoting something that a higher number of people would enjoy? How about a musical performer? La Junta gets people we have heard of in to perform, not Bavarian Dancers.

I don't always agree with the commissioners but they got this one right. As did the private donors who paid for the dancers.
just another guy

United States

#3 Sep 30, 2010
I fail to see how it is the responsibility of any govt entity to pay dancers to entertain a crowd. This looks like something the commercial club should do. That or private donations.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#4 Sep 30, 2010
If the 'bavarian dancers' perform at
a hotel or motel in lamar, would that
make a difference?
one of the stupid people

Grand Junction, CO

#5 Oct 1, 2010
Good call by the commisioners. The money is to be used for advertising of events that bring commerce to Prowers County. Not for painting the train or buying a golf cart for the enchanted forest. Bet you didn't know that the World Series got a chunk of this money and most of our county didn't even see the teams, they went to the Springs shopping one day with courtesy cars. Imagine that! Go get the finacials they are public record you would be amazed.
staron

Westcliffe, CO

#6 Oct 3, 2010
one of the stupid people...you really are stupid...just how much did the World Series get???...if you didn't see the teams you weren't at the games...and just where are the financials...
one of the stupid people

Grand Junction, CO

#7 Oct 3, 2010
Actually smart than you think. By the way I was at the games and very entertaining, baseball happens to be my favorite sport! You can get the financials at any of the meetings or go to the courthouse and request them.
gotya

Lamar, CO

#8 Oct 4, 2010
wrong...it was not a county project nor a city project...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lamar Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The new Holiday Inn (Oct '15) Oct '15 sad mama 1
News LPD arrests 2 suspects on counterfeiting charges (Jan '14) Sep '15 Clutchpak77 5
Dairy King Jiffy burger Recipe (Jan '07) Jul '15 andrea 28
News Rarest Of Colorado Tornadoes Have Happened 3 Ti... (May '15) May '15 Jingle Clown 1
Cherry stem;-) (Jan '15) Jan '15 Jay 1
get out of jail free (Sep '14) Sep '14 old smoke 1
News Herbert D. Reyher - Lamar Ledger (Nov '09) Jun '14 Theodore Wells 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lamar Mortgages