4 men caught in park sex sting

4 men caught in park sex sting

There are 35 comments on the WTSP Tampa Bay story from Oct 2, 2007, titled 4 men caught in park sex sting. In it, WTSP Tampa Bay reports that:

A doctor from Bartow Regional Medical Center and an optician from Lakeland were among four men arrested Tuesday in a sex sting at Saddle Creek Park in Polk County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTSP Tampa Bay.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
richard

AOL

#2 Oct 3, 2007
Sheriff Judd you and your team. Keep up the good job
Roz

Pinellas Park, FL

#3 Oct 3, 2007
The thing is they need to get a room or go to their homes for this sort of thing. I have no probelm with their "choice" in life but I do have a problem when it is in a public park or other public setting. If they choose to act stupid then I hope they are all arrested.
Bubba Watcher

United States

#4 Oct 3, 2007
Hey Sheriff Judd, you really need to consider running for President! It would be fun to see what you could do with all the resorces available in that position of power. You could "clean house" from the White House on down to street level.Talk about job security for 4 to 8 years. You would have my vote on election day!
Bill

Clearwater, FL

#5 Oct 3, 2007
Dr. Juan Bravo, head of Bartow Regional Medical Center's new Center for Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine, cuts the ribbon to celebrate its opening with Greater Bartow Chamber of Commerce, hospital staff, and city officials. Dr. Bravo previously worked at a hyperbaric facility at St. Joseph's in Tampa

Looks as though they caught a big fish this time. Let's see if he gets out of it like Mark Foley did when having inappropriate contact with young pages.
UNKNOWN

United States

#6 Oct 3, 2007
WHY ARE WE SO WORRIED ABOUT WHERE MEN ARE MEETING UP WHO CARES, THERE ARE MISSING CHILDREN, MISSING SEX OFFENDERS AND WE HAVE OUT POLICE IN THE WOODS WAITING ON PEOPLE TO SHOW UP. GIVE ME A BREAK, LIKE THEY NEVER WENT TO A BACK ROAD WITH THEIR GIRLFRIEND OR WHATEVER. JUAN BRAVO IS A GOOD MAN HIS PERSONAL LIFE IS EXACTLY THAT. LEAVE HIM ALONE
UNKNOWN

United States

#7 Oct 3, 2007
IF THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN A MAN AND A WOMAN NO ONE WOULD BE SAYING ANYTHING
Bill

Bradenton, FL

#8 Oct 3, 2007
UNKNOWN wrote:
WHY ARE WE SO WORRIED ABOUT WHERE MEN ARE MEETING UP WHO CARES, THERE ARE MISSING CHILDREN, MISSING SEX OFFENDERS AND WE HAVE OUT POLICE IN THE WOODS WAITING ON PEOPLE TO SHOW UP. GIVE ME A BREAK, LIKE THEY NEVER WENT TO A BACK ROAD WITH THEIR GIRLFRIEND OR WHATEVER. JUAN BRAVO IS A GOOD MAN HIS PERSONAL LIFE IS EXACTLY THAT. LEAVE HIM ALONE
It is their personal life, but there's a chance a child may show up. Remember everyone wants these sex offender laws that are even putting children on registry for life. People are being put on registry for peeing in the woods. Also, people better be careful on the back roads anymore. Won't be long before you will get in trouble for holding hands. Already happened in one school. As far as these men, they need to keep it private. Then it is their business. The runaway sex offender laws that protect no children may have destroyed the lives of these men and their families.
Bill

Bradenton, FL

#9 Oct 3, 2007
UNKNOWN wrote:
IF THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN A MAN AND A WOMAN NO ONE WOULD BE SAYING ANYTHING
Today they would both be arrested. It's not a gay thing. It's the paranoia caused by politicians running for re-election and the gutter journalism of our media.
Bill

Bradenton, FL

#10 Oct 3, 2007
Off Topic but shows what's happening in this country.
Keller school bans hugs and hand-holding

08:19 PM CDT on Saturday, September 29, 2007

By CHRIS HAWES / WFAA-TV

WFAA-TV
Some students say they want to hold hands.

Chris Hawes reports

KELLER - No hugging allowed.
Holding hands?

Don't even think about.

One North Texas school forbids it all and arguing about it could lead to much worse.

That ban at Fossil Hill Middle School has left many students and parents bitter.
You might not give much thought to how often you hug a friend, or hold a hand. Neither did these some students at the school until they were told they couldn't.

Ashley Highberger's a good student but Monday, she did something that earned a quick reprimand from a nearby teacher - she held a friend's hand.

"She said it was a PDA and I don't think that it is because it's really not sexual at all," Highberger said.

"I hold hands with everybody. I hold hands with Kayleen all the time too."

Principal Dave Hadley confirms Fossil Hill Middle School rules prohibit any hand-holding, as well as hugs.

"Teachers will politely say:'Hey no public display of affection,'" Hadley said.

"I think it's kind of like if you let the camel put his head in the tent, next thing you know, the camel's going to be inside the tent."

Hadley also worries it could lead to sexual harassment but Ashley's mother disagrees, saying she raised her daughter to be affectionate.

"There's nothing wrong with it," Stacy DiMaggio said.
She's supporting her daughter as she circulates a petition to lift the ban.

