12-year-old knows what it's like to b...

12-year-old knows what it's like to be Barry Bonds

There are 26 comments on the Lake County Record-Bee story from Jun 3, 2008, titled 12-year-old knows what it's like to be Barry Bonds. In it, Lake County Record-Bee reports that:

Nick Vargas is only 12 years old, but the seventh-grader at Mountain Vista Middle School in Kelseyville has been the bonafide recipient of Barry Bonds-like treatment at the plate during play in the Majors ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lake County Record-Bee.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
LAKEPORT COACH

Chicago, IL

#29 Jun 6, 2008
We have SHUT him down all year all 4 teams He got 2 hits total. Sounds like the Dad is really lost in this whole thing?
mystery kid

Sausalito, CA

#30 Jun 6, 2008
this is all wrong.he didn't get robbed or anything it is stupid.RAY VARGAS,LET IT GO
LOU POLONI

United States

#33 Jun 7, 2008
Wow its so nice to see my name in a comment. First of all NICK is a really good player and RAY is a great guy and a good friend. I really believe the pitching in majors is watered down and sure no one wants to give up a bomb. My only concern is the pressure this puts on a young boy and I think we put to much into these little league politics. I really hope NICK is hitting lots of home runs for us at the high school int a few years. Its a game, kids peak at different times, have fun and enjoy it because we all end up working for a living. LOVE THE GAME
DAVE FIGUERA

Chicago, IL

#34 Jun 23, 2008
Nick is a Awsome hitter/baseball player that i get to Coach in the All stars this Friday night! Wish these kids LUCK FRIDAY AS THEY HEAD TO LAKEPORT TO PLAY IN THE ALL STARS FOR K VILLE!!!! Lets just all remember THIS IS A GAME FOR THE KIDS!!!!!!!

~Figuera
Nik vargas

Clearlake Oaks, CA

#35 Mar 9, 2012
I have never seen this kid, but I'm guessing that he's another one of these "man-child" 12 year olds who dominate their undevloped peers. By the time he's 16 or 17 his peers will have caught up to him physically and he will be asking his dad what went wrong. This is very typical, the "early bloomers" usually end up as nothing in high school and beyond .... Ya I guess your right, 16 years old now and still doing great. Brought up to varsity some of freshman year and all of sophomore year. Started every game and still a big impact lol. But I guess your right. I'll be nothing in highschool. Thanks for giving me someone else to prove wrong. Lol nothing more pathetic than a grown man posting stuff about a kid 1/4 his age... Adda boy, that adds character.
Ozzie Guillen

Chicago, IL

#36 Mar 14, 2012
First of all, if there are no caps to fit the kids head and his huevos are all shriveled up....he knows what it's like to be Barry Bonds.

Folks, it's baseball. You don't have to like it but, intentional walks are part of the game. Hell, I once saw a 10 year old walked with the bases loaded. What can you really do about it? Pass a rule? Only one intentional walk per game?

A lot of these kids dream of making it to the Little League World Series. So ask yourself, if walking this kid got your team there, would you not walk him?? Sorry folks... I'm putting him on first.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lakeport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sheriff Mitchell, Supervisors consider legal' e... (Mar '08) Jun 22 Provocateur 90
News Sierra Club files suit against Cristallago deve... (Apr '10) Jun 21 Provocateur 25
News Lake County sheriff cuts off agencies' access t... (Apr '13) Jun 18 Provocateur 19
News Woman dies in driveway (Jul '11) Jun 11 Debbabb 4
News Views and News: Nationalization of retirement (Aug '10) Jun 3 Bern one for obammy 136
News Lots of pot found at Brown's (Jul '08) May 28 rob black 841
News Gang ties alleged in torture case (Jan '10) May '16 scurry 1,212
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lakeport Mortgages