Lakewood Issues Car Idling Ban

Lakewood Issues Car Idling Ban

There are 55 comments on the WJW Fox 8 Cleveland story from Aug 27, 2010, titled Lakewood Issues Car Idling Ban. In it, WJW Fox 8 Cleveland reports that:

Drivers are no longer allowed to leave their cars idling after a new law went into effect on Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJW Fox 8 Cleveland.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Pat

Lakewood, OH

#41 Aug 28, 2010
Ban the double parking at the schools
Chris

Tulsa, OK

#42 Aug 28, 2010
Next thing is they will ban foods like beans, cabbage, broccoli, etc. because they tend to cause people to have gas and we need to eliminate as much methane gas as possible from the environment.
Pat

Lakewood, OH

#43 Aug 28, 2010
Lakewood is going to have to triple the police force to keep up all with those that will not turn their cars off waiting at the schools for their children
Pat

Cleveland, OH

#44 Aug 28, 2010
Concerned Mom wrote:
I try to turn my car off when I can. However, I have an infant and sometimes I have to have my car idle for a few minutes to keep the air conditioner on. As soon as the windows are opened in the car, the hot air comes in and the car heats up quickly. I am not going to risk my child's safety just to turn my car off so it doesn't idle. When I am by myself I will certainly turn the car off and open the windows. Having not read the law, are there any exceptions? What about the elderly? I often see them drop each other off at a store to get prescriptions and what not and the driver often does not get out of the car. Turning the car off and opening the windows for them could also be very dangerous. I would like to read the law before I decide if I agree with it or not, but I hope the lawmakers took these things into consideration. Yes it is important to respect our environment, but we must take into consideration other people's situations.
Whether or not anyome agrees with it...it's the law now and watch out for a ticket
aj weishar

Columbus, OH

#45 Aug 28, 2010
10 or 15 seconds? Interesting fact, considering how long we sit at traffic lights. We have a lot of side streets that rely on sensors to trigger the light. I understand the intent, but we need to take this to a higher level. Let's look at intersections that pollute, Tiedeman and Brookpark is an excellent example.

You lost me on picking up the kids. Are they robbing a store, and you need a quick getaway. Most of the electronics work with the engine off. The engine and heat will not cool down in five minutes.
Bill

Elyria, OH

#46 Aug 28, 2010
next we will be limited on how many breathes we take each minute since we use oxygen or we might be arrested for excess farting since we emit methane gas
Scott

United States

#47 Aug 28, 2010
What about the winter. I need to warm my truck up for at least tenminutes. Way to take care of the real problems Lakewood.
Judy

Tulsa, OK

#48 Aug 28, 2010
We have elderly people being exploited-robbed of everything that they have and have worked for their whole lives and stupid Lakewood is worrying about how long cars idle. How I wish that I lived in a world where that was my biggest concern.
rmc63

United States

#49 Aug 29, 2010
Well now... isn't this special. Get a ticket for letting your car idle for more than five minutes? How about we ticket the Lakewood Police... they (like ALL police officers) leave their cruisers iding for HOURS on end. Got to keep that a/c running so our officers don't get sweaty when they climb back into their cars, now do we...
Pat

Cleveland, OH

#50 Aug 29, 2010
Judy wrote:
We have elderly people being exploited-robbed of everything that they have and have worked for their whole lives and stupid Lakewood is worrying about how long cars idle. How I wish that I lived in a world where that was my biggest concern.
Lakewood needs to worry more about getting the circulators back....many of us that live in the south end of Lakewood are stuck...the one that runs on Fridays does nothing for me...I would have to walk for 35 minutes to get to the nearest stop
Pat

Cleveland, OH

#51 Aug 29, 2010
rmc63 wrote:
Well now... isn't this special. Get a ticket for letting your car idle for more than five minutes? How about we ticket the Lakewood Police... they (like ALL police officers) leave their cruisers iding for HOURS on end. Got to keep that a/c running so our officers don't get sweaty when they climb back into their cars, now do we...
or so the chocolate don't melt off their donuts to fast...wouldn't want their coffee to cool down to quickly either
Cleveland-West_S ide

Mansfield, OH

#52 Aug 29, 2010
Bout time something like this was passed, they shoulda passed it before summer, can't tell you how many times I see people in running cars with their air conditioning while their companions are shopping.
Get yer fat lazy butts outta the car and walk around till yer buddy gets back!
joal

Cleveland, OH

#53 Aug 29, 2010
this is another way for the lakewood police and the city to nickel-dime their people....those lakewood police wont bother to time you - they will just call in 3 more cars,block a lane of traffic and add this new one to their quota - MORE WAYS TO DRIVE OUT RESIDENTS..... that city is in for more trouble as more residents leave with a bad taste
leroy jackson

Farmington, MI

#54 Aug 29, 2010
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Lakewood needs to worry more about getting the circulators back....many of us that live in the south end of Lakewood are stuck...the one that runs on Fridays does nothing for me...I would have to walk for 35 minutes to get to the nearest stop
Now Pat, you cannot have everything. You have the melt, and lakewood is one of the coolest places, be proud of what you have.
Pat

Cleveland, OH

#55 Aug 30, 2010
leroy jackson wrote:
<quoted text>Now Pat, you cannot have everything. You have the melt, and lakewood is one of the coolest places, be proud of what you have.
Well I prefer McDonald's over the Melt

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lakewood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Jul 17 observer 20,964
Michael Martinez Stinks Jul 9 Yet to 2
News Rattlesnake Island Revealed (Sep '08) Jul 6 Cock Hero 22
the music thread (Mar '12) Jul 4 Musikologist 22
Kelli Prather fraud Jul 3 swampdrainer 1
News Dream Team to take on Harlem Wizards in basketball (Nov '09) Jan '17 themoonvilletunnel 2
alisa hogan jackson (Jun '16) Jun '16 jamie 1

Lakewood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lakewood Mortgages