The other side of Russ Perdock is una...

The other side of Russ Perdock is unappreciated

There are 85 comments on the Lake County Record-Bee story from Nov 22, 2008, titled The other side of Russ Perdock is unappreciated. In it, Lake County Record-Bee reports that:

I am completely frustrated with people like this who claim to be "following the Dinius case the entire time" and then have the facts completely mixed up.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lake County Record-Bee.

Tami Turner

Clearlake, CA

#21 Nov 23, 2008
KUSD Parent, I have already addressed your first question. You say he treated Donna terribly. All I will say about that is there are two sides to every story. Donna and I were friends once and she does not need to be dragged in to this. You are correct that the kids have a fantastic Grandmother, in fact they have 2 Grandmothers and a Grandfather that love them very much. Don't think that has anything to do with this.
If you hit an unlit sailboat at night and the 2 sailors were drunk, I think the same thing would happen except it wouldn't be in the media because you are not an officer of the law.
I think you have some other issue with Russ based on your comments. Maybe if you disclosed who you are we would understand your negativity toward him.
Lastly, I don't care what you think of my letter writing. I didn't do it to debate with anyone. Just to state the facts as I know them. I have had people tell me, "good for you for writing the letter". And I do have all the confidence in the world in Russ.
KUSD Parent wrote:
Please Tami. Would you be saying this if your were not with Russ????? Thats where the questions lies. he treated his ex Donna terrible. but once again poor Russ Perdock. He is beyond being fair. its always and will always be about Russ. It has nothing to do with being a good dad. They have a FANTASTIC Grandmother who has helped raise these kids. One of the good "Ol" boys! If I plowed into a boat going to fast and got away with it it would be called MURDER! Plain and simple. Russ has always thought the sun rose and set on his shoulders. I think you made things worse for hime by writing this article. if you have that much confindence in your "Man" then why feel the need to tell everyone????
Matt

Windsor, CA

#22 Nov 24, 2008
Tami Turner wrote:
Yes, Matt. While I detect sarcasm in you question, I do believe that Noyes did defame Russ' character by only reporting half the story.
<quoted text>
Seems to me Dan Noyes asked for Russ' opinion and he rolled up his window and drove off. If he has nothing to hide, why did he do that?
Tami Turner

Clearlake, CA

#23 Nov 24, 2008
Matt, two answers for you. First, have you heard of editing? I am sure Russ would be happy to talk if he thought his response would be printed or run in its entirety. And, second, when you are a witness in something like this, you are advised by your attorney not to speak to the press until the case is settled. I'd say that answers your question plain and simple. Wouldn't you? And not to mention, if you remember correctly as I do, Dan Noyes' question to him was very one sided and offensive.
Matt wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems to me Dan Noyes asked for Russ' opinion and he rolled up his window and drove off. If he has nothing to hide, why did he do that?
Once Upon a Time

Lucerne, CA

#24 Nov 24, 2008
Oh Tami...
Seems you havent been able to break the cycle..
When you were married to Larry, he was a womanizer and a cheat and didnt treat you very well. Now you are with Perdock, another womanizer, and by your own admission, didnt treat Donna well at all. So...Why would a woman want to get involved with with that heartache all over again?? My advice is to run like hell...why would you want to sleep with someone who has more issues than my Grandfathers Playboy Collection that started in the late 60's!
Ted

San Francisco, CA

#25 Nov 24, 2008
Once Upon a Time wrote:
Oh Tami...
When you were married to Larry, he was a womanizer and a cheat and didnt treat you very well. Now you are with Perdock, another womanizer, and by your own admission, didnt treat Donna well at all. So...Why would a woman want to get involved with with that heartache all over again?? My advice is to run like hell...why would you want to sleep with someone who has more issues than my Grandfathers Playboy Collection that started in the late 60's!
Great, he can sit down with EL and tell the WHOLE story. She'll toss him a few softballs to be sure.
Kid Rock

Grapevine, TX

#26 Nov 24, 2008
You can be a good guy and make a mistake that results in something horrible.

