Restaurants To Host Dining Out For Life

Restaurants To Host Dining Out For Life

There are 9 comments on the The Post-Journal, Jamestown New York story from Apr 26, 2011, titled Restaurants To Host Dining Out For Life. In it, The Post-Journal, Jamestown New York reports that:

Diners at a dozen restaurants across Chautauqua County today will be enjoying their meals and helping a worthy cause at the same time.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Post-Journal, Jamestown New York.

loser

United States

#1 Apr 26, 2011
I could think of raising money for something better then this. it's just sicking . they should be asshamed of themselves .
ABC

Youngstown, NY

#2 Apr 26, 2011
loser wrote:
I could think of raising money for something better then this. it's just sicking . they should be asshamed of themselves .
Please do explain? What is wrong with this organization and their fundraiser? Before you reply--educate yourself!
loser

United States

#3 Apr 26, 2011
ABC wrote:
<quoted text>Please do explain? What is wrong with this organization and their fundraiser? Before you reply--educate yourself!
the support of nastys with aids
ABC

Youngstown, NY

#4 Apr 26, 2011
loser wrote:
<quoted text>
the support of nastys with aids
You are totally ignorant! Karma you @$$! AIDS is not just a homosexual related disease. Straight men, women, and children of all races and religions are affected by this aweful illness. Before you bash this group, learn about them! http://www.aidscommunityservices.com/index.ph...
Nushawn Williams

Bolivar, NY

#5 Apr 26, 2011
Did someone say sumpin' about eating out??? I wanna help.
jennie

Bolivar, NY

#6 Apr 26, 2011
ABC wrote:
<quoted text> You are totally ignorant! Karma you @$$! AIDS is not just a homosexual related disease. Straight men, women, and children of all races and religions are affected by this aweful illness. Before you bash this group, learn about them! http://www.aidscommunityservices.com/index.ph...
calm your ass down!!! they didn't say anything about people of particular races or religions or sexual preferences. all they said was "nastys with aids". i think it is pretty common knowledge now that straight muslim women and gay jewish teenagers are all able to contract hiv. it is a terrible illness, but nowadays unless you get stuck with a dirty needle, raped, are born with it or have your partner cheat on you, your own actions make it fairly preventable. can't say that about certain forms of cancer or alzheimers.

that being said, i support any charity fundraiser that is for any disease. i just wish businesses would do more for for diseases that are currently unpreventable.
educate yourself

Lily Dale, NY

#7 Apr 27, 2011
Jennie you should also educate yourself because if you are in need of a transfusion a loved one will have to sign a waiver stating that the blood is not guaranteed safe and you could be infected with HIV, AIDS or a number of other diseases.
jennie

Bolivar, NY

#8 Apr 27, 2011
educate yourself wrote:
Jennie you should also educate yourself because if you are in need of a transfusion a loved one will have to sign a waiver stating that the blood is not guaranteed safe and you could be infected with HIV, AIDS or a number of other diseases.
i have educated myself. contracting hiv through transfusions this day in age is very rare. as of 2003, studies have shown that statistically there is between a 1 in 1.4 million and 1 in 1.8 million chance (per unit) of contracting hiv through blood transfusions. add in the fact that most people go through life without ever receiving transfusions, it falls in the category of rare ways to contract it. so does it happen? it could, however, more people on a yearly basis develop alzheimer's & cancer without partaking in behavior that is a known direct cause. i have no issue with fundraisers for hiv & aids....all i am saying is that i wish there was more done for cancer & alzheimer's. i know that there are groups like the american cancer association & the alzheimer's association, but it seems like whenever there is a fundraiser for a specific disease (as opposed to a benefit to collect money for an individual person), hiv & aids are always #1. i don't disagree with continuing aids & hiv research, but i would like to see more done for diseases with no known proven causes.

i know a few people who have hiv & i do hav sympathy for them, however, they all contracted it through risky behavior. i know even more people with different forms of cancer & out of them, only one has a cancer that can be attributed to by their lifestyle (smoking).

http://hivinsite.ucsf.edu/InSite...
Terri Shiavo

Fredonia, NY

#9 May 9, 2011
So, was the cure for AIDS discovered following this event? I am pretty sure the causes have been known for that last 20 or so years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lakewood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trisha Kaprolate Joe Karash. Lexi Stroebel 2 min Just Saying 4
Brandi Howard 5 min Just Saying 39
Will You? 6 min Just Saying 4
Girls at Gamestop in the mall 10 min Papa 14
Brittany Whitehill mistress 11 min Kim 3
Best trainer at the YMCA 11 min Witness 4
hottest girls 14 min Wow 9

Lakewood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance