Off-duty Santa Ana officer fatally sh...

Off-duty Santa Ana officer fatally shoots person in Lakewood

There are 14 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Oct 31, 2011, titled Off-duty Santa Ana officer fatally shoots person in Lakewood. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

Officials at the Los Angeles County sheriff's headquarters bureau said the shooting occurred at 6:30 a.m. in the 20700 block of Studebaker Road but had no further information.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

Anonymous

United States

#1 Oct 31, 2011
We'll never know the TRUTH about what happened.

Another murder by a cop that will go unpunished.
Oldman

United States

#2 Oct 31, 2011
Anonymous wrote:
We'll never know the TRUTH about what happened.
Another murder by a cop that will go unpunished.
yup
old eyes

Apple Valley, CA

#3 Oct 31, 2011
6;30am....must have tried to take his donut's, and the body count go's up for the shefiff's office...and you will never know the truth...it's 2011...
Ananymous

Lakewood, CA

#4 Nov 1, 2011
Anonymous wrote:
We'll never know the TRUTH about what happened.
Another murder by a cop that will go unpunished.
This is so sad:(
Tired of Pre-Judging

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Nov 1, 2011
Anonymous wrote:
We'll never know the TRUTH about what happened.
Another murder by a cop that will go unpunished.
How do you know it wasn't a justifiable shooting? I don't see why people have to jump to quick decisions that the police are always unjustified in instances like these.

I would bet, that if you people were involved in the event and were protected from harm by those same police shooting someone that was going to harm them, they would not be so quick to judge.

And what of the officers that have lost their lives (and innocent bystanders) by not shooting when faced with such situations.

Don't JUDGE people without knowing all the facts. Isn't the officer entitled to the same justice "Innocent until provem guilty" as anyone else?
Oldman

United States

#6 Nov 1, 2011
Tired of Pre-Judging wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know it wasn't a justifiable shooting? I don't see why people have to jump to quick decisions that the police are always unjustified in instances like these.
I would bet, that if you people were involved in the event and were protected from harm by those same police shooting someone that was going to harm them, they would not be so quick to judge.
And what of the officers that have lost their lives (and innocent bystanders) by not shooting when faced with such situations.
Don't JUDGE people without knowing all the facts. Isn't the officer entitled to the same justice "Innocent until provem guilty" as anyone else?
most are treated as guilty till proven innocent , so why is this guy diferent? Because hes a cop? Shoot and ask questions later, unfortunatly thats the way thigs are now days...also why would this cop not wait for back up , why would he be putting hes life in danger against two thieves,wanting to be a hero pops to mind , all that was in danger was a car , not people , yeah he was probably running on adrenalin at the moment but things could have turned out very diferent if he just waited no one would be dead .
Anonymous

United States

#7 Nov 1, 2011
LAPD off duty pig did this a couple of years ago, too, over a minor fender bender. Even chased the guy at 100 mph wiht his 13 month old in the back seat of an UNSAFE vehicle.

No charges in that one either.

http://napavalleyregister.com/news/local/napa...
anonymous

Plymouth, MN

#8 Nov 1, 2011
I am a neighbor of the officer and he has my full support. I opened my front door at 5 am and saw these hoodlums in their white vehicle and they looked straight at me and I shut my door and thought no more of it. I thought it was the newspaper delivery guy. If you are up to no good as this pair was you suffer the consequences. When a police officer tells you to stop then you better stop. I feel for the victim but he made a stupid mistake and unfortunately it cost him his life.
Anonymous

United States

#9 Nov 1, 2011
LOL! Some moron judged my comment as "Nuts", when I posted the facts of the case.

That goes to show how most fools who still support cops are absolute morons.
anonymouse

Chesterfield, MO

#10 Nov 1, 2011
old eyes wrote:
6;30am....must have tried to take his donut's, and the body count go's up for the shefiff's office...and you will never know the truth...it's 2011...
That's ignorant !
concerned

Los Gatos, CA

#11 Nov 1, 2011
anonymouse wrote:
<quoted text>That's ignorant !
Once the robbers starting running away he should have left it alone he was not even on duty but of course you have to let your ego take over
concerned

Los Gatos, CA

#12 Nov 1, 2011
Anonymous wrote:
LOL! Some moron judged my comment as "Nuts", when I posted the facts of the case.

That goes to show how most fools who still support cops are absolute morons.
I agree with you 100%
Carl Lewis

Hayward, CA

#13 Nov 1, 2011
I heard it was a Mexican that was killed, no big deal.
Michelle

United States

#14 Nov 1, 2011
great job, probably solved prior crimes and prevented who knows how many... Once again tob, steal all you can when u r a pos, but please surrender instead of making the cops kill you when caught....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lakewood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Publisher gets 3 years' probation (Apr '08) 4 min Vance Frederick 33
News More than 1,000 backpacks, school supplies give... (Aug '10) 51 min heaven 15
Crime seems to be exploding in the normally saf... 1 hr Oracle64 1
News First ocean sample tests clean after Los Angele... 7 hr Raff Van Williams 4
Review: Financial Plus Investment (Jul '08) 8 hr Robert 3,027
News South El Monte mayor admits to 7-year bribery s... Fri concerned res 1
Why is there a helicopter circling over the lak... (Aug '11) Jul 9 ConcernedLakewoodMkm 9

Lakewood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lakewood Mortgages