Parades and Ceremonies to Mark Memori...

Parades and Ceremonies to Mark Memorial Day in WNY

There are 15 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from May 23, 2008, titled Parades and Ceremonies to Mark Memorial Day in WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Memorial Day weekend is here and during the next three days western New Yorkers will take time out to remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

US Citizen

United States

#1 May 23, 2008
Thanks for the calender!
CHANGE NEEDED

Windham, ME

#2 May 23, 2008
THANK YOU VETS!
funnyguy

Lewiston, ME

#3 May 23, 2008
IF you go to a parade just watch how many people will stand at attention as the flag passes Just how many men remove thier hats ???? you are in for a surprise I attended a parade & the only other man that was standing was a man that needed a wheelchair He needed help standing & I helped him He told me of his service & I held up until I got home then the tears started Yes Im a war vet also but this great hero was far better than me I still admire him though he has passed on AMEN
Vet

Buffalo, NY

#4 May 24, 2008
funnyguy wrote:
IF you go to a parade just watch how many people will stand at attention as the flag passes Just how many men remove thier hats ???? you are in for a surprise I attended a parade & the only other man that was standing was a man that needed a wheelchair He needed help standing & I helped him He told me of his service & I held up until I got home then the tears started Yes Im a war vet also but this great hero was far better than me I still admire him though he has passed on AMEN
It is sad that our government and even our citizenry downplay the role of Vets in our great country. The Politicians and non-Vet Managers that make decisions on Vet policies don't have a clue and frankly don't care.

God Bless our Vets.
the mango USAF retired

Kuwait

#5 May 24, 2008
We can never thank our veterans enough for the sacifices they have made so that we can live in a nation free from tryanny. Take the time to thank a veteran for his or her service to the USA.
Maureen Kindel

Tonawanda, NY

#6 May 24, 2008
I am not getting any schedule for Memorial Weekend eg.,graveside Flags @ Forest Lawn. Is that Sunday or Monday.. Events listed above appear to be for Niagara County and a scattered few from Erie. Thank You
[email protected],com
xyz

Silver Creek, NY

#7 May 24, 2008
thanks to the vets but not the government.
cmmmets

Windham, ME

#8 May 24, 2008
does any know if they are having any kind of service at the Vietnam's Memorial at the Erie Basin Marina? When and what time? Thanks.
God Bless all our Vets.
WW2 Veterans Son

Buffalo, NY

#9 May 25, 2008
Ok I have a question for the mayor of Buffalo. Where is the parade to celebrate the Veterans of the United States? WHY IS THE CITY OF BUFFALO NOT HAVING A PARADE??? I guess the mayor of Buffalo doesn't care about the Veterans that protect our country. My father served in WW2 and I'm so proud of the work he and his fellow soiders did to protect the USA. thanks to all of the Veterans who served our country.
P.S. Marissa Bailey is a HOTT!!!
Michelle

Buffalo, NY

#10 May 25, 2008
funnyguy wrote:
Yes why don't men remove thier hats?? That has always gotten to me, even in rest. they can't even take them off, why??
Grandson

Lockport, NY

#11 May 26, 2008
Michelle wrote:
<quoted text> Yes why don't men remove thier hats?? That has always gotten to me, even in rest. they can't even take them off, why??
Thankyou to both my gradparents who served in both WWI and WWII. With Out you and many other vets I would not have the freedom to wear my hat when the flag passes by or in a restaurant whenever I damn well Please!!
Grandson

Lockport, NY

#12 May 26, 2008
I see the Talaban Police won't even let me use the Word D_ A_ M_ N

IT APPEARS THE FIGHT FOR OUR RIGHTS & FREEDOMS IS NEVER ENDING!!

Thankyou Vets and all future Vets too
reader

United States

#13 May 26, 2008
Governor Gibbons divorce in the mansion, news at eleven
funnyguy

Lewiston, ME

#14 May 26, 2008
Grandson wrote:
<quoted text>
Thankyou to both my gradparents who served in both WWI and WWII. With Out you and many other vets I would not have the freedom to wear my hat when the flag passes by or in a restaurant whenever I damn well Please!!
It seems to me you enjoy the freedom to wear youre hat but dont have the respect of the flag under what the vets fought forTO me you are a screwed up person with no respect for yourself because if you did you would respect the flag
Advocate

Lewiston, ME

#15 May 26, 2008
If you want to support our returning troops and honor those past and future,(their healthcare, compensation benefits, state and federal benefits you are all more than welcome to come to the Iraq War Veterans Organization sponsored Armed Services-Veteran United Advocacy Conference on July 11, 2008 at 1 pm at Brounshilde Post on 3354 DELAWARE AVENUE KENMORE, NY 14217.

Congressional, State and Federal Representatives will be there and many veteran organizations will be in attendance. For more info post something here, I'll get you more.

Today was a good day to remember our military, veterans and families. But shouldn't it be like that every day?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lakewood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News PILOT Programs Have Largely Increased Workforce 4 min SamTeresi 1
La Cocina Mexican Restaurant 13 min Your stupid 11
7-eleven main street jamestown 20 min Becky 1
summer M 23 min juan 11
Best Western Downtown Jamestown 25 min joan m 1
Emily blackwood 36 min hmm 23
Amy Pollino 1 hr We hate you in ran 1

Lakewood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance