Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2009

corybeck wrote:
Hey everybody! I am a restaurant manager at a family entertainment center. It is a 40,000sq ft fun center. It has a 32 lane bowilng center, 150+ arcade area, and a HUGE restaurant and bar. Our main focus is pizza wings and burgers, but we also have full dinners such as strip steak, lasagna, meatloaf,and a fish that everybody calls grouper but its really catfish.( I told everybody that we should take it off, but they insisted on keeping it and calling it by its scientific name. Pangasius) Anyway, I have been here for 3 months and the GM wants me to come up with ideas about changing the restaurant around and making some money. The restaurant can seat about 130 people and we are never full. i want to break up the restaurant and have a seperate place for private parties. The reputation of the restaurant is not in good standing either. I have tried changing the menu but i think we need to go another way. But i dont know which way is best. I had a thought of a diner set-up, but have never delt with a diner before. Does anyone have any ideas i could work with. If so please let me know. I know if I dont change this place around soon, very soon not just myself but all my employees in the restaurant will be out of a job. Please help if you can
Signed,
A man in desperate need!!!
Hi there!,
A fun center seems more like a pizza, burger and wing place more than anything. I remember when I have visited places similar to yours they had birthday packages like so much food, activities like bowling and video games and a birthday cake all included in to a nice little birthday package and charge per quest like if I wanted to have my kids birthday party there I would have 20 people or so and you can charge per person depending on what menu they chose. And have the food, games and birthday cake included. I would take the fish and dinner type stuff off the menu, higher costing items and people don't eat fish at a fun center. Check out the menu at Dave and Busters on line, their place sounds like your kind of place and they serve food there too but advertise to an older crowd. Do your banquet/ party idea and have some advertising in house done to push it, it's your job on the line, not your boss's!
Heather Charlotte, NC
Heather

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2009

Judged:

Hi there!,
A fun center seems more like a pizza, burger and wing place more than anything. I remember when I have visited places similar to yours they had birthday packages like so much food, activities like bowling and video games and a birthday cake all included in to a nice little birthday package and charge per quest like if I wanted to have my kids birthday party there I would have 20 people or so and you can charge per person depending on what menu they chose. And have the food, games and birthday cake included. I would take the fish and dinner type stuff off the menu, higher costing items and people don't eat fish at a fun center. Check out the menu at Dave and Busters on line, their place sounds like your kind of place and they serve food there too but advertise to an older crowd. Do your banquet/ party idea and have some advertising in house done to push it, it's your job on the line, not your boss's!
Heather Charlotte, NC
Jenn

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2009

We were at the Eagle Ridge mall in Arpil and the restaurant by the game place was closed up. They have the snack bar open which was mediocre at best.
The mall is under bankruptcy right now and with the economy people are not eating out like before. The weekdays are not busy because people are working or trying to find work.

I find maybe too much thought was put into the place, with other competition in the mall, fine dining would not work near a game palce. A beef's or similar type joint would work out perfectly. offordable burgers, sandwiches, grilled food and a bit of fried would have been great, keeping it simple and as fresh as possible. To over think these things can be a businesses undoing.

My biggest problem was reading how Catfish was being passed off as Grouper which is a big infraction in the world of restaurants and they could have faced serious implications if someone inspecting them caught that lie. It shows the GM's inablity and imcompetence to run a good honest establishment.
Katie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2009

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!! ok,this isnt about the resturant ....... but i seriously need money.i only need to make 20 bucks before the end of the week...and i only have 5 days. im 14 so i cant get a job, and my mom thinks its a bad stupid to sell some of my things i dont use...because everyone in my neighbor hood is poor.. but i dont use alot of my things... i dont want to give them away for free.. i cant do anything on the internet. theres nothing to help anyone around my neighbor hood... what do i do?
i asked my mom if i could do anything around the house...she said she wants to save her moneyfor food... i didnt ask my grandma but she will say no. i dont have a dad... he lves in kansas and i live in arizon... help me please!!!
Jessica Walker

Valladolid, Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2009

If you visit www.restaurantmarketing2009.com i got some great ideas for my restaurant from this book. The guy who wrote it has obviously ran lots of succesful restaurants and has the right ideas for making a profitable business out of them. After reading his book my restaurant is fully booked most nights.

