How can gang problem be solved?

How can gang problem be solved?

There are 54 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Oct 14, 2007, titled How can gang problem be solved?. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Each week Osceola-Polk Bureau Chief Mark Pino will start a dialogue between community members about local issues -- from the silly to the serious.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Cyrus

San Antonio, TX

#42 Oct 25, 2007
MBI wrote:
We need to continue arresting ad guys, hookes, topless dancers and adult bookstore owners. That, combined with my men spending endless amounts of cash at nudie bars to entrap the dancers, will help with the gang problem. Look at how effective its been in the last 10 years?
What gibberish is this???
Cyrus

San Antonio, TX

#43 Oct 25, 2007
I attended a Gang Awareness meeting 3 months ago. Orlando has gangs. They have crips, bloods, Latin Kings and MS13 right here in Orlando. Central Fla. has about 23,000 members. These are facts. The signs are everywhere. Ever see a tennis shoe hanging on a powerline? That is a gang boundary line. There's much more. They recruit in the schools, basketball courts, skating rink, etc. Members ages range from 10 to 60. It's a growing problem. Gangs are in Iraq too. They are in our Army. Cops in the National Guard have seen symbols spray painted on walls. These are Street gangs from the good old USA. Amazing.
mad

AOL

#44 Oct 25, 2007
In Chicago if you are seen in gang colors you are taken to jail.If it is proven you are a head in a gang your family is banned from the county.Try that here and see how many parents start to get involved.I dont want to move because of my child.And I will not pick my kid up from jail every time they dont dress properly.Parents have to know who their kids are with and what they are doing.If a child is caught gangbanging fine the parents see how long it takes those parents to find time to spend with their kids.

“I hate racists Black people”

Since: Oct 07

Orlando

#45 Oct 26, 2007
mad wrote:
In Chicago if you are seen in gang colors you are taken to jail.If it is proven you are a head in a gang your family is banned from the county.Try that here and see how many parents start to get involved.I dont want to move because of my child.And I will not pick my kid up from jail every time they dont dress properly.Parents have to know who their kids are with and what they are doing.If a child is caught gangbanging fine the parents see how long it takes those parents to find time to spend with their kids.
You're going to have to show me some facts on this because I think you are just pulling stuff out of your butt. They can't ban people from a county or any place that hasn't done anything. The gangbanger, maybe, but the whole family? yeah right. Good luck making that stick.
jonboy49

Prescott, AZ

#46 Apr 17, 2012
all of these problems start at home. YOU had the kids...now it is up to you to raise them...Nobody can do it but YOU the parent....ANY ANIMAL can have an offspring.....It doesn't take ANY BRAINS to do it....It takes Brains to raise them to be productive HUMANS ......It's YOUR job ...Don.t spread your legs for every man and pop out worthless human beings....Humans are put on earth to be useful...NOT crack dealers, gangbangers, thugs, gangsters thiefs, robbers,pimps and killers. BUT the statistics indicate that this is the composition of the youth of the inner city ...NO real HONEST goals...Just gonna HANG and wait for checks for the government and more and more handouts. You have to WANT to do it for your self....Not Hang out and wait for someone to give you a hi-paying job......Surrounding yourself with the types ABOVE only lessens your chances of breaking your DOOMED FUTURE....How can you stand living in those surroundings. GET OUT OR DIE THERE ....ALL OF YOU must have a DEATH WISH that you want to blame on WHITTIE....OH No blame yourself.It's your job ...from day one I was taught to be a respectful person and to go by the rules...And if and when I screwed up there was hell to pay REAL HELL TO PAY...I wanted to do good to make my parents PROUD....Worked and saved and lead a CLEAN HONEST life...It paid OFF ....You might rethink the raising of your youngsters with some honest GOALS.Your first thought is to tell me and all whites to stay out of your lives...Well it ain't going so good for you doing it your way ....you might take some good advise or start planning the kids' funerals
Indie

Lakeland, FL

#47 Apr 20, 2012
This country has put an end to old fashion home grown punishments and penalties. You can not spank, send to their room with no dinner and so on. The principle can not spank send them home and so on. The last time I recalled when I was under 18 I had no primary rights until I ether earned them or made it to 18.
Joe

Lakeland, FL

#48 Apr 24, 2012
When and if,these street thugs and butt showing idiots get caught for breaking the law.Then put them in lock up.Let them stay for about 2 weeks,no cell phone,no games,no electronic devices at all,no tv,no radio.Feed them ,no junk food,no fast food.Just good old jail food.
Chain them together ,put them to work ,like the old chain gang.
Bottom line---parents are responsible(should be),but are not.Some parents are sorrier than their kids.
Its time to stop pandering law breaks.Fill up the jails!!!!!
Joe

Lakeland, FL

#49 Apr 24, 2012
jonboy49,you are right on!!! I think some of the sorry state of affairs with the people are,govt. yes.gov t.If it were not for the free give away of taxpayer money to these people who lay back and have children (taxpayer funded) thru the govt.maybe,just maybe ,you would have (2) two parents at home .At least one would be working,making his or her own way in life.
But,when the govt.tells you you are entitled to these give aways(again ,taxpayer money)
What I'm saying is,the govt.sponsers whoredom.Have a child,we will pay you,over and over!!!!!!!!!!
Congress does not have the guts to curtail this kind of spending.They have jello for spines!!!!!!!!!!
Changing lives

Harrodsburg, KY

#51 May 2, 2012
Really some one has asked how to get rid of gangs? HOW BOUT THiS HUG YOUR CHILDREN TELL THEM/SHOW THEM YOU LOVE THEM the only way gangs survive is with new recruits and if you care and nurture your children they wont feel as if they need a "NEW" family come on parents wake up generations before us neglected children so now we have gangs lets turn the change of tides don't get aggervated if your children fuck up work with them REMEMBER you have taught them right from wrong so its not the kids fault if they aren't behaving
Tired of Silly

Longwood, FL

#52 May 2, 2012
How do you get rid of gangs???? Bomb the useless pieces of trash.
so sad

Livingston, TN

#53 May 2, 2012
let it go
MAID IN AMERICA

Lakeland, FL

#54 May 4, 2012
By using guns...and shooting STRAIGHT FOR their criminal hearts....
Joe

Lakeland, FL

#55 May 11, 2012
When and IF they are caught doing gang activity ,and proven gang association and particpation,then make them a member of the CHAIN gang.Run by the prison/jail system.
Chain them to one another put them to work on the roads,cleaning up the road sides.
Worked in the old days!!!!!!!!!!
Could work now ,except for the bleeding hearts and softies on crime.
scoooooobypooop

Winter Park, FL

#58 Jun 14, 2012
I believe that aliens should come here and colonize us. We'd make great pets!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lakeland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Meadowbrook Mobile Home Park (Feb '14) Jul 26 cedarhurst 5
The girls that beat Victoria Lindsay up? (Mar '12) Jul 24 Robin 14
Rebecca Sedwick's Bully Jul 11 Just a Nana 4
Late 70's Rock Festival at race track? (Aug '09) Jul 8 trtheanimal 53
Anyone know Jeffery Clinton Judd (Feb '10) Jul 7 RIP 7
Review: Extra Space - Lakeland Jul 6 jerrel 1
Is lakeland a nice place to live? (Apr '12) Jun '15 Amy121485 81
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lakeland Mortgages