Residents seek increase in DMV services, hours

Full story: Lake County Record-Bee

Area citizens are coming together to tell legislators of their concerns regarding local DMV services.
Comments
1 - 9 of 9 Comments Last updated Mar 23, 2012
Yellow Trike

Clearlake, CA

#1 Oct 23, 2008
Department of Motor Vehicles - ergo, if someone seeks service from the Department of Motor Vehicles they must have a vehicle. If they have a vehicle they may drive to the nearest Department of Motor Vehicles office.

In this ever tightening budget I don't see that state increasing service to a satellite office.
Carolyn Carroll

Napa, CA

#2 Oct 23, 2008
I didn't even know there was a DMV satellite office in Clearlake. It's obvious DMV doesn't want everyone to know about it. Where is this satellite office located?

Didn't they build a new DMV office in Lakeport a couple years ago? If most of the population in Lake County lives in Clearlake, why didn't they build it there and then use the old DMV office in Lakeport as a satellite office? Sounds like typical political non-thinking to me.
Bjorn Effsteen

Clearlake, CA

#3 Oct 23, 2008
As far as population and needs, yes, Clearlake made more sense for the DMV Office, but since Lakeport is the county seat that's probably why they got it. Same place as the courts, county offices, etc. I agree w/ Yellow Trike though. Give me a break. Not to mention there are Lake County Transit routes that take you about a block from the DMV office. And with the budget situation? Do you really think the state will pay rent, utilities, and STAFFING for a Clearlake office, to accommodate a few poor people? I'd rather see the tax money used to transport those poor people out of here--enough tax money has been wasted pointing poor people TO this county. Please.
eyes wide open

San Leandro, CA

#4 Oct 24, 2008
The DMV office in Lakeport is located on the frontage road by Kathy Fowler, the Collage, UPS, and Quail Run Gym.
Harold

Clearlake, CA

#5 Oct 24, 2008
I think if they added another office in the county they might have a problem meeting the DMV minimum required wait time.
newandimprovedcl earlake

Olympia, WA

#6 Oct 24, 2008
Carolyn Carroll wrote:
I didn't even know there was a DMV satellite office in Clearlake. It's obvious DMV doesn't want everyone to know about it. Where is this satellite office located?
Didn't they build a new DMV office in Lakeport a couple years ago? If most of the population in Lake County lives in Clearlake, why didn't they build it there and then use the old DMV office in Lakeport as a satellite office? Sounds like typical political non-thinking to me.
Because you have idiots in charge in Clearlake...Vote for me for a REAL change!
Linda

Osage Beach, MO

#7 Jun 17, 2010
Carolyn Carroll wrote:
Its in the Safeway shopping center and is only open on Thursday. The line is very long, since this is the only day they are open, and the wait can be hours
Local

Kelseyville, CA

#8 Jun 21, 2010
Carolyn Carroll wrote:
If you haven't figured it out, our friends at the County of Lake will always choose to provide government jobs to the other end of the lake. It doesn't matter that simple logistics would make Clearlake a better location than Lakeport.
As a gesture of their goodwill toward the largest population center in the County(the City of Clearlake), County leaders gave us the county dump.
The latest County government manipulated fiasco (Lowes) brings to mind the time when K-mart wanted to locate in clearlake. The County government put up a fuss, and K-mart ended up in lakeport.
Years later, the manipulation backfired, and Walmart built in Clearlake. Karma will strike the County GOB's again with this Lowes fiasco.
Danielle

United States

#9 Mar 23, 2012
Carolyn Carroll wrote:
The satellite office is in the same plaza that Safeway is. I believe it's near the nail salon and the bar Reflections.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lakeport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 1 hr Go aways 5,004
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 4 hr lazy posts 200,590
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 6 hr lazy posts 15,963
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Thu Tank ever 7,926
In support of Sheriff Mitchell (Jul '10) Aug 24 Ed MgGuilitard 126
Supervisors tour castle (Mar '09) Aug 20 jerry mcallister 14
Incumbent Robey makes surprise endorsement in D... (Mar '08) Aug 16 Mendocinoedudiscr... 16
•••

Lakeport News Video

•••
•••

Lakeport Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lakeport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••