Norwalk 1958 Plane Crash Memorial Plaque

Posted in the Lakewood Forum

Mark

Winchester, CA

#1 Oct 7, 2012
I was driving by Firestone and Pioneer yesterday by the site of the 1958 plane crash and noticed that the bronze memorial plaque was missing. Does anyone know what happened to it? It would be a real shame if someone ripped it off.
Mark Hylland

Norwalk, CA

#2 Oct 13, 2012
Yep, someone ripped it off.
Mark wrote:
I was driving by Firestone and Pioneer yesterday by the site of the 1958 plane crash and noticed that the bronze memorial plaque was missing. Does anyone know what happened to it? It would be a real shame if someone ripped it off.
Mark

Winchester, CA

#3 Oct 14, 2012
It is unbelievable that anyone would be that despicable and disrespectful. Their karma is destroyed and the souls of the victims written on that plaque will haunt them. Disgusting.
Mary

Lakewood, CA

#4 Oct 17, 2012
Fridays we had an extra 10 minutes added to our lunch. We frequently would walk over to lunch. It was a good place for a memorial. Something we saw and remarked about, "Where were you when?"

The creepiest death was the housewife at home who was sliced in two.

http://digitallibrary.usc.edu/search/controll...
John David Johnson

San Marcos, CA

#6 Jan 15, 2014
I was sitting outside fidgeting with my mother as she was cutting my hair at 5. I heard a voice say to me. "Look in the skies where man is so proud and today you shall see what little eyes should not see". I told my mom,"Those planes are gonna crash" and she told me to shut up and be still while she cut my hair.Those planes were far away from each other she explained. I said"NO MOMMA LISTEN TO ME GOD SAYS THEY GO BOOM!"She said as she continued that i would get slapped if I did not keep my head looking up. I watched as two planes on opposite sides of the sky came together and exploded. I said"I told you Mom! God said so.
you would not look up!" Nor did the pilots look! Everyone searched the skies in the wrong place that day and did not look where the child"s eyes were looking!. I was never asked by any media. But I saw those people in the sky fall up not down! 5 men and 1 woman crew on one and five women and one man in the other. one woman ground killed. Three fell alive from the sky. one died on the hospital bed two survived. The rest were TAKEN. The Explorer satellite was making everyone blind to each other and to me. Even the pilots!
jeff williams

Oakland, CA

#7 Jun 28, 2014
I was just close to four years old when this crash took place. We lived in Norwalk,(not to big in 1958) and as debris came down my mom goy my sister Jackie, age 5, myself, and my 1-1/2 year old sister into the hallway. I remember my mom found out later that a woman she knew had been decapitated. I had no idea until years and years later what that meant. If the memorial was ripped off, I hope that person or those who know someone involved, suffers through the Karma created, and Norwalk re-establishes a proper memorial for those who perished and their families. and one that would br secured.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lakewood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 5 hr Trojan 28,252
no more sunday blues jam at the imperial strip ... (Aug '09) 6 hr TedWya 6
Street Sweeping (Apr '10) 6 hr thecack 15
Lower gas prices means more people on the road ... 8 hr Ronald 1
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 16 hr davis 5,199
Thanksgiving Tanglewood and Centrailia EVACUATION 17 hr Paul 3
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Thu tcaud 19,486

Lakewood News Video

Lakewood Dating
Find my Match