Candlelight Vigil to be Held for Woman Who Vanished in Lake Erie

Full story: WJW Fox 8 Cleveland

Friends of Emma Nahas, the woman who went missing while swimming in Lake Erie Thursday night, have organized a candlelight vigil to be held in her honor.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 26 of26
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Concerned

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2010

The owner of the boat is responsible for the safety of everyone on his boat. From TV reports, it sounds like everyone on the boat has conflicting stories of what actually happened. I hope the parents find the truth. I have a daughter around the same age, and I feel for them. I cannot imaging what they are going through.
Meg

North East, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2010

Garth Snow wrote:
Did Emma Nahas know how to swim? I read an earlier post about this drowning that mentioned that Emma Nahas did not know how to swim!! Was she a poor swimmer or a total non-swimmer? It appears as if Tracy Super (Emma Nahas' mother) might be right when she mentioned that another boater might have saved his or her own life by grabbing Emma when they both jumped into the lake. Emma might have not known how to swim or she might have been a poor swimmer and it would have been very easy for Emma to drown if this was the case. It is also possible that Emma might have thought that the person who jumped into the lake with her would help her if she needed help, but instead Emma might have disappeared under the water as soon as she jumped into the lake if she did not know how to swim or if she did not know how to swim very well. There are many unanswered questions in this drowning and these questions need to be answered to find out what really happened to Emma.
i know her relatives and from what i hear she was on the swim team, which is why she went in without a lifejacket. and i'm pretty sure she grew up with her mom. so i dont know what that girl was talking about....
Garth Snow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2010

Meg wrote:
<quoted text>
i know her relatives and from what i hear she was on the swim team, which is why she went in without a lifejacket. and i'm pretty sure she grew up with her mom. so i dont know what that girl was talking about....
i know that emma nahas knew how to swim. i worked at many of emma's volleyball matches as a scorer and stats person when she used to attend our lady of the elms high school in akron. emma was very athletic and i remember somebody on her volleyball team telling me that emma did know how to swim. i do not know why her cousin would say that emma did not know how to swim. emma was a fairly good swimmer and i am fairly certain that somebody might have drowned emma by using her body to save his or her own life in the lake that evening. i remember emma being a very caring young woman when she was in high school and it does not surprise me to know that she would sacrifice her own life to help somebody else when that somebody else probably used emma to save their own life.
Jack

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2010

Meg wrote:
<quoted text>
Meg - she spent most of her life with her FATHER in the Akron area. She didn't grow up with her mother. I know that she knew how to swim because she swam many times with my nieces in my brother's pool.
Cassie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2010

I do not know Emma, but my brother Aaron does. I am so sorry for her and her family. My family is praying for hers and hoping they get the answers they are searching for. I'm in the Military and have had my fair share of devistation. It never gets easier, but the support system has to stay together no matter what. I'm so sorry!
Talk2U

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2010

Prayers go out to the family, I hope Emma is found so the family & community can have some kind of closure. Again, I would like to send prayers to the family & for those that knew Emma personally .

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 26 of26
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lakewood Discussions

Search the Lakewood Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Martin L King 17,753
Cuyahoga County Sin Tax 3 hr Joe Bialek 1
OH Who do you support for Secretary of State in Oh... (Oct '10) 3 hr Vote out every incumbent 169
boried woment 14 hr xxxl34mal 1
Daycare Worker Sentenced For Throwing Child (Dec '09) 14 hr You dont know nothing 59
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 18 hr ha ha 25,331
Review: Amish Built Garages For Less Fri Bub 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Lakewood Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Lakewood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••