Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Welcomes 8...

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Welcomes 8-Millionth Visitor

There are 11 comments on the WJW Fox 8 Cleveland story from Aug 14, 2010, titled Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Welcomes 8-Millionth Visitor. In it, WJW Fox 8 Cleveland reports that:

CLEVELAND - The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame welcomed its 8 millionth visitor Saturday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJW Fox 8 Cleveland.

Your Mama

Espanola, NM

#1 Aug 14, 2010
Man", I was right behind them people!!!!!!

“HAPPY SPRING”

Since: Apr 10

BLOCKHEADS!

#2 Aug 14, 2010
WOW! That is great.
I attended the grand opening of the Rock Hall and what a extravganza THAT was. Oy. Lasted two days.
{Concert}
Cleveland-West_S ide

Erie, PA

#3 Aug 14, 2010
Never understood why the RRHOF doesn't hold a weekend long music festival at the Stadium every summer.
Six decades of acts from the 50s thru 10s sharing the same stage, no other festival does anything like that.
It could be in it's 15th year already but Cleveland won't take advantage of something no other city has.

“HAPPY SPRING”

BLOCKHEADS!

#4 Aug 14, 2010
Cleveland-West_Side wrote:
Never understood why the RRHOF doesn't hold a weekend long music festival at the Stadium every summer.
Six decades of acts from the 50s thru 10s sharing the same stage, no other festival does anything like that.
It could be in it's 15th year already but Cleveland won't take advantage of something no other city has.
They operate on a budget and unless there is a donation to fund a concert or advertisers, it probably won't happen.
Tim

Massillon, OH

#5 Aug 14, 2010
so learn how to operate a business and get advertisers and sponsors. Oh ya its cleveland though.
Bingo

Mentor, OH

#6 Aug 14, 2010
Cleveland-West_Side wrote:
I love your idea; I agree completely. With what they charge for admission, there is no way they couldn't do something like this, along with the sponsors and donations the other poster mentioned. Everyone always gripes about New York getting the events that should take place in Cleveland because of the Rock Hall. If the administrators stepped things up a bit, perhaps we would!

“HAPPY SPRING”

BLOCKHEADS!

#7 Aug 14, 2010
Bingo wrote:
<quoted text> I love your idea; I agree completely. With what they charge for admission, there is no way they couldn't do something like this, along with the sponsors and donations the other poster mentioned. Everyone always gripes about New York getting the events that should take place in Cleveland because of the Rock Hall. If the administrators stepped things up a bit, perhaps we would!
There could also be the problem some of the entertainers DON'T want to come because they will not make anything. That is why when they had the concert from the grand opening, not too many big names were there. It would almost have to be on a volunteer basis and nowadays, who is going to donate their time and talent....God forbid they should do something out of the goodness of their heart.....????? and do something nice for music's sake.
Today money talks and people have become so greedy.Also, while I'm at it, concert tickets are outrageous and no one is worth that kind of money since it was hard earned.
Bingo

Mentor, OH

#8 Aug 14, 2010
Ha! You're so right. Concert tickets are outrageous anymore. Most of the big acts play at Blossom, and it's too far away. The concerts at the Gund are terrible because the acoustics are so bad. Some of the older acts only play little gigs because they can't get enough people to buy tickets for the larger venues. I think effort, or lack of in this case, is my gripe. They could at least try.

On a side note, and completely off topic ... GO BROWNS!!=)
loser

Mentor, OH

#9 Aug 14, 2010
I was the 8 millionth and third visitor ad blame it on the parking machine at Burke Airport Lot which rejected my (unwrinkled) $5 bill five times before accepting it.
loser

Mentor, OH

#10 Aug 14, 2010
2nd time I visited and enjoyed it but can't imagine why there is no place where all the inductees are shown by class. Every other hall of fame has an area where it shows the busts and/or placques of all inductess and it is the place of honor of the museum.
WOWSA

United States

#11 Aug 14, 2010
Why not give them tickets to the induction ceremonies held at the actual location of the museum..Oh wait, thats all other musewums but this one..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lakewood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cleveland fans already on knees begging 1 hr MR STAUBACH 11
shut up Lebron James 2 hr xxxx 5
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr Madd 21,199
News Man rapes 78-year-old Cleveland woman with deme... Sep 23 USS LIBERTY 1
Do not buy Toshiba copiers!!! (Jan '09) Sep 18 Greensboro 31
News Dream Team to take on Harlem Wizards in basketball (Nov '09) Jan '17 themoonvilletunnel 2
alisa hogan jackson (Jun '16) Jun '16 jamie 1

Lakewood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lakewood Mortgages