So far, the middle schooler's gotten nearly 300 other Seventh and Eighth graders to sign it.

Hadley compliments her democratic approach but doubts it will work.

"We just feel that if we have a policy that says we don't hug, we don't hold hands, we don't kiss here at school that everybody knows and everybody understands. Then they can focus on their education and not hugging," Hadley said.

In Keller ISD, each school can set its own rules about displays of affection. We checked with Fort Worth and Dallas and found both districts' policies do allow for hugging and hand-holding. However, a principal can set stricter rules if needed.
clb

Saint Petersburg, FL

#11 Oct 3, 2007
UNKNOWN wrote:
All he needs to do to keep it his personal life is not expose it in public.
A friend of Ben

Naples, FL

#13 Oct 5, 2007
So what has happened to innocent until proven quilty or doesn't that apply in the State of Florida. There are two sides to ever story so stay tuned.
WHY

Parrish, FL

#14 Oct 5, 2007
I know Dr. Bravo personally, he is a VERY good man, a great family guy and Dr., who has helped many, many people. I am convinced that there is an explanation for this, every story has two sides, and he has not been allowed to present his' yet. Police make mistakes, and they can be very partial and unfair when they think they caught a big fish. I wonder how much of all this is true, and how much re-election politics play a role here.
EAA

Bradenton, FL

#15 Oct 6, 2007
I am a physician and have professionally worked with Dr Bravo for many years. I worked with him through his residency as well as after his residency. He is a great guy and a family man. I was shocked to hear this story. I have a difficult time believing that Dr Bravo would be involved in such acts. I was recently involved in a story that the local news got a glimpse of and made assumptions which were purely fabricated and told as if they were true. Nothing but lies base on minimal true information. Truely wake up story for me.
All I can say is, that you cannot believe everything you read. As far as my personal and professional relationship with Dr Bravo, I would never expect such behavior. I know a few people which I would not be surprised to commit such acts. But Never from this Man.
Dr Bravo is a great guy. Don't hang him without any evidence. What you read in the paper or hear in the news is not evidence, but unfortunately, people tend to beleive what they read as fact.
Not true.
AEP

Tampa, FL

#17 Oct 8, 2007
EAA...Do you really think the good Doc would be openly advertising his penchant for man sex in his professional work place?

No, you are correct, we shouldn't hang him without evidence, but I believe his being caught with his pants down, says a whole lot about what he was doing.
Spare Me

AOL

#18 Oct 8, 2007
I personally think the Sherriff's Department Budget should be cut in half.....since they have time to stay in parks for hours waiting to ENTRAP men to do something!!! YES they do entrap them....they say things like..."SHOW ME WHAT YOU LIKE TO DO"...as they are rubbing their leg....GIVE ME A BREAK......while they are wasting time doing this, someone is being murdered,beaten,robbed....and lets not forget about the crazy driver that is zipping in and out of traffic ready to cause an accident....I AM SO HAPPY MY TAX DOLLARS ARE GOING TO SUCH GOOD USE!!!
Oh PLEASE

AOL

#19 Oct 8, 2007
I personally think the Sheriff's Department Budget needs to be cut in HALF...since they have all this time to wait for HOURS in the parks to ENTRAP men....YES they do entrap them....they say"SHOW ME WHAT YOU LIKE TO DO"...as they are rubbing their leg....lets just waste all this time in the park, while someone is being Murdered,Raped,Robbed, and let's not forget about the crazy driver that is zipping in and out of traffic ready to cause an accident!!! I AM SO HAPPY MY TAX DOLLARS ARE GOING FOR SUCH NONSENSE!!! WAY TO GO...oh please!
keiko

Davenport, FL

#21 Nov 7, 2007
ha ha ha dr juan bravo got caught thats funny
xxx

Orlando, FL

#22 Jan 9, 2008
????what happend to him???
dfg

Riverview, FL

#23 May 22, 2008
Im his daughter and all Law enforcement can go to Hell. They accused my father of something that he didnt do and it RUINED all of my familys lives. Thanks to all the all hole Cops out there my INNOCENT dad is struggling at work. I wish all law enforcement would Fuck off and occupy their time doing something usefull and not ruin peoples lives. And as for Sherrif Judd whatever the hell i hope he looses his job and family and everything to see how he would feel. Im sure he would have a different outlook On EVERYTHING. as for those who say my father is a bad man shut the hell up you dont know him and im sure if your judging people before you know facts that you in fact are the bad person. Dont judge. Thank you to all law enforcement for ruining my life :D
GAY guy

Orlando, FL

#24 Jun 18, 2010
He is so gay.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lakeland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what kind of guy is Nolan fields Aug 26 red devil 007 2
friend search for milli mitchell Aug 23 donna 1
News Crime report for Tuesday, June 30 (Aug '09) Aug 11 Michelle 2
News Man sought in Mulberry business shooting Aug 1 Curious 1
Review: Meadowbrook Mobile Home Park (Feb '14) Jul '15 cedarhurst 5
The girls that beat Victoria Lindsay up? (Mar '12) Jul '15 Robin 14
Rebecca Sedwick's Bully Jul '15 Just a Nana 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lakeland Mortgages