Dirt bikes overrunning parts of Clear...

Dirt bikes overrunning parts of Clearlake

There are 15 comments on the Lake County Record-Bee story from Mar 25, 2008, titled Dirt bikes overrunning parts of Clearlake. In it, Lake County Record-Bee reports that:

Clearlake has dirt and gravel streets, but that doesn't mean it's OK for kids to go tearing down them or on privately owned vacant lots on dirt bikes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lake County Record-Bee.

United States

#1 Mar 26, 2008
Police problem, the CPD stopped two on Bush & 13th a month or so ago, nither was registered, one operated by a 14 year old, the other by a 20 somthing with no license and they let them keep the bikes! Impound them, withhold drivers permits till 18 for underaged offenders. It will not stop if there is no penalty.
Raphael Montoliu

United States

#2 Mar 26, 2008
Dirt bikes, ATV's and other polluting and noisy, obnoxious "recreation vehicles" are a problem everywhere...
I have a solution...they like rough terrain? let them ride at the local garbage dumps, over all the garbage...they won't hurt themselves when they fall, landing on rotten cabbage, and they can litter all they want, throw their beer cans over their shoulders as they usually do when they are on BLM land, and hurt neither the environment nor our ears and nerves.
same ol

United States

#3 Mar 26, 2008
What no dirt bikes? These streets seem like the perfect place to ride dirt bikes. All I see in clearlake is dirt bikes and dirt bags!
Not dumb

United States

#4 Mar 26, 2008
It only took 3 posts before somebody blamed the police department, bravo Kristin, bravo.

United States

#5 Mar 26, 2008
Dirt bikes and ATV's ? Just come and check out the streets in our area, the ones in the area of Meadowood. One family living at the east end of Austin Drive has 2 or 3 ATV's, The roar around our streets without a care in the world. We hope and pray that a patrol car would come by and catch them, but that is wishing for the moon. These people have no respect for the law and ride these off street vehicles like they have every right to be on city streets. I guess they do as no one ever does anything about the problem.

United States

#6 Mar 26, 2008

What a great idea, one thing lacking is recycling the beer cans though. It really is a shame that Darwins theory of survival seems not to apply to these Bozo's they run stop signs all the time and seem to never get hit. I watched in awe this morning as a pickup ran the stop at the bottom of 40th St and zoomed across highway 53 a good ten seconds after the light was red, good thing the driver turning left held up and didn't get clocked.

Of course the CPD has to step up and do it's job, I watched as a CPD car parked in a fire zone today with several other cars, talked with someone, walked passed the cars and around one blocking the sidewalk and never noticed a thing! Anyone know who the tall grey headed Sgt or what is, he has crazy hair like Einstein's poking out all directions.
Phil Murphy

United States

#7 Mar 26, 2008
well maybe if the so-called streets didn't resemble a moto-cross track then dirt bikes wouldn't be on them so much, you don't see this in the Riviera even though a lot of those kids ride too.

Half Moon Bay, CA

#8 Mar 26, 2008
I wouldn't drive my car on the "streets" of Clearlake. Dirt bikes and ATVs make more sense to me, at least you have a chance to get out of the potholes that way.
AG Pennypacker

San Ramon, CA

#9 Mar 26, 2008
How about building them a motocross track out by the dump so they have a good place to ride. That would also bring in tons of money cause riders would come from all around to ride and race there.

United States

#10 Mar 26, 2008
AG Pennypacker wrote:
How about building them a motocross track out by the dump so they have a good place to ride. That would also bring in tons of money cause riders would come from all around to ride and race there.
Two questions, who is going to insure this track and who is going to regulate it? Clearlake can't even get the kids to wear helmets and pads at their skate park.

Don't get me wrong it's a great idea but it needs to be thought out and regulated, therein lies the problem if the little ratbags can't have a free-for-all there they will continue to use the side streets. There are plenty of legal places to ride, problem is mummy and daddy need to have a trailer and take the aforementioned little ratbags there to ride. Think some kid is going to push his dirtbike up Davis to a place to ride?

It's only going to happen if the penalty for riding on the street costs then the privilege to drive till they are 18 or more depending on how many times they get caught. No penalty, no problem! The cops counsel & advise way too often rather than enforce the laws they are supposed to uphold, time to impound the illegal vehicles, impose fines and hold everyone responsible for their actions and make it clear itís not OK to run a trail bike or ATV on our streets.

How about that CPD, ready to step up and accept your Responsibility to the public that pays your way?

United States

#11 Mar 27, 2008
Just another day in good old hazard county. The cpd isnt going to bust these people on dirt bikes, It might ruin the image of their hard core cop biker gang THE IRON PIGS. I know what goes on over near meadow wood, right on the same block as officer Tim Celli.Until the corruption in this city council and police force is taken care of the rest of the citys problems will be on the back burner!
been there

United States

#12 Mar 27, 2008
You have heard of street basketball and hockey....How about street dirt track riding?Let them ride who are they hurting

United States

#13 Mar 31, 2008
what a joke

Lakeport, CA

#14 Sep 19, 2012
if you dont mantian roads then it must be OFF-ROAD better for kids to ride then getting cuaght up in something far worse!
i ride

United States

#15 Feb 26, 2013
I love to ride my atv in cl my car bottoms out and align ment shop practically had me over for thanksgiving fix the streets fix the joke of this thread Ass falt tears up the tires as far as the dump to much glass and broken broomsticks sticking up there is plenty of rideing areas arround..cow upper lake Indian valley Knox Ville the prob is the streets 75% rest is dad is in jail and mom is on pipe jmo

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lakeport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: AutoZone Nov 25 Lonnieaddison 1
News Expect less than promised (Mar '09) Nov 20 mustardkev 32
News Two men charged with child molestation (Jan '09) Nov 16 mustardkev 131
News Two men charged with child molestation (Jan '09) Nov 16 mustardkev 38
Review: Konocti Computers Of Lake County, CA - ... (Mar '14) Nov 13 Marciel A 22
News Sweetheart dance: For the love of animals (Feb '10) Nov 5 Ron Zakay 5
News Lake County, federal agents a Nail the Mailera (Mar '15) Nov 1 moondreamer 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lakeport Mortgages