On a dark night: Recreating events on...

On a dark night: Recreating events on the night of the crash

There are 15 comments on the Lake County Record-Bee story from Aug 6, 2009, titled On a dark night: Recreating events on the night of the crash. In it, Lake County Record-Bee reports that:

LAKE COUNTY A criminalist told the jury in the case against Bismarck Dinius Wednesday that the stern light of the sailboat was not on when the filament inside broke.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lake County Record-Bee.

Philip Murphy

Oakland, CA

#1 Aug 6, 2009
Uh Katy, you kind of breezed right over those qualifications of baxter, which were almost non-existant. You laed with a sentence about the stern light being off but near the end briefly mention that assertion was contradicted by an eyewitness, who based her testimony on what she saw and not what she guessed. No way in hell hopkins will convince the jury those lights weren't on, this case is DOA.
Greg

Windsor, CA

#2 Aug 6, 2009
Phil, you know which way the jury will go? Want to bet on that. Juiries are notorious fo going whatever way they want. And I don't think the Bee reporter's job is to sway the jury ... or anyone else. Leave Dinius' defense to EL.
From

Lakeport, CA

#4 Aug 6, 2009
the bar witness says and then home. You know it takes 1 drink an hour to be respectfully drink. This group seems to me like they got MADD backwords, their drinking staff seems to Mad Drunks Against Mad Mothers.

It seems this whole pursuit in the truth has everybody a drinker, not tee totallers. What is the guy doing in a bar by himself - what does one do in bars, drink alcohol. Make good conversation with drunks and near drunks. This is not the Cafe or a Church Social. This is the no admittance until your 21 sea of dark inequity.

Then one drives self home. On the lake at night. Nothing unusual here. No questions.

It is like the Pink Panther calling on all the usual suspects. And the defense has not started yet, and the Government does not hold as much sway than with an out of County Judge, who seems to be making a fair case in an appeal easier. But what do I know. Everyone has their bias and failure to grasp reality in a sorted trial.

That is the point of law, to fight an open verbal battle, and when the emotions gets the better of everyone, use the record for an appeal. A real trial lawyer versed in being a trial lawyer, is alwasy superior to the government, as the ego and bravado are hard to hide when being poked by someone you do not trust at least, and at maximum wonder the morals of the other side. The trial lawyer is no local and does not care if he burns the local bridges down, as he will not be back anytime soon.

He does not have to wory about political pressure, and having his clients be given rat poop in sqaulid out of court settlements for Crime or Profit.

As a near blind outsider to Lake Justice, having only seen a few in hand locks at a bail hearing, I have to say I was surprised at the local tallent. Government a little off pace in dress and spoken word - that is pretty normal. Pubic Defenders look more similar to the Governemnt because of familiarity. Judges on track, but rubber stamps. So where does this lead one too - another 3 weeks of testimony.

Well reported on all three major new sources, and not over yet.
Jayce

Windsor, CA

#5 Aug 6, 2009
Mr.Murphy would make a great reporter. He seems to think they should go into court having made up their minds as to the guilt or innocence of a person. They should be there to report on what's going on, that's it. The jury has the only vote that counts. Nice job Ms. Sweeny and keep up the good work.
Gina

Windsor, CA

#6 Aug 6, 2009
Yeah, thanks for the coverage Katy. Great to see a reporter that knows what they're doing for a change. Don't miss the last girl at all. Keep up the fine work.
Frank Terduci

Windsor, CA

#7 Aug 6, 2009
I went to three news racks the other day and couldn't find a paper. Finally had to go to the Bee office to get one. They've been selling out like crazy. Looks like Perdock-Dinius is good for business no matter how it turns out.
Mike Novak

Windsor, CA

#8 Aug 6, 2009
I think Phil believes the world revolves around him. I always look forward to his posts for a good laugh.
stan