The one who is a bad guy and does horrible things all the time is the DA. Also the gutless wonders called judges in this county.
Tami Turner

Clearlake, CA

#27 Nov 24, 2008
Once upon a time, there was someone who was too chicken to use their real name and thought that by bringing up the past they could shake me. Well, I have more class than that, and while my past was not the best, life goes on and my future is bright. God has a plan for me.
Like Larry always said, I am tough.
I never said anything one way or another about how Russ treated Donna. Or how Donna treated Russ. It is not my business or yours. What I will say is that Russ is not a womanizer. Does it make you feel big to talk c r a p about someone, while hiding behind a fake name? Your advice means nothing to me. I still stand by all I have said. You however, are a worthless human who gets pleasure from trying to cause someone else pain. Pat yourself on the back for being so clever. Don't you think I knew I was taking a chance on being dragged through the mud by someone as worthless as you?
Once Upon a Time wrote:
Oh Tami...
Tom

San Francisco, CA

#28 Nov 24, 2008
Yeah, but the anonymous person didn't kill anyone.
Tami Turner

Clearlake, CA

#29 Nov 24, 2008
How would you know if he or she is anonymous, Ted or Tom or whoever you are?
Tom wrote:
Yeah, but the anonymous person didn't kill anyone.
Carol G

Birds Landing, CA

#30 Nov 25, 2008
While I know all parties involved. tami what you did by writing an article to the paper in defending your boyfriend, was immature at best! it read like a high school letter. If you believed in someone that much than what in gods name would you feel the need to openly write a personal tribute for your boyfriend? In the world as it is now, can you not think about yourself for once in your life and see it is not about you and poor Russell! Did you not think about how his kids or yours and larry's would think about this letter and the responses? and you say Larry says how "tough" you are. TOUGH women do not defend someone that think they are above the law not only once, but time and time again. Do you really think you need to be a "Tough" person because of a choice Larry made years ago. Come on! this shows how weak you are in ststing you are the victim, now you are sounding more like your Boyfriend. Put your energies into something more worthwhile, instead of defending a grown man. They always say people that get defensive are always guilty. If the shoe fits!!!!
Repeat 2x

Napa, CA

#31 Nov 25, 2008
Tami, said "This case isn't about Russ, he's not on trial.

But Tami, this case is ALL ABOUT RUSS, have you forgotten--if Perdock wasn't there that night Officer, Lynn Thornton would be alive today.

You mention that the ex wife took Perdock home from the hospital but failed to mention that a sheriff deputy also took him home from the hospital.....who's telling the truth here?
well actually

Apache Junction, AZ

#32 Nov 25, 2008
Seems like he was introduced to me as his girlfriend before the accident. So were dating him while he was married?
Tami Turner wrote:
Full disclosure please, Your comment proves my point that the public who thinks they have been following this matter closely, truly doesn't know what they are talking about. Russ was married at the time of the crash and was taken home from the hospital by his now exwife. We were not dating at that time.
<quoted text>
Tami Turner

Clearlake, CA

#33 Nov 25, 2008
Carol G,
It's great that you have such a strong opinion of my letter. If you thought it was that horrible and you know all parties involved, wouldn't it have been a better idea and perhaps less caustic to just call me up and tell me what you think, instead of grandstanding in the paper? If you were so concerned about my kids and Russ' reading these terrible comments, maybe you shouldn't have made comments about it at all.
I am not defending my boyfriend, I am showing my support. There is a big difference. He doesn't need my defense, or for that matter my public support.
I never stated in any of my posts that I was a victim.
This has nothing to do with Larry and that was my point to the previous poster who brought him up.
Your comment about people who get defensive, makes no sense. I am not defensive or guilty of anything except supporting someone I care about. And Russ has not spoken openly, except where he was required to by law to the investigators and at the court proceedings.
Not sure who you are as you are like everyone else, by not stating your whole name. There are a lot of Carol G's in the world. I can only think of one and I would think if you were her you would have definitely come to me yourself with this opinion.
Carol G wrote:
While I know all parties involved. tami what you did by writing an article to the paper in defending your boyfriend, was immature at best! it read like a high school letter. If you believed in someone that much than what in gods name would you feel the need to openly write a personal tribute for your boyfriend? In the world as it is now, can you not think about yourself for once in your life and see it is not about you and poor Russell! Did you not think about how his kids or yours and larry's would think about this letter and the responses? and you say Larry says how "tough" you are. TOUGH women do not defend someone that think they are above the law not only once, but time and time again. Do you really think you need to be a "Tough" person because of a choice Larry made years ago. Come on! this shows how weak you are in ststing you are the victim, now you are sounding more like your Boyfriend. Put your energies into something more worthwhile, instead of defending a grown man. They always say people that get defensive are always guilty. If the shoe fits!!!!
Tami Turner

Clearlake, CA

#34 Nov 25, 2008
Repeat2x,
If you were in the courtroom, you would know that Beland was mistaken. He did not take Russ home. His then wife came and picked him up. This might come up again at Dinius trial,(even though it shouldn't as Russ isn't on trial), so you might want to come and sit in, so you could get first hand information and you could quit incinuating that I am not telling the truth.
Sorry, one more thing, if Dinius and Weber weren't out there that night under the conditions they were in Lynn Thornton might also still be here.
Repeat 2x wrote:
Tami, said "This case isn't about Russ, he's not on trial.
But Tami, this case is ALL ABOUT RUSS, have you forgotten--if Perdock wasn't there that night Officer, Lynn Thornton would be alive today.
You mention that the ex wife took Perdock home from the hospital but failed to mention that a sheriff deputy also took him home from the hospital.....who's telling the truth here?
Tami Turner

Clearlake, CA

#35 Nov 25, 2008
Well actually, plain and simple, you are mistaken. That is if you are trying to say "I" was introduced to you as his girlfriend. We were not dating until his marraige was officially over and his wife no longer lived with him.
But very brave of you to use your real name, since we have met and all.
well actually wrote:
Seems like he was introduced to me as his girlfriend before the accident. So were dating him while he was married?
<quoted text>
bonehead11

Clearlake, CA

#36 Nov 25, 2008
tammy it is not really an issue of his character the problem is how can a cop kill some one by accident and remain a cop. our police must be beyond any shadow of doubt, they can't make mistakes and be a cop, and his mistake was to be going too fast to avoid a collision even if the sail boat had no lights
Boaters rights

Stockton, CA

#37 Nov 25, 2008
You said the civil case is over. Is it not true that Perdock got nothing because the insurance company felt he was at fault?
Russ is smug and arrogant. How else could he justify running over a basically parked sailboat at 45 mph, kill a lady and not, even once admit that maybe, just maybe he had a little to do with the accident.
Dinus had been drinking, true. He was also at the helm of a sailboat standing still due to lack of wind. They could of been anchored out there just as easily as just sitting there.However since the sails were up, they had the right of way, period.
Boaters rights

Stockton, CA

#38 Nov 25, 2008
Tami Turner wrote:
Repeat2x,
Sorry, one more thing, if Dinius and Weber weren't out there that night under the conditions they were in Lynn Thornton might also still be here.
<quoted text>
It doesn;t matter that they had been drinking. They were on a stalled sailboat making no headway. Meaning that even if the could know Perdock was coming they would have had to scramble mighty fast to start the outboard and get out of his way. And they shouldn;t have to scramble. Like I said in my other post. Sails up/motor off = right of way. Look in "Rules of the road", Russ does own a copy, right? A copy of "Rules of the road" is required if you have your boat safety inspection from the USCGA. Perdocks boat has been safety inspected, right?
Once Upon a Time

Lucerne, CA

#39 Nov 25, 2008
Tami,,Im not talking crap, just trying to get you to stop and think what path you are going down,,woman to woman, as I have made the same mistake, falling into the same pattern. The last Moron I went out with almost cost me my life. Id hate to see you end up like that,, You can do better, and deserve better!
Once Upon a Time wrote:
Oh Tami...
amused

Clearlake, CA

#40 Nov 25, 2008
Wow how would Russ feel about all this drama you have created? It appears that you have a lot of extra time on your hands.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lakeport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News COMMET makes arrests in marijuana cultivation o... (Feb '12) Thu Larree Allene 10
News Pomos seek to create long-needed homeland, casi... Mar 15 Anonymous 51
News Raid of smoke shops yields meth pipes Mar 7 coeryh 1
Provocateur (Jun '12) Feb '17 Provocateur 28
News Are harmful parasites living in Clear Lake? (Jun '08) Feb '17 Concerned 91
Review: Konocti Computers Of Lake County, CA - ... (Mar '14) Feb '17 John H 26
News Mobile home park living is a rip-off (Jun '10) Jan '17 tammysamarley 30

Lakeport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lakeport Mortgages