Nodira

Murrysville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2008

I just found a dead bird on my front porch. I cleaned my front porch just two days ago and this bird seems like was dead for over two or three days. I don't know what is that means, I just hope nothing bad. For the last three years I found many dead birds on my back porch right next to the steps and its weird.
Sarah

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2008

I have found 2 dead Robins on my patio just this week! I too have always heard that this is a bad omen and means death. I am concerned about this dilema and would like to know where to go to get a straight answer??!
LW LADS

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2008

after reading the first two blogs concerning west palm beach and boynton strip clubs full of AIDS and rape and killings i worry more about strippers they have many many more worse diseases than dead birds the birds cant hurt you after reading boynton LW and delray it seems other things are alot more dangerous@
Georgie

Boulder, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2008

I founded a dead bird in my...BOX OF CEREAL.
I really thought it was a frosted mini wheat...damn rotting bird corpse!*Shakes fist*

I found a dead bird on my PORCH!!
OMG.
Then I saw my cat try to bring him inside :-/.
(Thankfully, my cat is the size of the bird and that didn't go over too well...) GOOD LIL HUNTER.

*sends his cat to the East Coast*

Reppin from the highest state ;)- CO
Anne

Chesterfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2008

I found a HUGE dead crow last night right at the bottom the walkway that leads to my front door, so it did not hit the door and fall. It was either placed there or just dropped dead there (?). It had no wounds that I could see and
I think it would have been too large for a cat to carry.
Any thoughts?
Sad

Jamaica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2008

it means someone close to you will die T-T
Jen

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2008

This is indeed upsetting. I've been trying to figure out what is going on with the birds. This is the second summer we have noticed numerous dead birds all around - tis summer much worse than last. I'm determined to have my local officials respond.
Mel

Orrville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2008

Jen wrote:
This is indeed upsetting. I've been trying to figure out what is going on with the birds. This is the second summer we have noticed numerous dead birds all around - tis summer much worse than last. I'm determined to have my local officials respond.
I just found two dead adult robins on my front porch. I know they weren't there yesterday because I was outside talking on the phone yesterday near where they died. I would of saw them. I think this is kind of freaky weird. I called the police, fire department, hospital and poison control. It doesn't seem like our world is very educated about West Nile and/or bird flu! People told me it should be ok.
Amanda Herzog

Mcdonough, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2008

We came home this evening to find a very large (huge infact) dead Pheasant lying on the front porch. I live just south of Atlanta, Georgia in a sub division, this kind of thing just doesnt happen unless someone wants it too. We called the police, to report the behavior, and found out lots of birds have been dying around the area. Right now its under investigation.
dead sparrow

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2008

at my doorstep outside my apartment, it did freak me out, so i need to know what is going on. I do research on strange phenomenoms, but this never came up till now
kim

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2009

Cathy wrote:
I have a dead sparrow on my front porch, if I walked out there I would stop on it what does this mean? everyone keeps telling me it means something bad is going to happen! I'm affraid to even leave my house lol. I have heard that if a black bird flew in your house it ment death. Does anyone know of any stupid wives tales or anything?
That wives-tale involves a sparrow in the house. Sparrows according to legend carry the souls of the desceased or "soon-to-be" to heaven.
Jolene

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2009

We have been seeing an unusual amount of small birds dead in the yard, probably 10 in the last month between my two neighbors and myself. We feed the birds in feeders and I am worried that we may somehow be hurting them???
Jeff

Boynton Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2009

Jolene ~ I wouldn't think that you could be doing harm to the birds, you're just feeding them!
Are the birds mangled in any way, as though a cat may have killed them?
Interesting that this thread has gone on for so long, with contributors from all over. As of late I haven't been seeing anymore dead birds around my area (Lake Worth, Florida).
Monte

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2009

Judged:

The bird feed isnt from China or something?
nlop

Canandaigua, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2009

I was walking in my moms yard last week with my 3 yr old and we found a small dead bird and now it's all she talks about!! OY!

Then Today i'm at my moms house again and a friend of mine who is visiting from out of town makes a weird joke about dead birds that i didn't get! lol which reminds my daughter about the dead bird in the yard and now she wont stop talking about it AGAIN! lol

So then this evening i get home to my building complex where every APT has it's own reserved parking spot and number. When i pull up and drive into my spot guess what? YUP you guessed it, a dead bird right in my spot! right at the very tip! Thank God my kid was asleep! i couldnt bare listening to her talk about this for another 3 months!!! lol

But honestly What he heck is going on with all this dead bird stmbolism??? It's kinda freaky! Thnks for listening
Jeff

Boynton Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2009

nlop ~ what a interesting and very funny post!
pegling

West Orange, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2009

I've been living in the same house for over 10 years and not one dead bird. This year I've had a dead hawk, a dead goldfinch, dead sparrow all in the backyard and tonight a dead crow on the front porch. I've got a dog who has a doggie door so no cats are in the backyard. None of the birds have any marks on them (my dog won't go near them) and the hawk looked like it dropped out of the sky in mid flight wings wide open.

Anyway, I called the county and they'll pick it up in the morning and test for West Nile.
vickie

Lebanon, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2009

I am from indiana, lebanon and frankfort area.
and I am posting that I also am finding dead birds in my yard, I pick up at least 2 a week, sometimes more, I called the board of health in frankfort and he is picking up the dead bird I found yesterday and sending it to be tested. I am curious to see what is causing these birds to die.
Jeff

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2009

This is really strange....it would be nice if any of you would post what the findings are concerning the birds they are picking up and testing....unless they don't get back to you with the results.... Haven't been seeing many dead birds here in Palm Beach County, Fl. since my original post....at least not here by our house....
skylar

Saint Thomas, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2009

my grandma was watching my aunt cathy's house when we just saw a dove lying there like he just fell out a tree lying on his back or something, we looked it up on the net and found out that if a bird flies into a window, it means that someone will die soon in that house or someone you love or is close to you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Worth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 13 hr Liberal forever 2,954
BEWARE the SALON PROFESSIONAL ACADEMY salon ser... (Dec '09) Tue xoxo122688 30
New $1 cigarette tax has Florida smokers fuming (Jul '09) Mon Marvinfish 1,390
Review: Fantasys Of Palm Beach (Sep '11) Aug 25 girlyB 5
Greenacres Music Thread (Nov '13) Aug 23 Musikologist 4
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) Aug 23 Sadira Snape 2,456
FL Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) Aug 23 Taxus 2,120
•••

Rip Current Statement for Palm Beach County was issued at August 27 at 8:08PM EDT

•••
•••
•••

Lake Worth Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lake Worth People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Lake Worth News, Events & Info