The other side of Russ Perdock is unappreciated

Full story: Lake County Record-Bee

I am completely frustrated with people like this who claim to be "following the Dinius case the entire time" and then have the facts completely mixed up.
Comments
1 - 20 of 85 Comments Last updated Aug 26, 2012
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Tami Turner

Kelseyville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2008

I find it interesting that a letter to the editor would be edited, but this is how it was originally written:

Dear Editor,
First of all, in response to Ms. Hogin’s letter to the editor:

I am completely frustrated with people like this who claim to be “following the Dinius case the entire time” and then have the facts completely mixed up. First of all, the “COP” was proven WAY beyond a reasonable doubt to be completely sober. I am not sure where she got her information, other than some of the media seeming to purposely mislead, but the preliminary hearing documentation has proven that Mr. Perdock was sober. It was also proven in the preliminary hearing that Mr. Perdock’s lights were on. There were eye witnesses to the crash who saw them on, including the people on the sailboat. This information is also in the depositions that were given. The part that some of the public and the media do not seem to care about is the information given that Weber, the sailboat owner, and Dinius were the ones intoxicated. Since when is driving or boating under the influence considered okay? Much less boating while intoxicated AND having no navigation lights. The judge also had eye witness testimony stating that there were no navigation lights on the sailboat illuminated.

I also question the editor of this papers judgment. Why would you include this letter in the paper and subject Mr. Perdock to more verbal abuse? As the editor, I am quite sure you know the things I have stated to be true. Tiffany Revelle was in the courtroom and has previously reported on these issues. I feel this is defamation of character.

I am tired of Mr. Perdock being hammered in the media. He does not deserve the treatment he has been given and its time for people who know and care for him to speak up with the truth.

The Russ Perdock I know is a wonderful, caring father, son and friend. He is an excellent, dedicated officer of the law. Truth and honesty are extremely important to him. He is very involved in his community, always giving his time and talents to help others. I would trust him with my life and the lives of my children.

Sincerely,
Tami Turner

The letter was in direct response to this letter:

Dinius case shows corruption in Lake CountyBy Robbin Hogin -- Letters to the Editor
Updated: 11/20/2008 05:15:59 PM PST

I have been a resident for a little over 2 years and I have been following the Dinius case the entire time. I want to know how in the world does the ruling come down in this case to charge a man who was sailing with friends with felonies when a COP who was proven to be drunk, speeding and had no lights on gets away free? This does not only sound wrong and unfair, but it stinks with corruption.

Robbin Hogin

Lakeport

The interesting part is that they took out two sentences from my letter.

First:

"Dear Editor.
First of all, in response to Ms. Hogin’s letter to the editor:"

and they left out one more very important sentence:

"I feel this is defamation of character."

The last part that seemed interesting to me was the fact that they chose a title for my letter, when I had just simply titled it, "Dinius Case". Their title infers that I agree with any of the negative media that has been published, and I do not. As far as I am concerned, there is only one side of Russ Perdock and I believe I made it perfectly clear what my opinion is of him.
Matt

Healdsburg, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2008

Just curious. Did Dan Noyes also defame his character?
Just Wondering

San Lorenzo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2008

Tami, are you still dating/living with Russ Perdock?
Many people see have seen a different Russ Perdock than you have. I have seen the arrogant, closed minded, Russell Perdock. One who failed to look closely into a very real and and unsafe situation my wife and I were going through with a local man. A man who was later proven in court to be a dangerous liar, and an over all very nasty individual. Mr Perdock definately was not there for us when we needed his help and understanding. When he incorrectly addressed my wife in correspondence as the exwife of this man, it became clear that he had not even bothered to read the file in front of him. His uncaring inactions caused our situation to be more unsafe, and caused a great deal of unnecessary stress and financial burden on my self, my wife and our family. I'm sorry, but I am not a fan.
Repeat 2x

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2008

Tami,

If this accident had happened with another man at the helm of the Baja Outlaw Boat (other than Perdock) would you still be defending him or prosecuting him?

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2008

The REAL question is would the illustrious local DA be prosecuting?
Repeat 2x

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2008

Aloha27
Question maybe you know..someone said all judges with exception of Judge Martin have recused themselves..are they referring to the Dinius trial or the old Perdock divorce case?
But on

Farmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2008

the Titanic. He was coddled and protected.
Grand Standers Let It Go

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2008

Repeat 2x wrote:
Aloha27
Question maybe you know..someone said all judges with exception of Judge Martin have recused themselves..are they referring to the Dinius trial or the old Perdock divorce case?
Go crawl back under the rock you just slithered out from under.......in other words STFU
Full disclosure please

Columbia, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2008

Tami,
Just wondering, did you break up with Mr. Perdock for a while after this incident and then get back together with him?
Tami Turner wrote:
I find it interesting that a letter to the editor would be edited, but this is how it was originally written:
Dear Editor,
First of all, in response to Ms. Hogin’s letter to the editor:
I am completely frustrated with people like this who claim to be “following the Dinius case the entire time” and then have the facts completely mixed up. First of all, the “COP” was proven WAY beyond a reasonable doubt to be completely sober. I am not sure where she got her information, other than some of the media seeming to purposely mislead, but the preliminary hearing documentation has proven that Mr. Perdock was sober. It was also proven in the preliminary hearing that Mr. Perdock’s lights were on. There were eye witnesses to the crash who saw them on, including the people on the sailboat. This information is also in the depositions that were given. The part that some of the public and the media do not seem to care about is the information given that Weber, the sailboat owner, and Dinius were the ones intoxicated. Since when is driving or boating under the influence considered okay? Much less boating while intoxicated AND having no navigation lights. The judge also had eye witness testimony stating that there were no navigation lights on the sailboat illuminated.
I also question the editor of this papers judgment. Why would you include this letter in the paper and subject Mr. Perdock to more verbal abuse? As the editor, I am quite sure you know the things I have stated to be true. Tiffany Revelle was in the courtroom and has previously reported on these issues. I feel this is defamation of character.
I am tired of Mr. Perdock being hammered in the media. He does not deserve the treatment he has been given and its time for people who know and care for him to speak up with the truth.
The Russ Perdock I know is a wonderful, caring father, son and friend. He is an excellent, dedicated officer of the law. Truth and honesty are extremely important to him. He is very involved in his community, always giving his time and talents to help others. I would trust him with my life and the lives of my children.
Sincerely,
Tami Turner
The letter was in direct response to this letter:
Dinius case shows corruption in Lake CountyBy Robbin Hogin -- Letters to the Editor
Updated: 11/20/2008 05:15:59 PM PST
I have been a resident for a little over 2 years and I have been following the Dinius case the entire time. I want to know how in the world does the ruling come down in this case to charge a man who was sailing with friends with felonies when a COP who was proven to be drunk, speeding and had no lights on gets away free? This does not only sound wrong and unfair, but it stinks with corruption.
Robbin Hogin
Lakeport
The interesting part is that they took out two sentences from my letter.
First:
"Dear Editor.
First of all, in response to Ms. Hogin’s letter to the editor:"
and they left out one more very important sentence:
"I feel this is defamation of character."
The last part that seemed interesting to me was the fact that they chose a title for my letter, when I had just simply titled it, "Dinius Case". Their title infers that I agree with any of the negative media that has been published, and I do not. As far as I am concerned, there is only one side of Russ Perdock and I believe I made it perfectly clear what my opinion is of him.
phil murphy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2008

note to Perdock media defense team: responding to letters like the first one is a bad idea, anyone who knew anything about the case knew the author didn't have their ducks in a row by any means, should have just let that one slide by and die a quiet death on it's own.
Also, this case isn't about whether or not Russ Perdock is a good friend/father, it's about his judgement and more importantly, the judgement of Jon Hopkins.
Hopkins turned a tragic accident into additional hell for EVERYONE involved by the extremely unfair way he charged this case, if Perdock is PO'd at anyone it should be Hopkins for making this a polarizing media event instead of a civil case between two insurance companies like it should be.
Hopkins is the real villain here, he is a disgrace to his profession and our community-he needs to be removed from office ASAP.
G and O

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2008

Does anyone get the feeling that all of these politicos around here clam up tighter than a mollusk at low tide hiding under rocks, Hopkins, Buffalo Bill, et al, Mitchell and Perdock, because they are part of the good ole boys network? I say "Act Up" by protesting, at the courthouse steps or wherever they are to be found. I like the idea of becoming a splinter group.
KUSD Parent

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2008

Please Tami. Would you be saying this if your were not with Russ????? Thats where the questions lies. he treated his ex Donna terrible. but once again poor Russ Perdock. He is beyond being fair. its always and will always be about Russ. It has nothing to do with being a good dad. They have a FANTASTIC Grandmother who has helped raise these kids. One of the good "Ol" boys! If I plowed into a boat going to fast and got away with it it would be called MURDER! Plain and simple. Russ has always thought the sun rose and set on his shoulders. I think you made things worse for hime by writing this article. if you have that much confindence in your "Man" then why feel the need to tell everyone????
Love Lake County

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2008

:)
corrupt

Kelseyville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2008

Organized crime at its finest.
Tami Turner

Kelseyville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2008

Well, I just tried to post one comment responding to most of the ones posted above. Unfortunately, it took me to long to write them all and they didn't post. So I will try to do it the long way. I just don't want to spend hours on the computer as sometimes I have. I had something to say and I said it. The jury will decide Dinius' fate. Russ is not on trial. He did not decide the charges nor did he investigate the case. The civil case is finished and everyone's insurance paid.
Tami Turner

Kelseyville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2008

Yes, Matt. While I detect sarcasm in you question, I do believe that Noyes did defame Russ' character by only reporting half the story.
Matt wrote:
Just curious. Did Dan Noyes also defame his character?
Tami Turner

Kelseyville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2008

Just Wondering, yes I am still dating Russ. Never lived with him.
I am sorry this happened to you. I cannot comment on anything about it however, as I know none of the circumstances. When it occured. Etc. I will say that even you, as I feel your comment was very respectful, would agree that there is a big difference between someone being arrogant or closed minded, and a "murderer". I think everyone can be arrogant or closed minded at times. But I am not trying to make light of your personal situation.
Just Wondering wrote:
Tami, are you still dating/living with Russ Perdock?
Many people see have seen a different Russ Perdock than you have. I have seen the arrogant, closed minded, Russell Perdock. One who failed to look closely into a very real and and unsafe situation my wife and I were going through with a local man. A man who was later proven in court to be a dangerous liar, and an over all very nasty individual. Mr Perdock definately was not there for us when we needed his help and understanding. When he incorrectly addressed my wife in correspondence as the exwife of this man, it became clear that he had not even bothered to read the file in front of him. His uncaring inactions caused our situation to be more unsafe, and caused a great deal of unnecessary stress and financial burden on my self, my wife and our family. I'm sorry, but I am not a fan.
Tami Turner

Kelseyville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2008

Repeat2x and Aloha27,
In answer to your question, no I would not be defending him the same. Not for the reason you think though. I care about Russ and therefore, based on court testimony and documentation have followed the case closely. My comment to both of you however, since you two believe that if it was someone else they would be in jail, what happened with the boat crash that happened a few months back on the lake in broad daylight where one boat went over the other? Maybe someone was arrested maybe not. My point is that it hit the paper the first day and then nothing more. I believe that was because an officer of the law was not involved. There was also a crash on Lake Washington, Seattle, where a 17 year old boy ran over a moored sailboat. Not sure of any of the circumstances of that case either as it also hit the news for the first day or two. They said they interviewed the boy and released him. What happened there? Did they go back and arrest him? Were there no lights on the sailboat? Don't know any more because no officer of the law was involved.
Repeat 2x wrote:
Tami,
If this accident had happened with another man at the helm of the Baja Outlaw Boat (other than Perdock) would you still be defending him or prosecuting him?
Tami Turner

Kelseyville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2008

Full disclosure please, Your comment proves my point that the public who thinks they have been following this matter closely, truly doesn't know what they are talking about. Russ was married at the time of the crash and was taken home from the hospital by his now exwife. We were not dating at that time.
Full disclosure please wrote:
Tami,
Just wondering, did you break up with Mr. Perdock for a while after this incident and then get back together with him?
<quoted text>
Tami Turner

Kelseyville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2008

I am getting tired here so bare with my spelling and sentence and paragraph stucture.
Phil, while I see your point about not responding because the original letter writer didn't have "their ducks in a row", there are people who may read this stuff and believe it. I have been ignoring it for a long time and it didn't stop the negative posts and it wasn't dieing a "quiet death". And you are also right that this case isn't about whether or not Russ is a good friend/father. There isn't a case about Russ at all. He is not on trial. The civil case is finished.
And that is why the attacks on his character by people who don't know him are frustrating to me.
phil murphy wrote:
note to Perdock media defense team: responding to letters like the first one is a bad idea, anyone who knew anything about the case knew the author didn't have their ducks in a row by any means, should have just let that one slide by and die a quiet death on it's own.
Also, this case isn't about whether or not Russ Perdock is a good friend/father, it's about his judgement and more importantly, the judgement of Jon Hopkins.
Hopkins turned a tragic accident into additional hell for EVERYONE involved by the extremely unfair way he charged this case, if Perdock is PO'd at anyone it should be Hopkins for making this a polarizing media event instead of a civil case between two insurance companies like it should be.
Hopkins is the real villain here, he is a disgrace to his profession and our community-he needs to be removed from office ASAP.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lakeport Discussions

Search the Lakeport Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 11 hr Fly straight 200,357
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 11 hr Fly right 4,893
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Mon snodder 2,252
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Jul 27 Twilight sun 7,848
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Jul 27 Facts facts 15,927
Hobergs Truth (Sep '13) Jul 22 Provocateur 6
In support of Sheriff Mitchell (Jul '10) Jul 22 Provocateur 125
•••
•••

Lakeport News Video

•••
Lakeport Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Lakeport Jobs

•••