Lakeview traffic stop nets 41 pounds of pot, 1 arrest

Sep 9, 2009 Full story: KTVL News10 7

An Oregon State Police traffic stop in the Lakeview area on Sunday afternoon led to the arrest of a Washington man following the discovery of about 41 pounds of marijuana in the man's vehicle.

Full Story
walker

Camarillo, CA

#1 Sep 11, 2009
This has got to be the biggest bust this far for Lakeview kops. According to the paper, the suspect was jailed while Eric Meents, whom was caught with ten lbs of weed and nineteen lbs of shrooms was not. Is this because Meents is a former NBA player, the former not?
Once again, an apparent case of selective prosecution by Lake County.
Joe

Blanchard, OK

#2 Dec 12, 2009
@ walker, I went to school with Scott Meents and was wondering what happen. I saw he got caught but never heard if he was charged. Any idea? When I first read the story I figured he would buy his way out of it (if that's possible).
walker

Palo Cedro, CA

#3 Dec 20, 2009
Yeah he was charged alright, two felony counts each DCS and PCS for the shrooms and pot, for a total of 4 felony's. He's could be look'in at some serious time in the hole 'bout eighty years if they go max sentence. Thats fu*ked up beyond reason me thinks!

Last I heard he was waiting/fighting extradition to Lake County from somewhere in Arizona? I haven't heard anything since about the end of October. As far as I know he was either successful in his motion for ex-parte or the thugs in Arizona disappeared him.

I think he was most likely set up, as this is not the first time. Lake County is probably the most corrupt county in Oregon for it's population base. For years terrorists from the IRA would find refuge there under the auspice of the Federal Government, now it's a haven for inside job people, protected by the same.

Hey Joe, hope your boy ain't affiliated with them, cause if so he's most likely been shut down, if you get my drift....
Joe

Blanchard, OK

#4 Dec 25, 2009
Yeah Walker eighty years would be a pretty dam harsh sentence. Although I really don't think he was set up. I followed his career for awhile and was noticing he was not doing to well. Great player in high school but not really cutting it as a pro. I had a feeling something like this was going to happen. Seems as though some people who set their sights on a single goal their whole life and end up not cutting the mustard then turn to some sort of illegal activity later on down the road. Having things handed to you on a silver platter your whole life tends to make one think they are beyond getting a real job like the rest of us.
Thanks for the update.
MAX WAISVISZ

Chicago, IL

#5 Mar 5, 2013
SCOTTY THE MAN MEENTS IS DOING WELL ... HAS A SON NOW PLAYING BBALL AND HE SERVED HIS TIME... CAN YOU BLAME A GUY TRING TO MAKE A BUCK THE EASY WAY..... RIGHT NOW IT WILL BE TOTALLY LEGAL IN WASHINGTON AND COLORADO BY YEAR END... SO HE WAS IN SEATTLE AND DECIDED TO CROSS THE STATE LINE IN OREGAN.
David

Kirkland, WA

#6 Jun 21, 2013
Max you got it wrong. He served his time for his DV assault charge but he did not serve a day for his drug bust. Last I knew Shrooms were still illegal in any state. How about blaming a guy for trying to make a buck the ILLEGAL way....risking 80 years in jail doesnt really sound easy. I heard he became an informant and ratted out the supplier. Got him a hall pass. But, as Walker says....prob just a matter of time before his supplier gets out...
Pcgum

Fairbury, IL

#7 Jun 13, 2014
You all are terrible. You guessed that this would happen? Because his game wasn't the same? Why dont we step back and think maybe he had personal stuff going on. With his wife and his family? No ones knows why he turned to the drug life but really it's none of your business. He may have played pro ball but he is just like you and I. People make mistakes and he paid for his. The man has to live with that decision the rest of his life. He has a young son and he doesn't need to be reading about you guys holding on to his dads past. Scott is a good guy. Maybe it took him a little while to accept the fact he can't live the high life anymore. But he is going great now and working his ass off to support himself and his boy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lakeview Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Gay Marriage - Albany, OR (Jan '12) Aug '14 julie 37
Marisa Nicole Birky (Apr '14) Jul '14 Mmmmhmm 2
Kmart will close Albany store in September, cut... Jun '14 cant say 1
Drug bust after driver makes Oregon State Polic... (Mar '11) Jun '14 thanks for the tip 6
New Linn arrests and mugshots (Mar '14) Mar '14 Recently Busted 1
I lived in lake veiw in 19 69 (Mar '14) Mar '14 who know 1
New Linn County Arrests and mugshot (Feb '14) Feb '14 Pffft 3

High Wind Watch for Lake County was issued at October 23 at 2:52PM PDT

Lakeview Dating
Find my Match

Lakeview Jobs

Lakeview People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lakeview News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lakeview

Personal Finance