Lamar Police Reports - Lamar Ledger

Lamar Police Reports - Lamar Ledger

There are 14 comments on the Lamar Ledger story from Sep 21, 2010, titled Lamar Police Reports - Lamar Ledger. In it, Lamar Ledger reports that:

Information printed as received from the Lamar P olice Department. Sept. 17 1:29 p.m. Officer responded to the 600 blk.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lamar Ledger.

Liberal, KS

#1 Sep 22, 2010
Keeping busy---Good work-stay safe----

Westcliffe, CO

#2 Sep 22, 2010
Has anyone seen or read anything in the paper about the man that was found in his home who had been beaten & stabbed. Was transported to colo springs flight for life. Lama4r police told family had to be self inflicted even though neither weapon was found. NO INVESTIGATION going on this one. I believe his name is abitia
FaciestConservat ive

Fowler, CO

#3 Sep 22, 2010
Have not heard anything in the paper about this. Why dont you get a copy of the report and get back to us.

Westcliffe, CO

#4 Sep 22, 2010
That is my point I know something happened as I talked to family members who are upset as nothing is being done or made public. Was beaten severally & also stabbed & I have not seen one thing in the paper

Grand Junction, CO

#5 Sep 24, 2010
I live behind him! I found his mail in my yard the mornin after that happened. So i went to take it to him, an as i was waikin up to his house there was blood all over the sidewalk leadin up the stairs into his house,so i knocked an called out his name which is John Abitia, there was no answer so i entered an called his name again, I looked around he was no where. So i came home called the Hospital they said they didn't have him, So I called the police department to report the blood an they put me on hold, When someone did come back on the line it was Detective Rodriguze, he said he knew about it an that John was taken to a hospital out of town he didn't remember which one! He also stated that John had fallen an hurt himself badly an was due to ham being drunk! I saw Johns son Bert not to long ago an he said John was fighten for his life, an not doin to good. My opion is that i feel someone beat him pretty bad! Cause i know John, an he has been plenty drunk before an he has fallen alot an got hurt, but the injuries he has know are not from a fall! I don't understand why it wasn't in the paper, an why nothin is being done or said! Is it because he is a drunk an has had the police an ambulance called so many times that they don't wanna waist there time on him? He is a Humane an deserves the same treatment an respect that everyone else gets! Something needs to be done an said on this mans behalf!

Westcliffe, CO

#6 Sep 24, 2010
Thanks for info & sure makes me wonder why there has not been something in paper. Nothing in police reports either. Must be some reason it was not & if someone did do something quess that means they are free to do it again

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#7 Sep 24, 2010
FaciestConservat ive

Westcliffe, CO

#8 Oct 3, 2010

Have you gone to the police department and said something on his behalf? Seems if you are so convinced there is some type of government cover up you would do something other then sit around and blog about it.

"Cause i know John, an he has been plenty drunk before an he has fallen alot an got hurt, but the injuries he has know are not from a fall" So he drinks all the time and falls all the time but you assume this is different? Again, has anyone actally gone to the police department and asked about the matter? If you know something maybe you should go in and tell them. Oh wait, maybe the cops beat him up. I am suprised that hasn't been said yet.

In any case if the man is not doing so good as you said his son told you, I hope he gets better.

Grand Junction, CO

#9 Oct 4, 2010
I have gone to the police! An im not just sittin around BLOGGIN about it! As you put it, I have been talkin wit his family an they are doin somenthing about it. So don't judge me cause you don't know me!

Grand Junction, CO

#10 Oct 20, 2010
Spoke to John sister today. She said John was the same he slips in an out still not aware, he wont be comin home at all! They are in the paocess of cleanin his house out not sure what will be done with it. She said there was foul play invovled, he was dragged back into his house an slammed up against a wall a couple of times, there was blood on a wall along with flesh. It is being investagated but not sure whats being found out yet, so please say a prayer or two for John an his family!

Lamar, CO

#11 Oct 22, 2010
1:57 a.m. Officer contacted a subject in the 700 block of South 7th St as the subject was walking away from a vehicle. Subject was arrested for DUI and other charges.

How can they give a DUI to someone not driving?
FaciestConservat ive

Westcliffe, CO

#12 Oct 24, 2010
But I thought the cops were not doing anything with it?? Maybe it's because "I have gone to the police! An im not just sittin around BLOGGIN about it!

Lamar, CO

#13 Oct 27, 2010
What is a "FaciestConservative ", do you mean "Fascist".. And these are the people thinking they know whats going on..geeeshh

Haslett, MI

#14 Nov 11, 2011
internet tough guy's

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lamar Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The new Holiday Inn Oct 31 sad mama 1
News LPD arrests 2 suspects on counterfeiting charges (Jan '14) Sep '15 Clutchpak77 5
Dairy King Jiffy burger Recipe (Jan '07) Jul '15 andrea 28
News Rarest Of Colorado Tornadoes Have Happened 3 Ti... (May '15) May '15 Jingle Clown 1
Cherry stem;-) (Jan '15) Jan '15 Jay 1
get out of jail free (Sep '14) Sep '14 old smoke 1
News Herbert D. Reyher - Lamar Ledger (Nov '09) Jun '14 Theodore Wells 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lamar Mortgages