It scares me!

There are 52 comments on the Lake County Record-Bee story from Aug 7, 2009, titled It scares me!. In it, Lake County Record-Bee reports that:

It scares me to think a "boating safety consultant" in the Bismarck Dinius case feels comfortable driving a boat 60 to 70 mph at night! He even stated that speed isn't very fast! That speed is over our Lake County roads speed limit! California boating regulations states "safe speed should be maintained at all times so that: a) action can be taken ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lake County Record-Bee.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Yellow Bird

Ryde, CA

#1 Aug 8, 2009
Just don't boat on the lake without appropriate lighting with someone under the influence at the helm and you should be fine!7483
Old sea lawyer

United States

#2 Aug 8, 2009
If Superman was on board he could have the siezed maniac and his weapon and flown with them to some honest police officers.

Since: Nov 08

San Francisco, CA

#3 Aug 8, 2009
Yellow Bird wrote:
Just don't boat on the lake without appropriate lighting with someone under the influence at the helm and you should be fine!7483
Whether or not the lights were on is a matter still in dispute while the simple logic of being responsible for whatever you run into is not.

Mr. Perdock was reckless and on that night it was a question more of "What will he hit?" than what he would not.
Once Upon A Time

Kelseyville, CA

#4 Aug 8, 2009
The guy that was Hopkin's Star Expert was an Idiot.
Dr. Chilcott said he had known Hopkin's "expert" for many years, but no way in hell would he ride in a boat with him, on a dark lake at that speed!. I wish everyone could have experienced Dr. Chilcott's Testimony, and how he out smarted Hopkins at every turn.
He was truly a Charming Older Gentleman, full of Piissszz and Vinegar. And was rather vocal towards Hopkins, each time he kept asking the same question over and over again. Every time Hopkins tried to corner him, he very gracefully slipped right past Hopkins and turned the Tables.
If you do the research on the Good Doctor, its AMAZING all the designs, from NASA to Drag Boat Racing he is responsible for.
He is an adorable gem of a person, and it was a once in a life time opportunity to talk with him.

And he would be more than willing to use Hopkins for one of his next "Test Dummies".
Duh

Milton, FL

#5 Aug 8, 2009
Once Upon A Time wrote:
The guy that was Hopkin's Star Expert was an Idiot.
Dr. Chilcott said he had known Hopkin's "expert" for many years, but no way in hell would he ride in a boat with him, on a dark lake at that speed!. I wish everyone could have experienced Dr. Chilcott's Testimony, and how he out smarted Hopkins at every turn.
He was truly a Charming Older Gentleman, full of Piissszz and Vinegar. And was rather vocal towards Hopkins, each time he kept asking the same question over and over again. Every time Hopkins tried to corner him, he very gracefully slipped right past Hopkins and turned the Tables.
If you do the research on the Good Doctor, its AMAZING all the designs, from NASA to Drag Boat Racing he is responsible for.
He is an adorable gem of a person, and it was a once in a life time opportunity to talk with him.
And he would be more than willing to use Hopkins for one of his next "Test Dummies".
"The overtaking rule only applies to boats that can see each other, Chilcott said during cross-examination from District Attorney Jon Hopkins."

Your charming old expert has sealed the deal against Dinius, if it is proved that the sailboat lights were not on.
Once Upon A Time

Kelseyville, CA

#6 Aug 8, 2009
Did you fall down and bump your head?
The Lights HAVE BEEN PROVEN to BE ON!
Your Denial of the Truth is Simply Amazing.
Just a Little Advice.. Mother to Mother
Start putting your Kids first, and your "Man" farther down the list of Priorities. They, and You, deserve better.
Duh wrote:
<quoted text>
"The overtaking rule only applies to boats that can see each other, Chilcott said during cross-examination from District Attorney Jon Hopkins."
Your charming old expert has sealed the deal against Dinius, if it is proved that the sailboat lights were not on.
Wrong man charged

San Leandro, CA

#9 Aug 8, 2009
Yellow Bird wrote:
Just don't boat on the lake without appropriate lighting with someone under the influence at the helm and you should be fine!7483
Just don't boat on the lake at night without your eyeglasses, don't boat at night with a "half beer" in your system, observe safe speed, keep a lookout for testosterone driven power boats. Everyone should be able to enjoy the lake at night, but there are many boat owners now who will not due to the attitude of the power boat owner, afterall he said he's drives fast on the lake often. Beware and be careful.
Once Upon A Time

Kelseyville, CA

#11 Aug 8, 2009
Sorry Fool, Chilcott's Analyisis leaves no doubt, the LIGHTS WERE ON.
Donna Quim wrote:
Not so. The lights were not on by many accounts. The on issue is merely speculation not fact.
Justice for Dinius

San Leandro, CA

#12 Aug 8, 2009
Once Upon A Time wrote:
Sorry Fool, Chilcott's Analyisis leaves no doubt, the LIGHTS WERE ON.
<quoted text>
Yes, Once, he leaves no doubt.....LIGHTS WERE ON! Amen.
Curious

Kelseyville, CA

#14 Aug 8, 2009
Really! And you were there to here this? Would you not perhaps be Hopkins Wife, oh how about the short red head that was sitting next to his wife, think her name is Campbell, DA looking in on DA perhaps taking notes. Or, maybe you are the lonely looking thing sitting alone with note pad in hand. Which is it Duh? Like Once stated, it has been proven the lights were on no matter what Mr. Bobble (Hopkins) may believe.
Duh wrote:
<quoted text>
"The overtaking rule only applies to boats that can see each other, Chilcott said during cross-examination from District Attorney Jon Hopkins."
Your charming old expert has sealed the deal against Dinius, if it is proved that the sailboat lights were not on.
Curious

Kelseyville, CA

#15 Aug 8, 2009
Funny how ones hearing aid picks up everything in the court room. You can be heard from the front all the way to the back. Example: Ostini inquires after Chilcott steps down, looks at Hoppy and asks, so how do you think he did today? Answer by Hopkins, chilcott was dancing in circles! Opps think someone heard us!
Hopkins is delusional..........what a joke!

“RIP Lynn Thornton”

Since: Jun 09

Clearlake "On the Point"

#16 Aug 8, 2009
They are just stroking each others Ego's
Yep, Pretty Amazing the things one can hear.
Something a City Gal wouldnt understand..
When you shut up, and put your ear to the ground, and just listen..you can figure out which way the Stampede of Doo Doo Birds and Blue Footed Boobies and Red Faced DA's are running.......
Curious wrote:
Funny how ones hearing aid picks up everything in the court room. You can be heard from the front all the way to the back. Example: Ostini inquires after Chilcott steps down, looks at Hoppy and asks, so how do you think he did today? Answer by Hopkins, chilcott was dancing in circles! Opps think someone heard us!
Hopkins is delusional..........what a joke!
SHADY ACRES REHAB CENTER

Kelseyville, CA

#17 Aug 8, 2009
From: Shady Acres Rehab Center
Ms. Nurse Goodbody

To: Mr. Victor Haltom
Defense for Bismarck Dinius

RE: Field Trip to Court
Mr. Perdock

Dear Mr. Haltom

We here at Shady Acres are dedicated to our Clients. As long as they have Good Insurance or a Fat Bank Account, we will get them back on the Wagon at Lightening Speed.

We do have a couple of Medical Issues we need to deal with before Mr. Perdock can be transported to appear in Court.

1. He has an impaled object sticking out of his back. It looks to be a Knife. But luckily the Owner of the Knife had engraved his name on the handle. It reads Lt. Cecil Brown. Once removed, could you help us out and get it returned to Mr. Brown?

2. Would you know of a good Plastic/Cosmetic Surgeon? Mr. Perdock has these horrible Tire Tread marks all over his body, Id swear it looks like he was thrown under a bus.

After that, he is good to go. He has enjoyed his 45 day visit here at Shady Acres.

If you have any further questions or concerns, Please don't hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards
Nurse Goodbody
Wow - I really mean WOW

Fort Worth, TX

#18 Aug 8, 2009
Justice for Dinius wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, Once, he leaves no doubt.....LIGHTS WERE ON! Amen.
Does not have to have no doubt. Just a reasonable doubt as far as the jury is instructed. We are way past that.

“RIP Lynn Thornton”

Since: Jun 09

Clearlake "On the Point"

#19 Aug 8, 2009
When Hopkins goes ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON... the jury ends up falling asleep, as well as the court staff. I think Ostini is the only one awake during his questioning. But they wake right up when Haltom starts speaking...
Wow - I really mean WOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Does not have to have no doubt. Just a reasonable doubt as far as the jury is instructed. We are way past that.
paranoia o the day

Waterloo, IA

#20 Aug 8, 2009
sure dude. clear lake is the only place where drunken boating accidents occur so beware. also, think twice about driving your car here or taking that stroll down hwy 20. stay home and be safe you moron.

“RIP Lynn Thornton”

Since: Jun 09

Clearlake "On the Point"

#21 Aug 8, 2009
Thats Funny, but in a Warped Sick way, but pretty accurate! I did notice in the videos from a few years back that Dan Noyes took, Cecil Brown was sitting right behind Perdock in court. I guess now we know it wasnt for support!
SHADY ACRES REHAB CENTER wrote:
From: Shady Acres Rehab Center
Ms. Nurse Goodbody
To: Mr. Victor Haltom
Defense for Bismarck Dinius
RE: Field Trip to Court
Mr. Perdock
Dear Mr. Haltom
We here at Shady Acres are dedicated to our Clients. As long as they have Good Insurance or a Fat Bank Account, we will get them back on the Wagon at Lightening Speed.
We do have a couple of Medical Issues we need to deal with before Mr. Perdock can be transported to appear in Court.
1. He has an impaled object sticking out of his back. It looks to be a Knife. But luckily the Owner of the Knife had engraved his name on the handle. It reads Lt. Cecil Brown. Once removed, could you help us out and get it returned to Mr. Brown?
2. Would you know of a good Plastic/Cosmetic Surgeon? Mr. Perdock has these horrible Tire Tread marks all over his body, Id swear it looks like he was thrown under a bus.
After that, he is good to go. He has enjoyed his 45 day visit here at Shady Acres.
If you have any further questions or concerns, Please don't hesitate to contact us.
Best Regards
Nurse Goodbody
MIA

Fairfield, CA

#22 Aug 9, 2009
Once Upon A Time wrote:
The guy that was Hopkin's Star Expert was an Idiot.
Dr. Chilcott said he had known Hopkin's "expert" for many years, but no way in hell would he ride in a boat with him, on a dark lake at that speed!. I wish everyone could have experienced Dr. Chilcott's Testimony, and how he out smarted Hopkins at every turn.
He was truly a Charming Older Gentleman, full of Piissszz and Vinegar. And was rather vocal towards Hopkins, each time he kept asking the same question over and over again. Every time Hopkins tried to corner him, he very gracefully slipped right past Hopkins and turned the Tables.
If you do the research on the Good Doctor, its AMAZING all the designs, from NASA to Drag Boat Racing he is responsible for.
He is an adorable gem of a person, and it was a once in a life time opportunity to talk with him.
And he would be more than willing to use Hopkins for one of his next "Test Dummies".
You are the best Once Upon a Time. Reason is a good thing and I am sorry I missed this National treasure of a person who would use Perdock as a "test dummy".
That is the point. Psychopaths like Hopkins, Mitchell and Perdock don't KNOW that they are dummies. Sort of like the people who do child porn. THey are detached from reality becuause os problems in their cerebral cortex and are dangerous to say the least, but could care less, because it is sort of like a gun in the hands of a two year old. The two year old doesn't KNOW that they are doing something wrong when they shoot themselves or someone else.
The corrupt in the LCSO ARE psychopaths and they are corrupt, because that is the only way they can keep in poser. The cover up is covert and the child porn is covert and HAS to be for them to continue.
That is why it is important to Prosecute Perdock and take away his "gun"...(gun and boat actually) he is dangerous and we can't afford for any more people to die needlessly and without remorse. Perdock et al lack basic intelligence and of course the court system is insane too in many cases.
As "crazy" as I am reported to be yesterday, late in the mail, I got a summons for Jury Service for this very case.
It's gotta make you laugh, and Once Upon a Time has some evidence that she is holding back per request.
In order for the county (and the world) sometimes a paradigm shift is needed, but I think on this one an ephiphany is due. When the "people's" eyes are opened they will act. As a Pacifist I do fear, however, that perhaps lives will be lost. This is the hardest part of all. Our sheriff's department could go "Covelo".
Have a great day!
MIA

Fairfield, CA

#23 Aug 9, 2009
is the only way they can keep in power (correction)

Since: Jan 09

United States

#24 Aug 9, 2009
Yellow Bird wrote:
Just don't boat on the lake without appropriate lighting with someone under the influence at the helm and you should be fine!7483
Also, just don't think you're so all that that you are entitled to go full ***** out (45 mph) whenever you feel like it in the dead of night... like Perdock did that night.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lakeport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Provocateur (Jun '12) Feb 16 Provocateur 28
News Are harmful parasites living in Clear Lake? (Jun '08) Feb 11 Concerned 91
News Pomos seek to create long-needed homeland, casi... Feb 10 Pablothecoyote 45
Review: Konocti Computers Of Lake County, CA - ... (Mar '14) Feb 4 John H 26
News Mobile home park living is a rip-off (Jun '10) Jan 30 tammysamarley 30
News COMMET makes arrests in marijuana cultivation o... (Feb '12) Jan 30 Redflagowner2310 9
News First same-sex couple ties the knot in Lake County (Jun '08) Dec '16 TRUMPTRUMPTRUMP 108

Lakeport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lakeport Mortgages