RR Rec Center Member

Elyria, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2011

Just came across this posting as I was looking up a rec center offering--have raised my family in RR, have taken advantage of many rec offerings and am presently a "family" member of the center along with my adult daughter who is temporarily living at home. Never imagined that this sort of prejudicial issuing of family memberships existed. I hope that by the time of this comment that the issue has been resolved.
DaWolf

Omaha, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

NonPerson wrote:
Well Chris, you certainly show where you stand. Funny how the rest of the people posting on this are from the surrounding area but you are out of state. Are you from this area and thus have an interest in the community, which may be why you would choose to write...Or do you go searching for "gay" things on the internet so you can voice throw in your two cents?
I am not "owed" anything because I am gay, I would just like the same benefits that others like myself that are paying taxes for this rec center get. Strange how you would see it as whining.
I agree, stop whining.
Tim

Rocky River, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Being gay is a choice, I am tolerant of that choice, but with that choice you also choose and should accept the consequences. Don't choose to be gay but then complain about what comes with that choice. Family has always been defined as a union between a husband and a wife being the foundation because that is what is needed to produce children. Family is not about just having feelings for each other, it's about being bonded by blood and being blessed by God. Gay and Lesbian couples will never be blood families or blessed by God, it's not about hate or tolerance it's about fact and truth. If y'all who choose to be Gay want that for yourselves than as a Christian who disagrees with it, I respect your decision but don't look for the approval of society or gov't to help justify your decisions or try to force people to accept or agree with your lifestyle choice.
newman

Rocky River, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

It looks like the rec had a change of heart/ or pocketbook. 2013 rec book states family 2 adult members of the same house. No reference of gender or relations. So now Real Everyday Families can join!
Jane

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Whatever if you are not married why would u get a married couple discount? Stop being so ridiculous

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 25 of25
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lakewood Discussions

Search the Lakewood Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
the music thread (Mar '12) 38 min Musikologist 14
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr Martin L King 17,753
Cuyahoga County Sin Tax 4 hr Joe Bialek 1
OH Who do you support for Secretary of State in Oh... (Oct '10) 5 hr Vote out every incumbent 169
boried woment 15 hr xxxl34mal 1
Daycare Worker Sentenced For Throwing Child (Dec '09) 16 hr You dont know nothing 59
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 19 hr ha ha 25,331
•••
•••
•••
•••

Lakewood Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Lakewood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance