Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201877 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Frank Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#144771 Jun 7, 2012
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Right no...a bullshit expert.
No surprise there.
So heifers produce what if it's not bullshit as a by product of chewing up tons of hay a year dipshit?
Cowshit???
Welllll....
....since you're the expert what's the difference between bullshit and cowshit???
Smell???
Texture???
Viscosity???
Color???
Maybe you can taste the difference.
LOL!!!!
Get lost game player.
You think it's real funny that someone didn't know that penguins don't fly. I'd bet you didn't know that either.

I think it's real funny that you don't know the difference between cows and bulls. Or what a heifer is or even how to spell it.

So I suppose it's just a matter of a different sense of humor.

YUK!YUK!YUK!

“well, really...”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#144772 Jun 7, 2012
KiMare,

Have you ever wondered what your position would be on this issue had the twin sister you absorbed been heterosexual? You sure dodged a bullet didn't you? Maybe you would have a better disposition...

Smile.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#144773 Jun 7, 2012
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Alright.
What do I need a letter for.
What should it state. Let me see yours as a guide...LOL!!!
You make no sense you crazy critter. Who in the [email protected] needs as "letter" except for your goofed up ass...LOL!!!!!
I've never argued with a crazy before but let me tell you...it's an experience.
Please kind sir....exactly what am I in denial of?
This I gotta know...I don't WANT TO BE IN DENIAL!!!!!!!
You are such a silly boy, you fit right on here!

I'm not saying you need a letter, I'm wondering if your WIFE thinks you need a letter.

Apparently you are terrified about that question.

Hmmmmm.

Smile.

Location hidden

#144774 Jun 7, 2012
Denied divorce, some same-sex couples 'wed-locked'

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/07/living/same-sex...

Can't get a divorce if you've never been married...

Location hidden

#144775 Jun 7, 2012
LeaderOfThePack2 wrote:
KiMare,
Have you ever wondered what your position would be on this issue had the twin sister you absorbed been heterosexual? You sure dodged a bullet didn't you? Maybe you would have a better disposition...
Smile.
Explain that to the lesbian in me.

My, my, my disposition is fine. I, I, I am just am stuck on reality.

See, I'm always smiling.

Smile.

“well, really...”

Location hidden

#144776 Jun 7, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain that to the lesbian in me.
My, my, my disposition is fine. I, I, I am just am stuck on reality.
See, I'm always smiling.
Smile.
I think it is a valid question, have you ever wondered? You explain this whole tale of woe to us about you being a lesbian trapped in a mans body because you absorbed your twin sister and have a tail or some such nonsense...I mean really, what if she was heterosexual and you were confused - would you have more compassion for others?

Your disposition is sorely lacking in compassion, which is something I think would be necessary for your line of work!

Smile.
Winston Smith

United States

#144777 Jun 7, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
There is only one reason to go to a therapist?
The hole you are digging deeper is in your head.
And where did I say there was but one reason to go to a therapist? I merely commented on the one reason for going that you cannot lay claim upon. It certainly isn't in the cards for you to help them. Speaking of digging holes, your reading and comprehension skills show more and more with each comment. More accurately, your lack of them.

Location hidden

#144778 Jun 7, 2012
LeaderOfThePack2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is a valid question, have you ever wondered? You explain this whole tale of woe to us about you being a lesbian trapped in a mans body because you absorbed your twin sister and have a tail or some such nonsense...I mean really, what if she was heterosexual and you were confused - would you have more compassion for others?
Your disposition is sorely lacking in compassion, which is something I think would be necessary for your line of work!
Smile.
Truth can never be separated from real compassion.

You expose yourself as a enabler in denial to try to do so. That would be fatal for me, me and me.

It is for you too, you just haven't experienced it yet.

Or, we can look at it this way; One of us is a doctor who gives a 'compassionate' diagnosis that doesn't hurt feelings. The other gives a 'harsh' diagnosis. Which prescription deals with the problem?

Location hidden

#144779 Jun 7, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
And where did I say there was but one reason to go to a therapist? I merely commented on the one reason for going that you cannot lay claim upon. It certainly isn't in the cards for you to help them. Speaking of digging holes, your reading and comprehension skills show more and more with each comment. More accurately, your lack of them.
This from someone who thinks they know more about my relationships/work than I do?

Smile.

“well, really...”

Location hidden

#144780 Jun 7, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth can never be separated from real compassion.
You expose yourself as a enabler in denial to try to do so. That would be fatal for me, me and me.
It is for you too, you just haven't experienced it yet.
Or, we can look at it this way; One of us is a doctor who gives a 'compassionate' diagnosis that doesn't hurt feelings. The other gives a 'harsh' diagnosis. Which prescription deals with the problem?
There is a way to deliver what you call "truth" in a compassionate manner. You, most of the times come off as a prick!

You still have not answered my question...you just dance around it. Would you feel differently? Would you be more understanding of the struggle many of these people have?
A simple yes or no will do...

“WAY TO GO”

Since: Mar 11

IRELAND

#144781 Jun 7, 2012
KiMare wrote:
Denied divorce, some same-sex couples 'wed-locked'
http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/07/living/same-sex...
Can't get a divorce if you've never been married...
And this is changing.....but it is why this whole patchwork of Marriage laws are not working correctly......I wonder if straights would like this if it was happening to them? I mean let's say that every state doesn't have to recognize ALL MARRIAGES......you move and the state you move to doesn't recognize your marriage anymore......now, you and your wife want a divorce, but you can't because your marriage is no longer recognized......it would just piss you off, wouldn't it? Oh and don't bother saying that will NEVER happen, because it could.......that would be poetic justice......lol!!!

