Record-Bee welcomes new publisher

Record-Bee welcomes new publisher

There are 28 comments on the Lake County Record-Bee story from Apr 16, 2008, titled Record-Bee welcomes new publisher. In it, Lake County Record-Bee reports that:

Gary D. Dickson was named as the new publisher of the Lake County Record-Bee, according to Steve Smith, vice president of community newspapers for the California Newspapers Partnership, and Dickson started his ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lake County Record-Bee.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
A Tellurider

Denver, CO

#1 Apr 17, 2008
This is a person who supported anti-American rhetoric, people who spit on Iraq War Veterans in Telluride turning the Daily Planet from a decent newpaper to a major joke statewide.

Good luck with this bozo.
Renee Coffeen

Lubbock, TX

#3 Apr 18, 2008
I am very hopeful that the quote "Changing of the Guard" means that we will begin to see all the great things that are going on in Lake County. I am so tired of picking up our paper and the only thing that is on the front page are car accidents, murder, and recent arrests of violent crimes. Lake County is a beautiful place to live. It is filled with people who are kind and who carry the spirit of small town America. We are a community filled with people volunteering their time and resources to various organizations. We are filled with people who love our County; who want to see appropriate growth so that we all have jobs and the convenieces that will make us self sufficient. When we travel outside our community to purchase goods and services we are only prospering those communities and not our own. I look forward to a positive message coming from OUR paper!
jim

United States

#4 Apr 18, 2008
How about some new reporters!!!!
Green eyed lady

United States

#6 Apr 18, 2008
Well this could be a good thing??? Lord knows that paper needs help! Start with the reporters and clearing out the ear wax would the first thing!
Wow

San Francisco, CA

#8 Apr 19, 2008
Just noticed that the good stories never get any comments here online. I guess they're right ... people say they want the good stuff but they really want the bad stuff. Just look online here. What stories get the most hits? Yep, the bad news ones. Good news doesn't sell worth poop. Green eyed should start her losing good-news paper. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Tony Gniadek

Chicago, IL

#10 Apr 19, 2008
There have been only two letters to the editor being posted.
The NCPA, and Boat Inspections.
Why are the other letters to the editor not being posted?
Green eyed lady

United States

#11 Apr 19, 2008
Wow wrote:
Just noticed that the good stories never get any comments here online. I guess they're right ... people say they want the good stuff but they really want the bad stuff. Just look online here. What stories get the most hits? Yep, the bad news ones. Good news doesn't sell worth poop. Green eyed should start her losing good-news paper. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
YAWN...

Actually I have thought of it for years! It's called journalism! In case you forgot?
Pete

Clearlake, CA

#13 Apr 19, 2008
diduKnow wrote:
<quoted text>
diduKnow: I will take a subscription of the Good-News Paper! All this bad grude is just down right depressing.
Last Word: I'm no journalist, but maybe I can help deliver the paper on my green-bike.
Green Bike? Is it earth friendly too? Or have training wheels?
Green eyed lady

United States

#16 Apr 20, 2008
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Green Bike? Is it earth friendly too? Or have training wheels?
Not nice Pete!
It was a nice day for a ride, windy but nice!
Green eyed lady

United States

#18 Apr 20, 2008
diduKnow wrote:
Hey the bike is green. and how did you know it was trike?
LAST WORD:I took the training wheels off yesterday! Your serve_
<quoted text>
What kind of Bike?
Pete

Meridian, CA

#19 Apr 20, 2008
Green eyed lady wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of Bike?
What the hell do you care? Your off topic!!
Middletown man

Bettendorf, IA

#20 Apr 25, 2008
Thank goodness, you've got a new publisher. Now, maybe, there will be more local news, not wire copy that I don't care about, reported in the Record-Bee.
JCC

Granbury, TX

#21 Apr 25, 2008
I have noticed a change in the paper lately. We are always going to see crime and car wrecks....that is news. I hope the new publisher will think twice before posting DUI arrests, if only in the true sense of fairness. Without knowing the whole story, the paper could taint a possible jury pool. Reguardless of what people might think, there are those who go to trial on DUIs. Good luck Mr. Publisher!
Stepford paper

United States

#23 Apr 26, 2008
I would like to see more investigative reporting and less fear of stepping on BOS' and other county official's toes. This paper has been so reticent to write about the real issues that beset this area, it's just so much fish wrap now.
Fish wrap

United States

#24 Apr 26, 2008
needs face lift and some fearless investigative reporting of the corrupt big fish in this small pond...including Sutter Lakeside Hospital and it's self-serving Board of Directors. You have a hospital being administered by a CEO with the compassion of a dead fish, you've got problems.
Get real

United States

#25 Apr 26, 2008
2 full-time reporters at last count to cover a county and you think you're going to get investigative reporting? Lost my job at the Merc after 27 years. In this industry now, it's survival mode. You'll get what you get. US Dissident is right. "If it bleeds it leads" is a journalism mantra. People want to read about and see it, and it sells. Always has, always will. One of my former co-workers once left the regular industry to work for the "The Good News," a paper dedicated to good news. It folded in a hurry. What's that tell you?
diduKnow

Peoria, AZ

#26 Apr 27, 2008
U know just good ole hard work from the heart.

LAST WORD: PEDDAL PUSHER.
Green eyed lady wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of Bike?
Green Eyed Lady

United States

#27 Apr 27, 2008
diduKnow wrote:
U know just good ole hard work from the heart.
LAST WORD: PEDDAL PUSHER.
<quoted text>
Nice day for a ride.

The NEW website for the paper is good! Much better!
Adrian Vance

Los Altos, CA

#29 May 5, 2008
Sounds like he'll fit right in with all our neo-coms, greens, meth cookers and Marijuana growers. This is the place where all their dreams have come true. This is a place where no conservative word is to be heard. If you want to make them all mad just present some simple facts and then stand back for all the hate "feelings."
Lake Co neo-com

San Francisco, CA

#30 May 7, 2008
Good luck pleasing all these people gary. Speaking of hate Andy here has a real problem with women and reality. Just be glad he's not sending your editor this crap.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lakeport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pomos seek to create long-needed homeland, casi... (Oct '16) Feb '18 ACTION 65
News County looks to cut energy cost (Jun '17) Jan '18 Larree Allene 2
News Gang ties alleged in torture case (Jan '10) Jan '18 11a22bc3 1,224
Clearlake.....is it a nice place to live (May '06) Jan '18 vjd 132
Kelseyville Liitle League Vendor Jevin Stiffs a... (Aug '17) Dec '17 JevinScam 2
Review: Konocti Computers Of Lake County, CA - ... (Mar '14) Dec '17 Brantley Lopez 27
Price of water in Lucerne (Jul '17) Nov '17 How Dare U 2

Lakeport Jobs

Personal Finance

Lakeport Mortgages