Margot B - W Palm Beach

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2010

While walking this week saw 2 dying adult birds in as many days, 1/2 mile apart, different species. Creepy, indeed.
ALT Edmond Ok

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2011

Found a dead bird in backyard. I have a bird house that usually houses a lively group of Martins. They are just sitting there staring. It's a pretty warm day today so it cannot because of the cold.
Buckedoff1

Carrollton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2011

Found 10 dead blackbirds on my property of 10 acers yesterday. I live in Wise County Texas. The birds look like Brewer's Blackbirds but I am not sure. They did not seem to have any wounds just dead face down with wings spread. Very strange.
Daryl

Bradenton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2011

Yeah down here on the westside of florida ive seen four dead crows within the last week,not a noraml thing at all. they didnt looked very mangled or anything either just dead under trees,and i found one right by my doorstep very spooky.
alicia banks

Bryant, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2011

lost

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2011

Al -Thunder Bay Canada wrote:
I have found three small dead birds on my deck
in the last three weeks. They were all found in a sitting position,as if sleeping, kinda wierd??
That's what keeps happening to me! I don't understand
Kate

Delray Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2011

I came back from vacation 4-6-2011 to find a large bird lying in the yard. The wing was spanned out but the bird had been on fire and half of the bird was missing. It must have dropped from the sky as there was a dent in the ground. The grass was black under and around so it was on fire when it landed.
I think it was hit by lightening, or by a plane, or perhaps it went in to an electrical wire. I did not know what to do so I put on gloves and put it in to a plastic bag. It was smelling badly. I have two dogs here. I cleaned up the mess and disinfected the area. I was shocked to find it in the yard. I couldnt think how it happened but maybe it got sucked in to a plane. Does anyone have any idea about this?
Monalisa

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2011

I have been seeing dead baby birds lately, can someone tell me if thats a sign or meaning to something?
Tom and Becky Smith

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2011

We've lived in this house for five years and have had bird feeders up every year. Prior to this year, I've found just one dead bird, a Starling, and I saw a Mockingbird kill it in a bird fight. This year however, I just this morning found the eighth dead bird since Spring. It started with a Hummingbird and then there were Cowbirds and Sparrows. None of the birds appeared to be mauled as if a cat had gotten ahold of them, and the last two, both Sparrows, were still alive and squirming as in a death spiral ? I'd sure be interested in Knowing how to proceed to identify the problem. We have two small dogs and i wouldn't want them to find them first and possibly get sick from it.
kim

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2011

on the day of my fathers two year anniversary of his death we saw a dead bird on the way to the cemetary. When we got back home there was a headless ravaged dead bird on our lawn. About two days after another bird flew straight into our large front window of our house then got attacked by a magpie and when we ran outside to check its claws stiffend took two or three breaths and died. We thought nothing of the first dead bird sighting but now things are getting a bit strange. Am looking for solutions and meaning to it all because putting it all down to coincidence just dont cut it.
whats up

New Albany, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2011

found a dead bird on my porch . Looked like half the head had acid put on it . the rest of the body looked normal {kentuckey}
Armyof1

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2011

Today I found the 3rd dead bird out side my apartment entrance in columbus, Ohio. it was a cardinal I found, and the time before that it was I robbin, before that a black bird. I'm trying to find a meaning in this. I came to the conclusion that .. It maybe chemicals from the trails planes are leaving in the skies, our someone's sending me a message.
Cherina

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2012

I went outside a few days ago and there was a small one then just now I found another one on my porch. It was only around an hour or two that it showed up and was hard. I am starting to wonder if it's a neighborhood kid or maybe a dog leaving gifts for my dog. Either way I'm freaked out
Jeff wrote:
...I have been finding dead birds wherever I go. I haven't found any large birds, only smaller ones. I called the Health Dept. and they referred
me to the website: myfwc.com/bird
...Yesterday a dead Vireo was on my porch. The website seems poorly done and lacks information ~ and why do they list only a small choice of birds?
...Something is very wrong outside right now and if you are finding dead birds please
leave your comments!
violet muro

Hesperia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2012

hi i found a dead bird with red head and red around his wing what does that mean
Nay

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2012

So today I heard a loud knock at my door. And I answered but to my surprise NO ONE was there so as I was about to walk out to see who it was I stepped on something smooshy and I looked down and it was a dead bird,and one of my neighbors said they saw some African knock and run. Very freaky cuz it wasn't possible for the bird to be just dead there cuz we live in an apartment. I'm thinking it was those people BUT MY QUESTION IS WHY? We keep to ourselves and bother nobody
nmiller51

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

I love birds and have been feeding them for 21 years and it is natural to find one dead every once in a while. I am starting to be concerned as i have seen 3 adult Cardinals dead in my yard this week. What is killing the birds?
Nell

Quincy, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

We have found about 10 dead sparrows within the last month in our yard. They look like they have been pecked at/eaten. Since it is only sparrows, should be do anything about it? Have cleaned the feeders and they drink out of a fountain. Have had a feeder for years, never had this happen before.
Cheerup

Singapore, Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

It sounds like a bad omen and I have my own experience to it but a good one so be happy. Death I suppose has many meanings and with a bird to it rather more mysterious. 20 yrs ago I had a dream of a dead bird and it was good news as I passed my exams rather my law exams which I was facing a hurdle with as I had a rather poor lifestyle-boozing. This time it's a real dead bird -a pigeon- at my front door. Strange it was lying down neatly and not sprawled disarray. I have a good feeling out of it innately but nothing has happened since and I m just waiting for a significant news. I m sure it will be good. So take heart.
Mich

Missouri City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

I have also been seeing a lot of dead birds in Stafford, TX. I see atleast 5 over the past few weeks.
angel of the lord

Johannesburg, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

u are sick wanting such things for money

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lake Worth Discussions

Search the Lake Worth Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 8 hr Space Shrinker 2,932
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 12 hr Arthur 2,403
Review: Whispers All Girl Staff (Jan '13) Tue James 24
Ithaca Circle West Mon childhood 1
Elite Decorative Arts (Jun '12) Jul 28 consignor 37
The Story of Tinoris Williams: Did He Have to Die? Jul 28 Vickie Williams 1
grittiest streets in Palm Beach County (Mar '08) Jul 28 Go Blue Forever 17
•••
•••
•••
•••

Lake Worth Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000