Got Scammed By ALARMS ETC.

Posted in the Lakeland Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Unsatified Customer

Lapeer, MI

#2 Jul 2, 2009
Went in to buy two remotes for my alarm at ALARMS ETC.901 N. Florida Ave..,Lakeland for an Alarm I already had.Aha but $40.00 they said they would update mine to a better Alarm.Put in the CHEAPEST one they had...[Was suppose to have been an UPDATE Didn't know they put the Cheapest they had.]Till they had already Installed it..
I Agreed..
Told me they would have it done by 6pm, 6pm turned into 7pm,When we got there they was rushing around,It was around 8pm when they finally finished.We left and got down the road a bit,,Radio didn't work,,Turned around and went Right back..He fooled with the wires a bit and sent us on our way..Couple days later still having problems with my Radio,,Mind you it worked just fine before I took it in..So I take it back today 7-1-09 and he said bring it by he would look at it.I Gave Him SOME SRCREWS That I Found In The Floorboard of the Truck.Gave them to Daniel,Didn't even tempt to put them back in my Dashboard,He just Pulled out my Radio and said yea it's your Antenna it is No Good or your Factory Radio isn't any good..It will Be Another $80.00 to fix it..I said NO ,I told him my Radio worked just fine when I came in here,I think you should have to fix it..Told me it Would be over an Hour ,He has a part coming from the Tampa Store,and He would Work with me And Only CHARGE me $40.00,He would cut the cost with me..I said NO,That's not right..So while I waited I went around the Cornter to another Installer on Memorial Blvd. and he said something didn't get hooked up right,,So I went back and Told Daniel Weisgarber what they said,,He got mad because I got A Second Opinion..Still waiting for part to come..He ask me to leave and he wasn't doing business with me No more..I refused to leave without my Radio being fixed..He calls the Cops on me..So I ask him are you going to FIX my Radio?He Said NO,,so I let and went around the corner to Memorial Blvd.,,and They were Super Nice,,The Installer stopped what he was doing and waited on me Right away..He said to let him finish up with the Truck he was working on and he would get right on it..15 Mintutes later he was looking at my Truck within 20 MINTUTES he was done...
I had to Pay Them To Fix Alarms Etc.Mess Up.Something that should have to pay for..They took advantage of me..And talked me into a New Alarm I didn't Need and then wanted to Charge me to Fix it by telling something eles was Wrong with it,,Trying to get me to pay them MORE MONEY to Fix it..Then they didn't hook everything back up the right way and then REFUSE to Fix it...

Alarms Etc.
901 N.Florida Ave,Lakeland,Fl.
4980 US Highway 98 N,Lakeland,fl. They would not HELP me either,I called them for Help thier store on 98 N.

Daniel Weisgarber[Shop Manger]
Nick Bugler [Sales/Install Tech.]

So I had to go some where eles to have it Fixed..
On Memorial Blvd. Great Place to Go..
One thing Good came out of it I Know Where To Take My Truck Next Time..

My Statement Reads::Checked out 2000 ford150,alarm installed eleswere,after install Radio would not recieve am/fm signal.

Fixed Issue by Reconnecting wired fm modulator to overhead dvd monitor that was disconected..

Beware of SCAMMERS...
Unsatified Customer

Lapeer, MI

#3 Jul 2, 2009
Come to find out They are only to do Window Tint and Decals..

Daniel was working on my Radio and messed it up and REFUSED to pay for it..

I work hard for my money and I wouldn't want this to happen to you...
Unsatified Customer

Lapeer, MI

#4 Jul 2, 2009
Sorry it posted twice..
Tim

United States

#5 Jul 6, 2009
The Best Place to go Is Customs On Memorial Blvd..
They Are GREAT.........

United States

#6 Jul 14, 2009
Customs will always do you right...They will treat you like your somebody...And won't Rip you off..
sweet

Kendalia, TX

#7 Jul 16, 2009
Thanks for the Warning...
HaHa

United States

#8 Jul 17, 2009
Not a Good place to go..I heard also..
Sam

United States

#9 Jul 17, 2009
I would not go there either...
sweet

Kendalia, TX

#10 Jul 18, 2009
They are just young Kids trying to do a MANS job...
Bitter Sweet

Gainesville, FL

#11 Jul 28, 2009
Still no License.But they are still working on your cars..Beware..
Bitter Sweet

Gainesville, FL

#12 Jul 30, 2009
They have No Tech License.But they are still working on peoples cars..They are only to do Detailing,,Not WORK UNDER THE HOOD..But nothing has been done to stop them..So I guess anyone can work on Cars without an Tech License..THEY ARE...
Bitter Sweet

Gainesville, FL

#13 Jul 30, 2009
How can they get away with this..When everyone eles needs a License to do work like this???????
Can anyone Help or have any Ideas?? Would love to hear them..
sassu

Pacific, MO

#14 Jul 31, 2009
Bitter Sweet wrote:
How can they get away with this..When everyone eles needs a License to do work like this???????
Can anyone Help or have any Ideas?? Would love to hear them..
testing, testing
Bitter Sweet

Gainesville, FL

#15 Aug 1, 2009
sassu wrote:
<quoted text>
testing, testing
Didn't no one ask for a Smart Azz Remark like yours find something better to do with your Time..Azz Sniffer...
Sam

United States

#17 Aug 1, 2009
Yea,there is always one Jerk in the bunch and SASSU,Is just another in That Bunch...
Sam

United States

#18 Aug 1, 2009
sassu wrote:
<quoted text>
testing, testing
Your moma said the same thing when she went to take a Sh-t and you popped out..Mommas little Turd.Testing testing..Seen your momma on the corner selling Crack last night...

United States

#19 Aug 1, 2009
sassu--Stupid Azz You
Good screen name for you...
Kim

Lithonia, GA

#20 Aug 2, 2009
sassu wrote:
<quoted text>
testing, testing
What an A-- you are..........
Samiam

Orlando, FL

#21 Aug 4, 2009
sassu wrote:
<quoted text>
testing, testing
COWARD
Bitter

Gainesville, FL

#22 Aug 7, 2009
Beware if you let them work on your car..They are just boys that have no idea what they are doing, trying to do a mans job....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lakeland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man sought in Mulberry business shooting Aug 1 Curious 1
Review: Meadowbrook Mobile Home Park (Feb '14) Jul 26 cedarhurst 5
The girls that beat Victoria Lindsay up? (Mar '12) Jul 24 Robin 14
Rebecca Sedwick's Bully Jul 11 Just a Nana 4
Late 70's Rock Festival at race track? (Aug '09) Jul 8 trtheanimal 53
Anyone know Jeffery Clinton Judd (Feb '10) Jul 7 RIP 7
Review: Extra Space - Lakeland Jul 6 jerrel 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lakeland Mortgages