Charges against a prominent Lakewood ...

Charges against a prominent Lakewood couple are dropped

There are 1 comment on the The Plain Dealer story from Mar 18, 2011, titled Charges against a prominent Lakewood couple are dropped. In it, The Plain Dealer reports that:

Cuyahoga County prosecutors will not pursue charges against a prominent Lakewood businessman, or his wife, in connection with a hit-and-run accident that injured a Clevland police officer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Plain Dealer.

Over the edge

Akron, OH

#1 Mar 21, 2011
Well, well, well. Looks like Sgt. Anthony Gorsek stepped in it big this time. After claiming to have ID'd the driver and had clearly seen the license plate, looks like he was totally wrong. Then the CPD arrests his wife for "obstructing justice" for telling the truth. Now all charges are dropped 'cause there is undeniable proof it wasn't him.

(next time Tony's testifying in court) "Officer, have you ever mis- identified a suspect? Have you ever claimed to have read a license plate (as reported in your official police report) and then it turned out that the vehicle you swore did it didn't? Well how can expect the jury believe your testimony now?"

Tony, you're toast. Hang up the gun and badge and open a cop bar somewhere.

Be glad it wasn't me - arrest me wrongfully and you and the city have a false arrest law suit. Arrest my wife for telling the truth, and you (or whom ever decided to make that arrest) and I have a personal issue that will not end up good for either one of us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lakewood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why are blacks such cowards? (May '15) 20 min Jesus is a black man 7
News Man charged in triple shooting at Cleveland gas... 49 min FedUp 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Mary beth 20,662
News Investigations 19 mins ago 5:36 p.m.Exclusive v... 16 hr FedUp 1
News Former President Bill Clinton in Cleveland asks... 19 hr Go Blue Forever 4
Debate: Lester Holt Failed, Clinton Failed, Tru... Fri Go Blue Forever 3
News Man dies after being hit by car on Cleveland Av... Thu Mee 19

Lakewood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lakewood Mortgages