Location hidden

#144782 Jun 7, 2012
LeaderOfThePack2 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a way to deliver what you call "truth" in a compassionate manner. You, most of the times come off as a prick!
You still have not answered my question...you just dance around it. Would you feel differently? Would you be more understanding of the struggle many of these people have?
A simple yes or no will do...
Honestly, I enjoy being called a jackass by people in denial. They usually don't like having their denial disrupted, do they?

Honestly, I look for opportunities to 'spend' my compassion.

Do you understand how ridiculous it is to ask me, me, me that question? You are at least three times less likely to be understanding than I am!

The question you need to ask yourself is why did you avoid my analogy?

Location hidden

#144783 Jun 7, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
And this is changing.....but it is why this whole patchwork of Marriage laws are not working correctly......I wonder if straights would like this if it was happening to them? I mean let's say that every state doesn't have to recognize ALL MARRIAGES......you move and the state you move to doesn't recognize your marriage anymore......now, you and your wife want a divorce, but you can't because your marriage is no longer recognized......it would just piss you off, wouldn't it? Oh and don't bother saying that will NEVER happen, because it could.......that would be poetic justice......lol!!!
No it wouldn't, I have a real marriage.
Winston Smith

United States

#144784 Jun 7, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
This from someone who thinks they know more about my relationships/work than I do?
Smile.
More idiocy on your part. I didn't say I know a thing about your relationships or your work. From your ramblings, however, it is quite evident that you're incapable of giving any form of counseling.

“well, really...”

Location hidden

#144785 Jun 7, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly, I enjoy being called a jackass by people in denial. They usually don't like having their denial disrupted, do they?
Do you understand how ridiculous it is to ask me, me, me that question? You are at least three times less likely to be understanding than I am!
I understand your need to come here and be a prick...your compassion is spent at work I hope. I myself am in a "take no prisoners" mood today.

I am in denial of nothing, it is no skin off my nose either way. I don't like to see people being treated unfairly and hated for no reason whatsoever. You cannot deny that is what is happening!

I did address your analogy...I would not go to a Doctor who can't heal and also show compassion at the same time, I would keep searching. Truth can be delivered with compassion!

“"It's The Right Thing To Do"”

Since: Sep 11

Ossining New York

#144786 Jun 7, 2012
LeaderOfThePack2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand your need to come here and be a prick...your compassion is spent at work I hope. I myself am in a "take no prisoners" mood today.
I am in denial of nothing, it is no skin off my nose either way. I don't like to see people being treated unfairly and hated for no reason whatsoever. You cannot deny that is what is happening!
I did address your analogy...I would not go to a Doctor who can't heal and also show compassion at the same time, I would keep searching. Truth can be delivered with compassion!
Great post! And I don't mean to mix my analogy's but that is this whole ball of wax in a nut shell! I feel exactly the same way,and I'm sure that's how many others who are straight on this thread like myself feel! There are NO legitimate reasons to NOT allow equality to all Americans whether they be gay or straight! It is the right thing to do and the Constitutional also and the American thing to do! Allow gays marriage equality as it harms no one and the religious and the ickey factor have NO bearing on this question in a secular nation such as ours!
critic

United States

#144787 Jun 7, 2012
If you all need ministers with open minds to perform ceremonies look up Universal Life Church, headquarters in Modesto CA but their site has a directory listing for all 50 states & more than likely closer to you if you're not in Modesto.

“WAY TO GO”

Since: Mar 11

IRELAND

#144788 Jun 7, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No it wouldn't, I have a real marriage.
Yep, thank you for that response......I KNEW you'd ignore the question I posed to you......because you don't want to think or believe that something could change and make your marriage NOT recognized in all 50 states.........but you have no problem mocking the REAL marriages of Same-Sex Couples.......be truly careful because it could happen to you and your marriage.....though probably not likely.....but someday, the states could be forced to either recognize ALL legal marriages regardless of what state the marriage was performed in or NONE at all if they opt to continue to discriminate just against married Same-Sex Couples!!!
Dan

Sacramento, CA

#144789 Jun 7, 2012
Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You think it's real funny that someone didn't know that penguins don't fly. I'd bet you didn't know that either.
I think it's real funny that you don't know the difference between cows and bulls. Or what a heifer is or even how to spell it.
So I suppose it's just a matter of a different sense of humor.
YUK!YUK!YUK!
Nailed me on my spelling of the heifer. One THAT dart throw you marked a bullseye. For year I spelled it 'hefer'....like 'If Frank Rizzo could one day be sociable enough to find a date I bet the only thing he could attract was a hefer'.

The rest of your rant is again...bullshit.

Stick to the program moron - let gays marry. And if you're really for gays marrying why don't yuo spend yuor time in here shouting down the losers who think the world is only Adam and Eve and never Ted and Steve.

Eh???
Dan

Sacramento, CA

#144790 Jun 7, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Please oh honorable one.

Who are all these people in denial and what are they in denial of?

Seems to me your thinking everyone is in "denial" helps you make it through the day given you're more whacked out than a crack addict downing some payote with a fifth of Jack Daniels.

LOL!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lakeport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Officers deny they taught profiling (Dec '09) Jul 19 xXxMemelordxXx 98
News Shasta Lake search continues (Aug '06) Jul 14 JMichael Kues 6
News Sheriff Mitchell, Supervisors consider legal' e... (Mar '08) Jun 22 Provocateur 90
News Sierra Club files suit against Cristallago deve... (Apr '10) Jun '16 Provocateur 25
News Lake County sheriff cuts off agencies' access t... (Apr '13) Jun '16 Provocateur 19
News Woman dies in driveway (Jul '11) Jun '16 Debbabb 4
News Views and News: Nationalization of retirement (Aug '10) Jun '16 Bern one for obammy 136

Lakeport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lakeport Mortgages