Dee Lightner

AOL

#1 Jul 2, 2006
Hello Lakeland.

I purchased a video from a resident of your lovely city on eBay. It was not anything special, just a movie I purchaased for my in-laws, called "Save The Tiger" starring Jack Lemmon.

This 'seller' in reality was in my estimation no such thing, as she got my check in a very timely manner, cashed it (and then lied to me that the check had not arrived when in fact it had already been cashed) and so far has not sent the video.

Then, she says she will just have to refund my money, and of course no money has come back to me either.

The info on the back of my cancelled check says this person has some sort of internet business, called Hocus Pocus Onlinc, Inc.

Now, I guess the hocus pocus part would have been a dead giveaway had I seen that before I ever sent my check, because this so-called 'seller' certainly was able to say "hocus-pocus" and make my money disappear.

I am wondering if this constitutes mail fraud, as she conducted this tranasaction through the mail. Just in case that could be, I am reporting this fraud to the postmaster of your town.

So, if anyone plans to order a video from anyone doing business as Hocus Pocus Online Inc, be aware that you may get ripped off, as I did.

Dee Lightner
Beaufort SC

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lakeland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
desperate for advice. (Jul '12) Apr 25 Lilly Pants 13
Kimberly Louiselle ?? Murder unsolved. Can you ... (Oct '10) Apr '16 CRDL 93
Poll Is Angel Sanchez from Norfolk NE a homosexual? Mar '16 Shelly 0
corrupt law enforcement in south lyon (Nov '15) Mar '16 TAZ 7269 2
News State police issued Amber alert for girl as soo... Feb '16 Joseph Connor 2
scott brazill (Jun '14) Nov '15 templarrose04 4
News South Lyon eatery shuttered just months after o... (Jan '10) Oct '15 Norm 40
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lakeland Mortgages