Lakeport dispensary ordered to close

May 8, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Lake County Record-Bee

The Lake County Board of Supervisors Tuesday ordered what county staff believes to be last operating dispensary in the unincorporated area to cease operations.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of22
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Provocateur

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
May 9, 2012
 
"Nobody is trying to deny access," District 4 Supervisor Anthony Farrington said. But we're going to close all the dispensaries and drive these patients back to the black market. Way to go Tony maybe you should have run for a different office. This shows how out of touch most of our supervisors are with Lake County voters. Rob Brown on the other hand has always been out of touch. 10,000 marijuana plants on his own property he knew nothing about. If it's brown flush it down.
Justa me

Kelseyville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
May 9, 2012
 
Provocateur wrote:
"Nobody is trying to deny access," District 4 Supervisor Anthony Farrington said. But we're going to close all the dispensaries and drive these patients back to the black market. Way to go Tony maybe you should have run for a different office. This shows how out of touch most of our supervisors are with Lake County voters. Rob Brown on the other hand has always been out of touch. 10,000 marijuana plants on his own property he knew nothing about. If it's brown flush it down.
The dispensaries must be cutting into the illegal growers pocketbook.
Provocateur

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
May 9, 2012
 
Our public servants are closing all the dispensaries only one left. The black market is booming. Kiss about half a billion dollars goodbye. More Gbangers renting large pieces of property up here though.
Justa me

Kelseyville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
May 10, 2012
 
Provocateur wrote:
Our public servants are closing all the dispensaries only one left. The black market is booming. Kiss about half a billion dollars goodbye. More Gbangers renting large pieces of property up here though.
You are correct "P". Its my opinion the lake was better off being run by the Mafia years ago. At least they took out their own garbage.
Provocateur

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
May 10, 2012
 
Crime wouldn't pay if the government ran it.
Justa me

Kelseyville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
May 10, 2012
 
Provocateur wrote:
Crime wouldn't pay if the government ran it.
So true, so true.
Provocateur

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
May 11, 2012
 
So if you were trying to deny access, wouldn't you start by closing down all the dispensaries? What part of Prop 215 would our supervisors, Sierra Club, Education board, Chamber of Commerce and veterinarians think is the legal part of medical marijuana, which we voted on and passed into law? Do they offer any alternatives, no. Just scare tactics disinformation, and disappointment in our leaders. If these same concerned citizens and public servants couldn't get their "legal" drugs we'd have drive through wine bars and pharmacies on every corner. What will they replace the half a billion a year in lost revenues? Oh I forgot Carptober Fest and the county fair. I think the people who voted for 215 will vote again and the voice of the majority will tell these people to look for different jobs.

Since: Sep 08

.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
May 11, 2012
 
...Gloop...
Provocateur

Downey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
May 11, 2012
 
Two wrongs is just the begining.
local

Kelseyville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
May 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

You are becoming a great bellwether for folks to use when considering how to vote. We simply listen to you and then vote completely opposite of your position.
TY
Measure "D" and provo.....both huge losers.
Provocateur

Westminster, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
May 11, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Typically revealing as usual from the good old boy bed wetters. We can't tell you what we really want but this isn't it... just vote no. Similar to the progress made with human rights, wars, poverty, global warming, health care, political corruption. I didn't know felons could vote. Here I thought you would be for anything the Sierra Club was against. After decades of blaming agriculture for the degradation of the lake now agriculture is blaming medical marijuana. How long have I heard this from you? Navarro, Edmonds, Perdock, Dinius, Rivero etc.
Justa me

Kelseyville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
May 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Provocateur wrote:
So if you were trying to deny access, wouldn't you start by closing down all the dispensaries? What part of Prop 215 would our supervisors, Sierra Club, Education board, Chamber of Commerce and veterinarians think is the legal part of medical marijuana, which we voted on and passed into law? Do they offer any alternatives, no. Just scare tactics disinformation, and disappointment in our leaders. If these same concerned citizens and public servants couldn't get their "legal" drugs we'd have drive through wine bars and pharmacies on every corner. What will they replace the half a billion a year in lost revenues? Oh I forgot Carptober Fest and the county fair. I think the people who voted for 215 will vote again and the voice of the majority will tell these people to look for different jobs.
You have hit on a great point. Scare tactics and disinformation. As the vote on Measure "D" approaches the Bee has swung into full campaign mode. Instead of being a neutral party reporting thay have been advocating. Almost daily articles appear as news although they should be in the opinion section. Veiled "news stories" are neither stories or news. Today is no example. Kevin N. Hume penned an article entitled "Dogs poisoned by pot common". Yes some dogs like the taste of pot (usually roasches) due to the characole. Charocole soothes their upset stomachs.
I have no problem with the article as its information is like reading about the drugs effect on humans. No more no worse. My problem is the title "Dogs poisoned by pot COMMON". Nowhere in the article are the numbers to verify that claim. Not once does the vet cite a quantifiable number of dogs he treated that have been poisoned by pot. Yes some got sick (stoned), how many truly died?
It has been my observation that dogs are born pharmacologists. If they have a bad little tummy they find the piece of grass to chew in a field of weeds.
The truth lives forever, lies always have a shelf life.
Local

