12-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide After Being 'Absolutely Terrorized On Social Media'

Sep 12, 2013 Full story: SFGate 13

A 12-year-old Florida girl has committed suicide after enduring ruthless bullying on social media for more than a year, AP reports.

Full Story
a citizen of lakeland

Lakeland, FL

#1 Sep 12, 2013
Sadly, This is no surprise. The parents here make bullying an art form. In fact, there is even a term for it: I am going to get all Polk County on #insert name of victim here#. Sheriff Grady Judd should worry more about the parents teaching a culture of retribution and entitlement.
concerned citizen

Syracuse, NY

#2 Sep 15, 2013
maybe the bullies need a taste of their own medicine!
prison needed

Blytheville, AR

#3 Sep 17, 2013
concerned citizen wrote:
maybe the bullies need a taste of their own medicine!
To bad that every girl that bullied her will not get a death sentence...Hopefully there mind will be in torment as long as they live.Please make sure all the girls will be punished .

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#4 Oct 1, 2013
Such a sad story. A life lost so young.
nellie

Saint Augustine, FL

#5 Oct 15, 2013
See how they will like it sitting in Jail or juvenile Hall.
From Ca

Los Angeles, CA

#7 Oct 16, 2013
Like the rest of people in our country am tired of hearing about brats thinking they're entitled to toture people for their personnel entertainment.

At the beginning of every school year the schools need to educate the kids on bullying. Spell it out by using the things that was texed or said to Rebecca. Yes I do mean swear words orther wise the kids won't know. This should be the law across the country k-12. Let the kids know what will happen if they bully class mates. They be in juvie, they cqn't see their friends, they can't go the the mall and how everything they enjoy will be taken from them

The religious communties can educate kids about bullying.

And lets not forget educating the parents as to what attorney fee and time off from work will cost.

Another thing I'm tired of is hearing that kids are just mean. No, no and again no. Not all kids are mean.
solidarity

Stuart, FL

#8 Oct 16, 2013
From Ca wrote:
Like the rest of people in our country am tired of hearing about brats thinking they're entitled to toture people for their personnel entertainment.
At the beginning of every school year the schools need to educate the kids on bullying. Spell it out by using the things that was texed or said to Rebecca. Yes I do mean swear words orther wise the kids won't know. This should be the law across the country k-12. Let the kids know what will happen if they bully class mates. They be in juvie, they cqn't see their friends, they can't go the the mall and how everything they enjoy will be taken from them
The religious communties can educate kids about bullying.
And lets not forget educating the parents as to what attorney fee and time off from work will cost.
Another thing I'm tired of is hearing that kids are just mean. No, no and again no. Not all kids are mean.
Mean kids behaving bad. There is an employer that will absolutely hire them once they finish High School: Humana. There they need no training to be a bully, since it is part of their daily job activities to be cruel and selfish to others. It is like the bully's central station.
Not No Way

London, UK

#9 Oct 17, 2013
Take responsibility for your own actions! If you kill yourself then you did it not anyone else. What do you think cyber is some big deal that made you a shining star for all the world to see? For all the world to care about? No that is not life. Stop blaming other people when someone is so foolish as to take their own life. This girls parents should be arrested for not letting their daughter live in a non-fantasy world. She could have taken a stick and wopped her bully in the mouth with it or done anything other than what she did. She is at fault for taking her life not me not you not anyone else!
Anything other than that truth is a lie. Here is a good one for you: I put a man's taint in my mouth and got found out so I will throw me off a bridge and blame it on someone else. Did you like that one?
eross

Anderson, SC

#10 Oct 17, 2013
Parents, you are on notice. Please continue voting Democrat, there's no one left to blame BUT the current politics in place. That and I'm glad the parents were arrested.
Congo

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#11 Oct 18, 2013
I was looking at a monitor screen and saw something that "absolutely terrorized" me. I became so frightened I drank as much milk as I could to over dose. I didn't realize that what was on my monitor wasn't real. My parents are to blame because they didn't tell me that. Maybe my parents should have talked to me a little more and I would have been able to tell fantasy from reality. You will all see how terrorized I am. My mother will by milk again. Oh yes she will than you will all see.
eross

Anderson, SC

#14 Oct 18, 2013
See you liberal cesspool Lakeland, FL voters? Now they're working on a law to punish the parents (I'll bet the kids will walk free), or heck put them all into a concentration camp. Cheaper than prison.
Edna

Erie, PA

#15 Oct 18, 2013
Congo wrote:
I was looking at a monitor screen and saw something that "absolutely terrorized" me. I became so frightened I drank as much milk as I could to over dose. I didn't realize that what was on my monitor wasn't real. My parents are to blame because they didn't tell me that. Maybe my parents should have talked to me a little more and I would have been able to tell fantasy from reality. You will all see how terrorized I am. My mother will by milk again. Oh yes she will than you will all see.
You are clearly a juvenile (in more ways than one!) who hasn't developed the comprehensive skills needed to form a decent analogy to the issue being discussed. In short, you're clueless and your postings ridiculous. Shut up and drink your milk, lol.
CessPee

Milpitas, CA

#16 Oct 18, 2013
You can't govern human nature. The only proper way is to tell the truth. Those parents let the kid watch to much tv, think to much of herself, not deal with reality, expected the govt and people like u on websites to tell them how to raise their own child.
What if I tell u I don't like u and your fancy dressed friend what r u gonna do go kill urself?
Why not? Cause ur an adult? Sh!t I wouldn't have done it if I was 7 much less 12. That family was fragmented, self centered like they taught their kid to be. They probably let her believe her bedroom was her own property. I bet Edna that you think your important because your on a digital device. Yeah for sure the whole world cares about what u say. Please just don't tell me u don't like me or I will have to end it all and blame it on u.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lakeland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Polk: 78 arrested in online prostitution sting (Jan '13) Dec 21 thatgirl1978 11
Chili's North Lakeland Dec 17 Miss Jameson 1
Pain Without Help Dec 15 Catpaws 2
Polk's Juvenile Correctional Facility closes (Jan '08) Dec 14 Jake White 20
Sunset Motel in Lakeland is it a dump Dec 14 snowman 1
Lori from TN looking for Gina Dec 10 Lori 3
Is lakeland a nice place to live? (Apr '12) Dec 9 LKemper 75
Lakeland Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web