Fort Dodge, IA

#9 Aug 6, 2009
my post have been deleated,soo the ball is rolling,the american people will prevail and the currupt media that keeps the truth from the people will go down,so will the currupt lcso one at a timein a professional mannor,for the people dont think of it as a terrisum but as a cleansing of the american way,we the people for the people. lcso will go down as the currupt people they r,yes people take things into your own hands thats our born right in this country and seems most of the poplation has forgottn that,startn with the news paper that promotes censor ship and upholds the currupt lcso. Dont traed on america
Tayla

Windsor, CA

#10 Aug 6, 2009
I couldn't find one at the newstand either and I also went to the Bee. Apparently they've been printing extra and are still selling out. That's what I was told anyway. I did that twice and then subscribed. I like the local news content.
Zach

Windsor, CA

#11 Aug 6, 2009
Phil is smurf on the other web site. Easy to tell.
Kory

Windsor, CA

#12 Aug 6, 2009
stan wrote:
my post have been deleated,soo the ball is rolling,the american people will prevail and the currupt media that keeps the truth from the people will go down,so will the currupt lcso one at a timein a professional mannor,for the people dont think of it as a terrisum but as a cleansing of the american way,we the people for the people. lcso will go down as the currupt people they r,yes people take things into your own hands thats our born right in this country and seems most of the poplation has forgottn that,startn with the news paper that promotes censor ship and upholds the currupt lcso. Dont traed on america
If they deleted your post it's probably because they couldn't understand it. Maybe buy a vowel there partner. Spelling is cool, too. Did you graduate from the third grade? I kind of doubt it.
Old sea lawyer

Portland, OR

#13 Aug 6, 2009
Did you get the word? Hopkins rested his case! Perdock is "not available". Hopkins and Mitchell should also make themselves not available. Have any of you that have spent time ic court rooms ever seen a weaker case.
Gypsy

Kelseyville, CA

#17 Aug 6, 2009
Skank:

You are repeating yourself again, stupid ... and it is no funnier this time around. I suppose it is difficult for you to come up with original retorts when you must type one-handed, yes?

I cannot help but notice that you have yet to repudiate any of the allegations leveled at you. Can't, can you? You are a sad, lonely, foul-mouthed, pederast - likely with heavy acne and bad teeth. Tired of being rejected by women, so you moved on to boys.

Get cornholed and swallow a gun barrel. You know it's going to happen sooner or later, why put it off any longer?

So far you have failed to show the stones to meet me in person, and you rarely show the male hormones to respond to me anonymously on the Web - and when you do, it is the same tired, homoerotic nonsense ad nauseum. What say you take a break from fondling the bottoms of underage boys and insult me to my face? You're a real tough guy when it comes to insulting women from behind your multiple screen names. Have you what it takes to stand man-to-man and do the same?

No threats. No violence. Just a psychological experiment, as it were.

I am straight and this would not be a date; I do not want any misunderstandings.

Man up, boy. Put your money where your "kok" is.
Joke

Kelseyville, CA

#19 Aug 6, 2009
All ya gotta do pal is take a good look in the mirror!
Old piece ocrap wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never seen a weaker ingrate than yourself.

Since: Jan 09

Portland, OR

#20 Aug 6, 2009
Old sea lawyer wrote:
Did you get the word? Hopkins rested his case! Perdock is "not available". Hopkins and Mitchell should also make themselves not available. Have any of you that have spent time ic court rooms ever seen a weaker case.
What? Really? Perdock not available? Imagine that!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lakeport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Konocti Computers Of Lake County, CA - ... (Mar '14) Jul 26 Rojan V 20
News Hunter safety class is July 30-31, Aug. 1 (Jul '09) Jul 21 vance golden 79
Is Clearlake really that "ghetto?" (Oct '07) Jul 19 mischeviousgirl 36
News Sex offender sweep conducted (May '10) Jul 19 mischeviousgirl 51
Debate: Marijuana - Clearlake, CA (Aug '10) Jul 17 sara 21
News In support of Sheriff Mitchell (Jul '10) Jul 15 Provocateur 131
This guy thinks he's God? (Oct '10) Jul 7 Peter 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lakeport Mortgages