Kelseyville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
May 14, 2012
 
Provocateur wrote:
Typically revealing as usual from the good old boy bed wetters. We can't tell you what we really want but this isn't it... just vote no. Similar to the progress made with human rights, wars, poverty, global warming, health care, political corruption. I didn't know felons could vote. Here I thought you would be for anything the Sierra Club was against. After decades of blaming agriculture for the degradation of the lake now agriculture is blaming medical marijuana. How long have I heard this from you? Navarro, Edmonds, Perdock, Dinius, Rivero etc.
Is that nonsense all you got?
Do you want some cheese to go with that whine?.......or perhaps you will be full from eating crow since measure "D" will lose huge?
RB is kicking your arse.
Holder/obama MJ policies have forced Cal. counties to do what they are doing.....and you know it.
What the heck..... just light up a bong and forget it all, heh?

Provocateur

Westminster, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
May 14, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Local wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that nonsense all you got?
Do you want some cheese to go with that whine?.......or perhaps you will be full from eating crow since measure "D" will lose huge?
RB is kicking your arse.
Holder/obama MJ policies have forced Cal. counties to do what they are doing.....and you know it.
What the heck..... just light up a bong and forget it all, heh?
'If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed.'
-Mark Twain
Justa me

Kelseyville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
May 14, 2012
 
Provocateur wrote:
<quoted text>
'If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed.'
-Mark Twain
Excellent !
Provocateur

Downey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
May 15, 2012
 
Local wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that nonsense all you got?
Do you want some cheese to go with that whine?.......or perhaps you will be full from eating crow since measure "D" will lose huge?
RB is kicking your arse.
Holder/obama MJ policies have forced Cal. counties to do what they are doing.....and you know it.
What the heck..... just light up a bong and forget it all, heh?
Hilarious. you said the same thing about Rivero, Perdock, Mitchell, Lowes etc.

These Lake county public servants are so out of touch with the community they are suppose to serve. Do you think marijuana just started growing here when Rob Brown was caught with thousands of plants on his property? This is part of the Emerald Triangle and it has continued for decades and will continue for many more. With or without dispensaries. 14 billion a year is a lot of money to ignore. D might go down but so will Brown.
Local

Kelseyville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
May 15, 2012
 
Provocateur wrote:
<quoted text>
Hilarious. you said the same thing about Rivero, Perdock, Mitchell, Lowes etc.
These Lake county public servants are so out of touch with the community they are suppose to serve. Do you think marijuana just started growing here when Rob Brown was caught with thousands of plants on his property? This is part of the Emerald Triangle and it has continued for decades and will continue for many more. With or without dispensaries. 14 billion a year is a lot of money to ignore. D might go down but so will Brown.
$14 billion, heh?
Lotsa luck with that train of thought.
lololol..........sorry, but you crack me up sometimes.
the sad thing is that you are serious....lololololol

Provocateur

Downey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
May 19, 2012
 
Local wrote:
<quoted text>
$14 billion, heh?
Lotsa luck with that train of thought.
lololol..........sorry, but you crack me up sometimes.
the sad thing is that you are serious....lololololol
(sorry) lol
That's a state wide figure. If you're really paying attention or just shooting your mouth off (campaigning)?

You're always talking about no employment. What do you think most of the people who live here are doing to survive? We won't mention advancement. Do you think their "jobs", if they have one cover expenses?

Annoy A Republican Think For Yourself.
Local

Kelseyville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
May 22, 2012
 
Provocateur wrote:
<quoted text>
Hilarious. you said the same thing about Rivero, Perdock, Mitchell, Lowes etc.
These Lake county public servants are so out of touch with the community they are suppose to serve. Do you think marijuana just started growing here when Rob Brown was caught with thousands of plants on his property? This is part of the Emerald Triangle and it has continued for decades and will continue for many more. With or without dispensaries. 14 billion a year is a lot of money to ignore. D might go down but so will Brown.
$14 billion would not cover the Ca. state budget deficit created by Moonbeam and the Dems. this year.
And you say that all of that money will be gernerated in Lake County????? Dude......put down the bong.

Annoy a liberal......think for yourself.
Provocateur

Westminster, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
May 22, 2012
 
Still comprehension impaired I see. I didn't say it would be gernerated in Lake County, you said that. I said (sorry) lol
That's a state wide figure. If you're really paying attention or just shooting your mouth off (campaigning)?

"Can't We All Just Get A Bong?"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of22
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lakeport Discussions

Search the Lakeport Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 39 min paddyomalley 200,233
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 47 min paddyomalley 7,820
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 1 hr all doned in 4,864
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 23 hr The right is wrong 2,225
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Fri This topics peaked 15,911
Hobergs Truth (Sep '13) Jul 9 Cobb Citizen 4
Gang ties alleged in torture case (Jan '10) Jul 4 MFFM STEVE 1,189
•••
•••

Lakeport News Video

•••
Lakeport Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Lakeport Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lakeport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Lakeport News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lakeport
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••