Hope this helps!:)

Since: Apr 08

Kinston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2009

Judged:

I think what Mother of 5 said about leaning towards a menu like Beef is an excelent idea!!! They have a simple menu that you can prepare fast. The menu is perfect for the Rec atmosphere. Good luck!!
Mikey D

New Prague, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2009

Judged:

Hey Cory, I have had to make a changes to a similar spot before where we ended up making two banquet rooms a fine dining section completely secluded, sports bar section that butted up to the video game section which was made successful mostly from the ticket system. There are many different things to do as far as food even if you do basket food, do GREAT basket food and you might want to come up with a signature item for marketing purposes. This is a scattered response but a place that you can start is restaurantowner.com that is a spot that helped me figure out how to make better decisions. I am not paid by that website it just helped me. If you need anything I will always give free advice..Flairthis@hotmail.com
what ever

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2009

Judged:

this is my sugestion quit your Job because it is ovbious that you have no clue. Tell the owner his is an idiot if he doesn't change the name of his place, and last stop wasting my time.

“Radiance Road Marketing”

Since: Sep 09

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2009

Judged:

I don't know if you are still open or if the poster is there anymore... how about an update?

You may want to consider how you are promoting your bix on the internet. I saw you have a website.
What are you doing to promote it?

You may want to check out some of the ideas in
http://www.radianceroadmarketing.com/doityour...

Good luck and lemme know what happens!
Jack Duncan, Internet Marketing Expert in Lakeland

[url=" http://www.radianceroadmarketing.com/default.... ;]Lakeland Internet Marketing[/url]
Chef Daniel

La Place, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2009

Judged:

Hey man this is weird but i am in the same boat at a Country club restraunt. what i did was i threw a brunch and gave a all new menu. i think your on the right path with the new menu. come up with five new dishes that you are confident in and you can maybe bring in the parents, the kids only need to know that there is entertainment there, i took a job in the country club right after they filed for bankrupcy and we have increased our business by 13 percent in two months. nothing happens over night and remember a business that does not advertise is seen as a struggling business, and a struggling business will go up on there prices and is more liable to price changes and seen by the public as a drowning pool. try inviting people to a show day for instence you can offer something free for buying something else. when you see the word free a greedy bell in your brain is going off and people will come to see whats going on. remember that you only have one shot to make your first impression on the communitty. if you have any questions or if i can help you email me at
ciaobellaervin@gmail.com
Jay

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2010

Judged:

i need some help
my dad is the manger of a restaurant and it was doing really well, but he stropped working there for awhile, and two other mangers worked their, one re-did it and looks new, and the other gave it a new menu, but they were not successful with it, so now my dad is back working there. it is not making money, and in order for that to happen he would have to firer most of his staff because he can't pay all of them, and move so he could work full time. the problem is he doesn't want to leave me, so im trying to help him and find ideas on how to make more money. i don't have a lot of info about the restaurant but if someone could share some ideas with me, that would be great.
shadi abu salim

Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2010

Judged:

I am shadi from Aida-Camp for refugees- Bethlehem . I had injured in my eye while I was crossing Israeli block to reach my work, I lost my vision in right eye cause of retina detachment and other is 6/12 which leads losing my work , I was working as electronic technician.

as you know its very bad economic situation in Palestine .I cant find job as well as cant work in repairing.

I cant take my medication because I cant reach Jerusalem which only there is the eye hospital . I donít have permission to enter, as well as its very expensive to do operations and have medication, I donít know what to do I am very tired and feel frustration, because iam only who have to help my family.

looking forward to hear from you soon. If you cant support me please advice to whom may I can contact .

If you need any documentation and report I will send them if required.

Regards,

Shadi abu salim
shadi_abusalim@yahoo.com
Chef Jack

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2010

I'm amazed how many people who responded to this 'scream for qualified help' have no idea what in the heck they're talking about.

I think you should scrap all of the information so far posted, I realize the majority are well-meaning souls but they are totally unqualified and out of their depth in this instance. Without knowing any of the socio-economic parameters which determine all market share opportunities for any foodservice establishment, you first need a very clinical assessment of the situation you find yourself in and thoroughly understand how you got there. From that you can begin to formulate a plan to determine a realistic approach with which to set a new course for the business.

If you lack the necessary business skills, or are not iron-fisted and strong with numbers crunching or people handling, you will never make it and you may as well close your doors.

As a professional, I have 17 successful start-up establishments under my belt and all are doing fine.

