Filmmaker to premier Tent City documentary

Jul 23, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Asbury Park Press

Tent City Homeless Camp Featured in Film: Jack Ballo has made a documentary about life in the Cedar Bridge homeless encampment and the dream that Steve Brigham has to make a new place that keeps the community together and helps nurture people toward independence.

Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Aug 13, 2013
Consider This

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

This is a remarkable documentary about a visionary endeavor to help otherwise homeless people to provide for their needs which are largely unfulfilled by Ocean County, NJ's harsh social services policies. The Destiny's Bridge concept of a relatively self-sustaining community for people with such low income that they might otherwise be homeless is an outgrowth of the experience at Lakewood, NJ's `Tent City'.
This is a `must see' for anyone who cares about people in need,justice, natural and inalienable human rights, or the soul of America.
DaStraw

Atlantic Highlands, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

This is becoming an all too common problem all across our country. We send so much aid abroad yet we allow our own, many with mental health issues, to roam our streets hungry and homeless.
Consider This

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

The premiere sold out, but there will be other showings in various theatres, and then at film festivals - after which time it will be available for purchase as a DVD.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2013

(NOTE: I made my previous post before I created a Topix account, and it mis-identified my location as "Philadelphia, PA". I am actually in Lakewood, NJ - a Tent City resident since March 1st.)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lakewood Discussions

Search the Lakewood Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Kumon of Howell Tue JKM 3
What lies beneath downtown Toms River?What lies... Jul 20 Captain Spalding 1
Review: Ilease Auto Group (Aug '13) Jul 18 mordechai 3
Howell implements energy aggregation program, m... Jul 15 NJRetiree 1
Moped crew Jul 14 Buda10 1
i need to know about rosanna frodelius (Oct '09) Jul 6 Mee 8
Review: Spring Oak Of Toms River Jul 5 Barry d 2
•••
•••