Lakewood Declares Local Emergency After Storms

Full story: WJW Fox 8 Cleveland

Lakewood Mayor Ed Fitzgerald tells Fox 8 News the local emergency was declared as part of a series of steps needed to apply for Federal Emergency Management Agency Aid.
Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated May 16, 2010
Kim Schoel

Saint Augustine, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2010

Give us lots of money!
Peffer

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2010

Judged:

Kim Schoel wrote:
Give us lots of money!
no..... Give ME the money seein how I caused the storm to strike northern lakewood directly... My ionizer prototype was a success! I spent the last 10 yrs or so perfecting my device and it works!(That's twice cause the 1st attempt was back in march when it was 36 degrees out). Thursday, may 13th will be my 3rd test of the equipment again at northern lakewood. Im goin for winds above 80 mph this time around last friday it was only set @65 mph. Why this device built n fully functional? Becuse Lakewood girls are ignorant pos! They mistreated me cause I wore glasses now 16 yrs later ive got lakewoodites at my mercy! This is going to be a long summer for lakewood children and grownups alike. I fully intend to maim physically and emotionally all lakewoodites because I can. Lol/rotf
I may be crazy thinking but I must say I love my machine the stuff its doin to lakewood is better than expected...3rd test on may 13th after 5pm. Mayor Fitzgerald beware! U aint seen nothin yet. U will Thursday.(Read: July 4, 1969 storm)
WOWZA

Swan River, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2010

Oh boy..Gonna be lots of brooms out in Lakewod..Must be date night!
Peffer

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2010

Vry funny wowza. Btw, there was no warning sirens activated prior 2 the storm. July 4, 1969 no warning then either. Hmmm. Typical Lakewoodite incompetence. Then and now. Some things never change. I bet nobody was lol (except me) when that derecho blew in Friday night, may 7th (July 4, 1969 was also a Friday night). Fridays rock! My 19yo gf was safe with me may 7. More peculiar Lakewood similars between the 2 storms: July 4,'69: a friday evening, hit @ 7:57pm, 80 mph winds, many trees fell, disaster declared, no warning given, storm known as a derecho, damage in the millions, cleanup took several weeks.
May 7, 2010: also friday evening, hit exactly an hour later than '69 @857pm, 80mph winds, many trees lost, millions in damage, same areas affected, disaster declared, cleanup will last several weeks, no warning sirens sounded, storm officially known as a derecho (search: derecho in wiki). Payback's a female dog, ain't it? Lol Bet Lakewood girls weren't laughin when that storm cum in Lakewood. No matter, since u Lakewoodites finally got a taste of ur own medicine.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Lakewood Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lakewood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••