Most restaurants fail because of weak ownership coupled with lousy management, which quickly turns a business into a hobby. A hobby belongs in a garage not a turnkey operation where people are depending on strong and qualified leadership for their livelihoods.

If you are a dedicated hospitality owner in serious trouble contact me. If you are not dedicated and are as I described above a weak-sister, please dont bother. I dont do hobbies.

-chefjaxmail@gmail.com
MAID IN AMERICA

Bartow, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2010

HELP!!!..I NEED some MONEY to PAY my weekly grocery bill!!!!!!
Bryant Jaquez

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

Here is an Awesome article about how you can make money by selling ad space IN your restaurant http://www.geniusbusiness.com/uncategorized/r...
I hope this helps some restaurant owners. Cheers

Bryant Jaquez
management of restaurants

Cairo, Egypt

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2010

ease of reporting and cost accounting, control and inventory of the stores, run more than one branch through the Internet, a cashier flexible, easy, and secure all this and more in the coffee shop to manage the accounts of restaurants from Sun should
Features:
A sophisticated system for POS (Cashier) of the strongest systems cashier, which provides you:
Ease of billing and Bonat Kitchen
Galleries sophisticated billing system
Migrate to the balance of Treasury bills after the end of each shift
Migrate accounts for each pink cashier to balance cabinet
High Security Accounts
Daily Movement
Sales management and customer accounts and procurement management and vendor accounts
System for personnel management
System expenses
Cash and profit
Professional system for warehouse management, which enables you to:
Follow the movement of classified
Follow the movement of each store.
Reveal the monetary value of the goods depot.
The work of supply of items from store to store another.
An inventory of the stores.
Screen Kitchen
Knowledge of your earnings from the restaurant through the income statement for any period to be determined.
Accounts of costs and profitability of each meal
Can work more than one user of the program and the development of special powers for each user.
The possibility of managing more than one branch through the Internet and the ability to monitor your restaurant and your accounts from anywhere via the Internet.
To protect the database against any malfunction of the operating system
Special Offer Free Web site hosting and a comprehensive restaurant reservation domain for one year:: offer is valid until the end of the month.
Language is the CIA program Sharp (C #) with databases Sekule Server (SQLSERVER), which is characterized by force and speed in data processing and to keep the number of data is not final for the very large.
To connect via Messenger: marketing@sunsoft-co.com
Do not miss and contact us now
M. Hiba Mustafa
0020191670170 Mobile:
Phone: 0020572401262
----------
http://www.sunsoftco.com/images.png
Spots:
To those looking for easy management of the restaurant, ease of preparation of reports and cost accounting, quality control and inventory of the stores, run more than one branch through the Internet system, POS (Cashier) a flexible, easy, and secure all this and more in the coffee shop to manage the accounts of restaurants from Sun should ... Do not miss and contact us now
Michelle Espela

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2011

RESTAURANT OWNERS LOOK NO FURTHUR THIS COM{ANY SAVED OUR RESTAURANT

http://www.restaurantprofits.com.au/
sal

Overland Park, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2012

Every Month or Week you can invite people to try some food lets say like samples that way if people really really like it i can assure you they will come back for some more like orange chicken samples or entree samples you can either stand outside of your restaurant and give these samples
thats what Panda express has done and just look at the line also have some good hdtvs in your restaurant so the costumers have somthing to look at while they are eating
jeremy

Warrenton, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2012

Hi im a head chef at a restaurant in northern michigan and i saw that you were looking for some some ideas to change the venue and draw in more customers i have to agree with some of the comments that bland food just dosent cut it. And the dyk are great lil ideas for the menu but you may need to think about a change in what you are all serving if your menue is to spread out your food cost will b greater than your intake which is devistating if you still need help i have plenty of ideas to share . U can contact me via email at ghost2807@gmail.com

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lakeland Discussions

Search the Lakeland Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 4 hr texan 2,386
FL Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) Tue nina roth 2,063
Looking for a old friend (May '09) Jul 20 couch 5
Review: Painting Incorporated New Age Auto Jul 18 Owner of the Shop Rude 1
Is lakeland a nice place to live? (Apr '12) Jul 18 moving soon 72
Where are the worst crime areas in Lakeland? (Dec '08) Jul 18 moving soon 68
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) Jul 15 BigDog 2,922
•••
•••
•••
•••

Lakeland Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lakeland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••